• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

THE:MILKMAN

If it is shown to be CG at GDC what will you guys convinced it isn't say about it?

I admit I immediately thought "CG" when I first saw Joakim's face in this interview. It looked similar to the meet Emily video from years ago.

Either way, it worked. Look forward to the live stream at GDC.

Elios83

Doesn't look like CG to me.
Eyes, lips movements are too natual. It's a real actor, the whole interview is a charade orchestrated by Kojima :p

oKZZHxY.png

I had to...

OFkvO6j.png

Am I the only one who doesn't find all this Phantom Pain nonsense funny or interesting? Kojima needs to deliver big time IMO, his studio only released one game the entire generation and it was a steaming pile of horse shit.

Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeros trailer was interesting but it was mostly a cut-scene...Kojima needs to show some good gameplay running at a decent frame rate for me to get excited.

PO=Crap
MGS4=Ok
PW=Great

Bedlam

It's completely idiotic and it's a serious reminder that Kojima needs to stop messing around with the MGS Franchise. It's obvious now after MGS:R that the lesser to Kojima's madness the game is exposed, the best the final product is.

If the way he handled his subject wouldnt be so freaking childish, he would get a pass, but after the clusterfuck that was MGS4 well.. I hate using meme images but
Clearly, MGS games are not for you. Never were.

shuri

Banned
Clearly, MGS games are not for you. Never were.
I was actually a huge fan, I owned the original releases of every title, even imported some editions.. Heck I rebought the hd remasters a couple of weeks ago. But MGS4 was the breaking point. When I finished the game, I was so disgusted by it that I ended up booting my laptop and putting my MGS collection on ebay.

It was just too much.

abrack08

I was actually a huge fan, I owned the original releases of every title, even imported some editions.. Heck I rebought the hd remasters a couple of weeks ago. But MGS4 was the breaking point. When I finished the game, I was so disgusted by it that I ended up booting my laptop and putting my MGS collection on ebay.
It was just too much.

uE59kex.jpg

MGS4 haters are crazy

mattp

things i cannot fucking believe:
-anyone actually thinking this is not just kojima's ridiculous viral marketing or that mogren is a real person
-anyone thinking that video is cg lol

Persona86

Banned
After all the marketing push that the Doripope and GTTV interview, I can only imagine the final review score this game is gonna get.

It's completely idiotic and it's a serious reminder that Kojima needs to stop messing around with the MGS Franchise. It's obvious now after MGS:R that the lesser to Kojima's madness the game is exposed, the best the final product is.

If the way he handled his subject wouldnt be so freaking childish, he would get a pass, but after the clusterfuck that was MGS4 well.. I hate using meme images but:

ayee.jpg

Kojima's handling of the subjects comes off as it MGS4 was written by an alternate reality 15 years old version Alex Jones high on energy drinks after a 12 hours viewing binge of conspiracy videos on youtube. It's like he losts touch with reality or something and his scripts are just copypasted subjects. He needs an editor.

The entire MGS franchise has the potential to be such a classic pseudo sci-fi/military video game storyline, but its getting drowned over and over again by Kojima pulling a waddatwist.gif over and over and over again; and it gets worse with every new MGS installement.
Damn what a buzzkill.

marrec

Banned
things i cannot fucking believe:
-anyone actually thinking this is not just kojima's ridiculous viral marketing or that mogren is a real person
-anyone thinking that video is cg lol

Woah, explain this one to me cause you lost me.

What?

Jawmuncher

MGS4 haters are crazy

While I can't say I love MGS4 I sure dont hate it on the scale that it ruined the franchise.
When I beat it I was just sort of like. " that's it?"
It was ok I guess I need to play it again when I do a MGS marathon well see how I feel about. It sure isn't anywhere close to 1,2, or 3 though.

mattp

Woah, explain this one to me cause you lost me.

What?

i keep seeing posts discussing who joakim mogren is or whether moby dick studios is real etc
is it not that obvious this is just mgs marketing? i mean, it's all stupid fun and they very clearly are doing it all with a *wink wink* type of attitude. OF COURSE it's metal gear

Persona86

Banned
While I can't say I love MGS4 I sure dont hate it on the scale that it ruined the franchise.
When I beat it I was just sort of like. " that's it?"
It was ok I guess I need to play it again when I do a MGS marathon well see how I feel about. It sure isn't anywhere close to 1,2, or 3 though.

Did you see the big boss part after the credits?

i keep seeing posts discussing who joakim mogren is or whether moby dick studios is real etc
is it not that obvious this is just mgs marketing? i mean, it's all stupid fun and they very clearly are doing it all with a *wink wink* type of attitude. OF COURSE it's metal gear

Who thinks that?

CengizMan

Saw this couple of hourse ago. It is so crazy! I like how suspicious everything is recorded and edited and I love that ending.

Jawmuncher

Did you see the big boss part after the credits?

I did and I was still just sort of sitting there going "that's it"? I guess it's just not the send off I was expecting. To me it just seems to come out of nowhere. Like I said I played it at launch and bit more that year and haven't touched it since. Ill be going back in soon and seeing if my mind has changed about it.

javac

The look on his face at the end LMFAO this is amazing, absolutely amazing. This is why I love the game industry, so fucking bizarre :D

Lord Phol

Just on Page 10, but this is pure gaf goodness and I'm lovin it!
I highly doubt this is CG but I love the craziness Kojima pulls off.

Ty4on

Sorry for being boring and if this has been asked before, but why is he pronouncing Joakim as if it was Spanish? It's pronounced like Yoo-ah-kim.

marrec

Banned
i didnt mean that guy is literally kojima lol. that kojima is obviously behind all of this

Kojima doesn't seem like the kinda guy that would do this. He's too busy working on the next Metal Gear Solid game to develop a whole new game for a different developer.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Kojima doesn't seem like the kinda guy that would do this. He's too busy working on the next Metal Gear Solid game to develop a whole new game for a different developer.

Yeah. I mean seriously 2 games at the same time, considering the time it takes him to develop a single one? People need to get real.

Top Bottom