• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Once Upon A Time S5 |OT| The Brave and the Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Milah, either you talked Rumple into killing a man or you trade a child that doesn't and probably won't exist to save your current child. If you were really so onboard with murder then you should've done it.

tumblr_o4d5akpr1G1sjcg5bo5_r1_250.gif

That look destroyed me.

sparkzero

This was a really bad filler episode. The only storyline I enjoyed was the one with Henry and Cruella (I still hope she gets resurrected!)

I'm looking forward to next week when we see Zelena again.

While the writing is abysmally bad, I still kind of have respect for the writers for dragging these storylines on so long. I couldn't even imagine creating 5 seasons of 22 episodes with such a relatively small cast.

tumblr_o4dcz7Qadd1ufact6o1_540.png

tumblr_o4dcz7Qadd1ufact6o2_540.png

tumblr_o4dcz7Qadd1ufact6o3_540.png

tumblr_o4dcz7Qadd1ufact6o4_540.png

Just caught up on Netflix. Oh for fuck's sake, Gold is the dark one AGAIN? It's not like this show is original with its plot twists anyway but for the love of GOLD have him go through meaningful development or kill him off. I rolled my eyes so hard they practically popped out of my head when he pushed Mia into the lake.

And that Hades actor is doing the best James Wood impression ever huh

The last thing OUAT has is a small cast. Their tendency to add too many fucking characters for the sake of 'oh they were in a Disney movie this one time' is tedious as hell and one of the main reasons why I've come to dislike this show more than like it.

It can still chip out an entertaining episode, but repetitive plotlines plus the absolutely terrible handling of Hook as character by making him more of a good guy than fucking Emma at this point who for some reason everyone is willing to save is awful.

zeemumu

Just caught up on Netflix. Oh for fuck's sake, Gold is the dark one AGAIN? It's not like this show is original with its plot twists anyway but for the love of GOLD have him go through meaningful development or kill him off. I rolled my eyes so hard they practically popped out of my head when he pushed Mia into the lake.

Yeah I've had problems with their handling of Gold as well. The last time he was full hero was in Neverland, and since then he's been walking it back at the slightest opportunity.

Constants in the show
Gold to be shifty
True loves breaks all curses like cheating on your wife
True love causes stalking, sexual harassment and erectile dysfunction if the woman is the aggressive one

What you talking about Dorthy will be mad useless those it's sad that Zelena is the closest to a strong female character on the show like they are remixing Regina

Zelina in her Wicked Witch get up works for me, green paint and all. Maybe even a tier above Evil Queen Regina.

I can't believe this show is getting a sixth season.

Zelina in her Wicked Witch get up works for me, green paint and all. Maybe even a tier above Evil Queen Regina.

I can't believe this show is getting a sixth season.
Falling ratings don't trump more money in syndication from another season they could go 7 without most the cast if they wanted from his many other people disappeared from the show

Falling ratings don't trump more money in syndication from another season they could go 7 without most the cast if they wanted from his many other people disappeared from the show

IIRC, it does very well with delayed viewing but of course it's about likely syndication money now but man... The show just keeps getting more and more convoluted with its soapiness with every season or now every half season. I'd probably hate this show at this point if I wasn't very aware of the demo the show was going for from the start.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Watching the episode before last and Snow and Charming finding out their son heard the lullaby was really cute
Selena spilling some truth at how reckless it is of Robin to go gallivanting off to the underworld for someone he barely knows and leaving his only nameless child all alone
Once Upon A Crappy Parent tbh

Watching the episode before last and Snow and Charming finding out their son heard the lullaby was really cute
Selena spilling some truth at how reckless it is of Robin to go gallivanting off to the underworld for someone he barely knows and leaving his only nameless child all alone
Once Upon A Crappy Parent tbh

All the parents in this show are utter bastards, the finale of this season will probably involve Zeus and Odin creating the fairy tale child protective services unit.

which of course will be led by Rumpelstiltskin, leading to a whole series of wacky adventures for the next season.

I wonder with Red Riding Hood coming back if we'll see more granny

They let the out(wardly) non-straight people back to fulfil their weak promise

I assume Ruby dies next ep as that's all she's doing for the rest of the season. Kill her for 'plot' reasons

When Henry had the book at the end... my wife and I imagined an alternative gif in mind.

And when he showed gramps, and gramps said "let's see if we can join them"...

Yes, we are kids at heart and mind.

Belle, did you do any research on the link between sleeping curses and autism in newborns...

A little too heavy handed on the romance side of things for me this episode, everyone is falling into true love within 5 minutes of meeting up. I'm starting to turn around to Hades point of view, all these people are swarming through the Underworld like its Grand Central Station or something. Hades needs to build a giant wall!

Nice to see you woke up Dorothy and got your true love, Wolfie. Too bad Aunt Em's soul is forever lost in the river Styx. Also why was Toto never a candidate for true love's kiss :(

Sober

Slowly catching up. A few eps behind.

I actually liked the Hercules episode for the most part. Kinda wish he had a few more episodes since it is sort of Greek mythology and all that.

Don't mind it basically also told how he met and 'trained' Snow White. I think you can extrapolate enough from that to how she gets to be when she gets run out by Regina and all that. I'm sure it fits in mostly fine into the hilariously weird timeline we have. Yes, the episode's throughline with Snow/Hercules is kind of cheesy but I liked it overall with how it ties into Hercules and Cerberus. Whatever, it's OUAT. I'd totally rewatch this episode down the line.

Also Mary Margaret finding her proverbial balls and becoming Snow White again, I hope that sticks. Kinda didn't like that she and David sorta milled in the background on and off the last few seasons, even with having another baby.

EulaCapra

Friends of Dorothy makes so much more sense now.

Lez be honest, Mulan, Merida, and possibly Elsa are probably just standing by waiting for the Disney all-clear button.

Sober

Here's a really dated and obscure reference, but I was hoping Ruby would've nicknamed Dorothy as "DG". If you didn't need to look that up then LOL you know exactly where that came from.

Dorothy's actually kinda cool. Better than Alice, anyway.
Dorothy is cool, but Alice was a lot of fun. Kinda still mad OUAT Wonderland doesn't have a DVD/BRD release. Would buy that.

Here's a really dated and obscure reference, but I was hoping Ruby would've nicknamed Dorothy as "DG". If you didn't need to look that up then LOL you know exactly where that came from.

Dorothy is cool, but Alice was a lot of fun. Kinda still mad OUAT Wonderland doesn't have a DVD/BRD release. Would buy that.

Wasn't that
the name they used for that Tin Man series with Zooey or was it one where they reveal there'd been multiple Dorothys? Or was that the same one?

EDIT: Yup.

mreddie

STILL?

I also shocked they haven't shoehorned Alice into the main series despite her arc ending happy.

KevinCow

Banned
STILL?

I also shocked they haven't shoehorned Alice into the main series despite her arc ending happy.

Well they shoehorned Will into the main series despite his arc having a happy ending, and then proceeded to do nothing with him, then forgot he existed, and never explain why he was in Storybrooke.

Well they shoehorned Will into the main series despite his arc having a happy ending, and then proceeded to do nothing with him, then forgot he existed, and never explain why he was in Storybrooke.

Unless they somehow have a plan for Mulan I seriously don't get the point of establishing her as lesbian, abandoning that plot for a few reasons nearly forever.
bring her back way later for an episode about training Merida, forget her again then bring her back again which seems like another 1-off, to stand around doing nothing while the writers suddenly turn two other female characters lesbian so they can have a happy ending.

Seriously if they can't integrate Mulan to main cast just let her hook up with Dorothy and be done with it?

zeemumu

Unless they somehow have a plan for Mulan I seriously don't get the point of establishing her as lesbian, abandoning that plot for a few reasons nearly forever.
bring her back way later for an episode about training Merida, forget her again then bring her back again which seems like another 1-off, to stand around doing nothing while the writers suddenly turn two other female characters lesbian so they can have a happy ending.

Seriously if they can't integrate Mulan to main cast just let her hook up with Dorothy and be done with it?

I think she's bi. Didn't she have feelings for Phillip at some point too?

zeemumu

You might be right, been what since S2?

Yeah. I try to forget as much of season 2 as I can.

I haven't been as invested in the one-off stuff as I was in season 1, probably because most of the problems solve themselves and make the character personalities seem superfluous

zeemumu

Hades isn't Death. He just runs the underworld. Thanatos is Death

Damn it Rumple!
it's kinda cool to have Pan back.

Kevin

I found the Arther/Camalot story boring and have not watched any further. How is the second half of the season so far?

zeemumu

I found the Arther/Camalot story boring and have not watched any further. How is the second half of the season so far?

Slightly better, but only by a little. The second half feels like a "cleaning up loose ends" season.

"Do we need this character?"

"Nope."

"Are they already dead?"

"Yep."

"Are they neutral or evil?"

"Yep."

"Into the river you go!"

"Do we need this character?"

"Nope."

"Are they already dead?"

"Nope."

"Do they deserve to die?"

"Nope."

"Off to another realm you go!"

The Mulan thing was just badly written. We get the reveal that she is in love with Aurora and then she disappears for about a whole season. The writers kept promising she would return and that her and Aurora's story-line would be continued but then we simply get random appearances of Aurora all happy with her baby when not turned into flying-monkeys. Mulan appears, and you think 'oh she might hook up with Ruby or Merida' but nope! Hell Mulan goes off to join with Robin Hood who then basically appears all the time in season 3 and she doesn't even get a mention if I remember correctly.

Poor Mulan, catching the L's forever.

crying-mulan-01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom