• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Once Upon A Time S5 |OT| The Brave and the Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinCow

Banned
I mean it would've made perfect sense, story-wise, to destroy the Dark One curse at this point, after having half an entire season about that. That would've been a step towards everyone having a happy ending at the end of the show, whenever that may be.

But now, there are two options:

1) The Dark One curse is still around at the end of the show, meaning somebody doesn't get a happy ending, which is kinda counter to what the entire show is about, or

2) They revisit the "destroy the Dark One curse" plot, which would feel like a rehash of this season.

And I don't like how they just kinda dropped the King Arthur subplot. What happened to Arthur and the Camelot folks? What happened to Lancelot? I don't think we ever even saw Lancelot in Storybrooke, did we?

Also I really wonder how they're going to explain why Emma brings back Hook and not Neil.

Man, I'm just not really happy with this show at all right now. Which is a shame because most of this half-season was really promising. It's just the way they decided to wrap it up that kinda sucked.

KevinCow

Banned
What happened to Merlin's prophecy that they needed to talk to Nimue?

Oh yeah, that's a good one. And what was with Merlin visiting young Emma and telling her not to pull the sword from the stone? I feel like everything turned out pretty alright, except for the whole Hook being dead thing, but that's arguably a better outcome than Hook being a Dark One forever.

Rodin

Also I really wonder how they're going to explain why Emma brings back Hook and not Neil.
Valid point, but iirc the actor didn't want to be a part of the show anymore so i think they just chose to "forget" about Neal. Noticed how they conveniently forgot about Zoso in these last two episodes? Yeah.

Man, I'm just not really happy with this show at all right now. Which is a shame because most of this half-season was really promising. It's just the way they decided to wrap it up that kinda sucked.
They obviously didn't know how to wrap it up and created a giant mess. Which is a shame, really.

Is 5B really just going to be Emma and the others hunting for Hook? Might need to finally stop watching if that is true.
I just watched the promo of the 5x12, which doesn't look too hot, but we know that they will (spoiler of course)
add Hades, Hercules and Megara to the season (5x13). Hades and Meg are perfect (the actress playing Meg is really hot), but the guy they chose for Hercules looks like a kid so i'm not sure what they were thinking.

Valid point, but i think they chose to forget about Neal because iirc the actor didn't want to be a part of the show anymore.

They obviously didn't know how to wrap it up and created a giant mess. Which is a shame, really.

I just watched the promo of the 5x12, which doesn't look too hot, but we know that they will (spoiler of course)
add Hades, Hercules and Megara to the season (5x13). Hades and Meg are perfect (the actress playing Meg is really hot), but the guy they chose for Hercules looks like a kid so i'm not sure what they were thinking.
"The quest to find Hook begins." Fuck. Also poor Henry being dragged around to go find the man who only backed out from killing him at the last minute.

They're doing Hercules now? I swear they toss a bunch of Disney characters names into a hat and just pluck them out to determine a plotline. Just looked it up and I agree, Hercules looks terrible but I'm guessing they're going with young, still in training Hercules like in the movie when he was pretty slim as a teen.

sangreal

"The quest to find Hook begins." Fuck. Also poor Henry being dragged around to go find the man who only backed out from killing him at the last minute.

They're doing Hercules now? I swear they toss a bunch of Disney characters names into a hat and just pluck them out to determine a plotline. Just looked it up and I agree, Hercules looks terrible but I'm guessing they're going with young, still in training Hercules like in the movie when he was pretty slim as a teen.

Ryan Gosling is the only true young Hercules

but whatever, I'm in for more Pan

I just can't believe they seriously made the underworld Storybrooke with a filter. The show has become creatively bankrupt

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
We will see the Camelot characters and Merida in season 5B so maybe some of the loose plots like Nimue will carry over as well

ShyGuy

I lol'd when the Dwarves showed up just to get "marked".

I lol'd even harder when the time came for Emma to stab Hook, and where were the Dwarves?

Seriously, this show doesn't give a shit anymore. Why bother writing that scene early in the season with the Dwarves complaining, then they appear randomly throughout the season. Then, in the finale they get "marked", and that's the LAST we see of them.

Hahah, this show.

aasoncott

I don't really know a whole lot about the show, but I stumbled into them filming a few days ago. Looked like the entire cast was there. And that's kind of cool. Randomly stumbling into TV and movie sets is one of my greatest joys.

zeemumu

I don't really know a whole lot about the show, but I stumbled into them filming a few days ago. Looked like the entire cast was there. And that's kind of cool. Randomly stumbling into TV and movie sets is one of my greatest joys.

Did that with Cat in the Hat. Shit was weeeeeird

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

I lol'd even harder when the time came for Emma to stab Hook, and where were the Dwarves?

Seriously, this show doesn't give a shit anymore. Why bother writing that scene early in the season with the Dwarves complaining, then they appear randomly throughout the season. Then, in the finale they get "marked", and that's the LAST we see of them.

Hahah, this show.

I am imaging this being the writers trolling the actor, poor thing probably thought he was getting more screen time when he read that line

sangreal

Hahah, this show.

I mean... did you really miss them though?

What did I just watch? I'm still gagging over the "twist".

This episode ruined the entire season, lol. It wasn't great, but the episodes up until now haven't been so bad.

zeemumu

Gotta go to the Underworld to get Hook back but I'll be damned if we're gonna bring Neil back from the dead. Screw that guy.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
According to the writers the underworld is going to be a place in between heaven and hell for those who have unfinished business so I'm guessing it's their way of not having to deal with Emma looking for Neal

Zalasta

Pretty sad that the only way to make Rumple relevant again is by turning him back into the Dark One. Why would he even make a deal with Emma to keep his secret when the very next scene is her telling it to everyone else? This show really has written itself into a corner with its plots and characters.

sangreal

Pretty sad that the only way to make Rumple relevant again is by turning him back into the Dark One. Why would he even make a deal with Emma to keep his secret when the very next scene is her telling it to everyone else? This show really has written itself into a corner with its plots and characters.

I found that hilarious. She told everyone in the town except Belle

I dunno I never really liked Neal and Emma as a couple so I don't mind the fact that she's not going back for him. But yeah I lol'd at the fact that she told everyone except belle.

Also don't really like the dwarves (their dialogue can be cringe worthy at times) so I don't mind that they have kind of been forgotten about. But it does seem silly for the writers to act as if they're going to play a bigger role but then they kinda just go off screen for awhile.

zeemumu

I don't really appreciate the walking back of this arc for, what is this, the 4th time? But I guess Zelena is more consistent with hers since she never actually walks back everything and has had several chances to redeem herself at this point and has failed every single one

I don't really appreciate the walking back of this arc for, what is this, the 4th time? But I guess Zelena is more consistent with hers since she never actually walks back everything and has had several chances to redeem herself at this point and has failed every single one

I really thought having a child would possibly change her, but I guess not. She sounds super petty everytime she speaks.

zeemumu

I really thought having a child would possibly change her, but I guess not. She sounds super petty everytime she speaks.

She is. She's still on her revenge kick to take everything from Regina. I think most people would have gotten over the jealousy after Cora murdered Regina's boyfriend and made her life hell for years and realizing that they may have dodged a bullet but nope! When Regina's life is ashes, she has Zelena's permission to die.

mm04

Yeah I'm done with this show. I'll check this thread so I can find out when Regina goes heel again. Or when Merida makes out with Mulan.

I wonder how Belle
being pregnant with the Little dark one will play, the setup was extremely obvious for me knowing that Emilie De Ravin is pregnant.

(mostly speculation on my part but spoilered it just in case).

zeemumu

I wonder how Belle
being pregnant with the Little dark one will play, the setup was extremely obvious for me knowing that Emilie De Ravin is pregnant.

Hey, they're gonna be in the underworld for an indefinite amount of time. Who says Belle needs to show up at all?

sparkzero

I wonder how Belle

Can't wait for
another useless baby on the show. I' sure Baby Neal, Baby Hood and the new Baby Belle will grow up as the next generation of villains, because their parents never took care of them.

Sober

I just wanted to bump this to remind anyone who cares (read: nobody) that OUAT Wonderland still hasn't gotten a home video release.

What a goddamn crime.

zeemumu

Apologies for the double post.

I'll just leave this here.
once-upon-a-time.jpg

My first impression is that he looks silly as f**k but I'll reserve full judgement until I see the actor in action. Looks like they're going for James Woods.

Random bump I know but I just found out that the 5B premiere is also the 100th episode of the show. That does not seem like a good combination for a 100th episode celebration since they would need to be planting the seeds for the rest of this season.

I do not have hopes at all for the upcoming season. I really hate Hook and find it boggling why after he attempted to kill Emma's family everyone would so gladly jump to the underworld for him. And dear God at that photo of Hades. I'm still dreading how they do Hercules as a whole.

ascii42

Picked up for season 6!
I don't know what other realm/story they can visit next.

Aaaaand Once is back this sunday with episode 100.

They have done Pixar yet, right? Not sure how any of those would work though. Really, it's got to be somewhere where Rumple will need to seek redemption, get it, and then throw it away. Oh, and amnesia. Maybe they'll have to find Dory.

KevinCow

Banned
They have done Pixar yet, right? Not sure how any of those would work though. Really, it's got to be somewhere where Rumple will need to seek redemption, get it, and then throw it away. Oh, and amnesia. Maybe they'll have to find Dory.

Well they did Brave, which was Pixar.

They kinda did this in the spinoff. Jafar was one of the big bads and the genie was a love interest with Alice.
Christ, this is why I didn't watch that spin-off. I feel like the weird pairings of two random characters even on OUAT always seem to not work out in the long-run.

zeemumu

Really, it's got to be somewhere where Rumple will need to seek redemption, get it, and then throw it away.

I'm starting to hate this. The only time he's followed through was when he died. Every other time they show that he already had a plan in place to walk it back.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Why won't they let this bad writing die like the minorities do on this show!

because people still enjoy it?

Oh here is a hint for S6

Question: Do you have any Once Upon a Time spoilers? —Jackie
Ausiello: I have not just “any” spoilers, but a bit of a sneak peek at Season 6! For the final two episodes of the about-to-premiere Season 5B, the ABC series is looking to cast the recurring roles of two brothers — one who is physically imposing, brutish, morally corrupt and willing to destroy his family in the pursuit of power, and the other who is weaker and desperate to escape his older bro’s sinister shadow. Should Once get picked up for the fall, these two newcomers would spill over into next season, as well. Cain and Abel? An anthropomorphized Scar and Mufasa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom