• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Once Upon A Time S5 |OT| The Brave and the Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

Shit I already forgot, who are they going into hell to rescue again?

And I only caught glimpses of the previews for this second half but Hell is
palette-swapped Storybrooke
?

Can't wait for the 100th episode of this show to focus primarily on saving Hook and his screentime-stealing ass.

I'm rusty on exactly the knowledge of the underworld but
will the show give us an explanation as to why Emma will go to the underworld to rescue Hook but not y'know, try to maybe rescue Neal or the million other heroic characters who died?

Yeah, that's the only way The Lion King makes sense for this. I could see that working.
Nothing new with OUAT making the villains the good guys. It was fine with Regina but eye-rolling when it was fucking Captain Hook.

zeemumu

It's always Miller time in Cora's special hell.

They spent a lot of time setting up a lot of plot points. I hope they can deliver on a conclusion that doesn't half ass all of them. I also hope
that Cruella cameo wasn't a one time thing. I want her to be showing up like
tumblr_mmwxti5ysU1qk2qd0o1_500.gif

Hades was good until the hair. I get that the hair is a staple of Hades now but it doesn't fit the rest of his character design. Sticks out too much.

All that said I'm glad to see some of the big bads again.

they really should have gotten James Woods

That would have been really awesome if they could have.

Can't wait for the 100th episode of this show to focus primarily on saving Hook and his screentime-stealing ass.

will the show give us an explanation as to why Emma will go to the underworld to rescue Hook but not y'know, try to maybe rescue Neal or the million other heroic characters who died?

Hook was supposed to be her breaking point. She's fed up with spending so much of her time feeling abandoned and then finding someone who cares about her only to have them die on her and she's determined to break the cycle now. Hook would be the third strike after the huntsman and Neal. Also Hook ending up there is partially her fault because she made him a dark one in the first place, so she's got some partial responsibility on that front.

I really want to like this, but damn it's getting harder.

they are going out their way to make sure people don't like this show

Nothing new with OUAT making the villains the good guys. It was fine with Regina but eye-rolling when it was fucking Captain Hook.

b/c they got to make hardcore stalking seem redeemable STILL from all of the shit he's done since the start

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
oh fuck off henry ffs
go to college or something you have no purpose
and what irresponsible parents bring their child along to hell
shame on them all

peter pan is still a slimy shit too

It's amazing how great this show can be when it's just focused on Regina and how piss-poor it is when focusing on anything else. This show has no idea what it's doing.

As of right now, Lana Parrilla is carrying this show.

zeemumu

I loved how (Old) Henry decided that poor Guard's life was worthless.

I'd like to know how he got Nameless Guard #5's heart in the first place. I guess Regina could have torn out the hearts of all of her guards and kept them in boxes and he just stole one and switched it.

I'd like to know how he got Nameless Guard #5's heart in the first place. I guess Regina could have torn out the hearts of all of her guards and kept them in boxes and he just stole one and switched it.

None of it makes sense at this point. Why didn't Cora command Snow White to follow them to the castle so Regina could witness her death before Henry switched them out?

It's all ways to satisfy the loopy-doopy plot.

sangreal

None of it makes sense at this point. Why didn't Cora command Snow White to follow them to the castle so Regina could witness her death before Henry switched them out?

The best was when Regina found Snow White -- in the village where she was searching for Snow White -- and then let her go

zeemumu

I guess this is before they did that spell where Regina can't physically kill Snow that they forgot about when they had that swordfight.

The best was when Regina found Snow White -- in the village where she was searching for Snow White -- and then let her go

"You're surrounded," Snow White says, knowing full well that Regina poops magic.

Regina and her body guards retreated in the face of Snow White and her 7 miners.

I guess this is before they did that spell where Regina can't physically kill Snow that they forgot about when they had that swordfight.

I'm sure the writers knew all about this little caveat ;)

zeemumu

I'm sure the writers knew all about this little caveat ;)

They forget about it whenever Regina threatens her life, namely in the modern day when she and Snow were under the effects of that mirror curse and when Snow was depressed about killing Cora and wanted Regina to mercy-kill her.

I'm assuming the reason for not leading her back to the castle was because seeing her die surrounded by her loved ones would be sweeter revenge.

Regina's character arc is a little hard to follow between the flashbacks. Her initial motivation was over Snow White getting her boyfriend killed, and she does all of this horrible shit trying to find her, but there was the point where they made it clear that her desire for revenge had died down enough that they could actually get along and be friends, but she's done so much horrible shit that she didn't believe that she could go back so she kept doubling down and going after the revenge on Snow that she didn't really care about anymore. It's hard to pinpoint where that initial rage started to dissolve when you can't put the minor one-off events in the enchanted forest in order.

Koomaster

Yeah I don't understand Cora letting that heart out of her grasp for even a second. It's like; 'Hey person who completely disagrees with me about this, how about you hold on to this heart for a few hours. Maybe giftwrap it for me while you're at it? kthnxbye!'

Also yeah completely coldblooded that he switched it for some nameless guard's heart. So killing Snow is over the line but apparently Regina is free to kill as many other people as she likes. Makes sense.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Yeah it was stupid
I feel like the writers have trapped themselves with this dual story thing.
They keep thinking up new things and trying to squeeze them into an already packed, and more importantly coherent, timeline
At this point we know just about everything when it comes to the main characters and their interactions, I don't think the show would lose any quality if they decided to focus solely on what is happening in the present and drop the magic forest stuff unless its really relevant or a new character is introduced

sparkzero

They forget about it whenever Regina threatens her life, namely in the modern day when she and Snow were under the effects of that mirror curse and when Snow was depressed about killing Cora and wanted Regina to mercy-kill her.

The spell was that Regina couldn't harm Snow in the Enchanted Forrest, but in every other realm. That's why Regina cast the curse to create Storybrooke.

Also, Barbara Hershey drags this series down with her phoned-in performances. Her "reaction" to being made a farmer's daughter was so fucking laughable. Feigned sadness. It doesn't help that her face doesn't fucking move.

Hades hair is stupid. This show is testing my patience.

zeemumu

The spell was that Regina couldn't harm Snow in the Enchanted Forrest, but in every other realm. That's why Regina cast the curse to create Storybrooke.

But she had no intention of killing her in Storybrooke. That town was made to put everyone in their own personal hell.

DiracSea

Banned
This show has become so bad :/

Did the creators ever mention if they have a grand plan for this series or is it just "a whole new story per season"?

I remember when I started watching this and thought about the enormous potential it had. But since season 3, they just keep introducing new Disney characters, telling their stories, and going forth with the next one. No bigger picture involved. :(

That's pretty much all there is no, there's no over arcing story or anything. They're making shit up

And LOL
Hercules... Who just happened to be be a childhood friend of Snow
, WTF?

zeemumu

They got a bit too ambitious with it. They probably should've waited longer to introduce magic into the present day story and shouldn't keep introducing more characters than they can handle for the sake of having a Disney cameo. Finish your characters' arcs before you start new ones with new characters. Otherwise you're left with characters floating in the abyss like Ruby and Mulan.

This show has been awful since like season 2. That's part of the charm, like True Blood. I'm actually okay with it not giving a shit about anything anymore, lol.

Anyway, Hades was great, only thing I enjoyed much this episode. The hair effect needs to go though.

I like how Henry looked pissed off meeting his grandpa. I thought he was going to do something. Nope, just poor acting again.

zeemumu

Hi Hercules.

Bye Hercules.

I understand that one-off characters are nothing new but damn did that feel thrown in. The ending has the potential to be interesting though if they don't back down from those stakes.

Matt_

Cannot believe they got such a chump to play herc

Herc had such a mismatch of face and body. It was really off-putting.

Overall, another boring episode with more plot convenience. How did it take 5 seasons to learn that it was Hercules who trained Snow White? Oh yeah, when the writers needed to work him and Cerberus into the plot somehow.

zeemumu

It's getting too cameo-driven for sure. They should focus on the story that they're telling instead of how many characters they can crossover with in a single season.

This show gets too damn confusing with the characters. I get that they like reminding people that this is a movie where Disney characters come to live-action but it is just needless one-off appearances.

zeemumu

Milah was kinda shitty. I mean Rumple was a piece of shit too but damn.

"So, you've been with my former lover, and my son?"

"...huh...

tumblr_o4d5akpr1G1sjcg5bo5_r1_250.gif

Did Emma really only fucking realize then that
she's banged Milah's ex and son?

At this point this show is gonna fuck up with the writing and have incest happen.

zeemumu

tumblr_o4d5akpr1G1sjcg5bo5_r1_250.gif

Did Emma really only fucking realize then that
she's banged Milah's ex and son?

At this point this show is fuck up with the writing and have incest happen.

Technically it's not incest. Neither
Baelfire or Hook are related to Emma. It's just creepy.

I laughed my ass off at that part, though. This show gets points for calling itself out.

Technically it's not incest. Neither
Baelfire or Hook are related to Emma. It's just creepy.

I laughed my ass off at that part, though. This show gets points for calling itself out.
I meant it in a way that sooner or later the show will fuck up and have something like that happen. I messed up with the grammar sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom