• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Once Upon a Time Season 2 |OT| Only True in Fairy Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.

aett

EDIT:
Taser taking down the dragon guy was really, really dumb. Why didn't they just use a gun?

I wondered about that, too. I thought
the reason they introduced the taser as Tamara's weapon-of-choice was so that she would use it on August later and it would be mostly ineffective, because wood isn't a good conductor of electricity. But no - this damn taser up and killed a magical dragon guy and a man made of animated wood?

Kaladin

I wondered about that, too. I thought
the reason they introduced the taser as Tamara's weapon-of-choice was so that she would use it on August later and it would be mostly ineffective, because wood isn't a good conductor of electricity. But no - this damn taser up and killed a magical dragon guy and a man made of animated wood?

They probably won't have any "real" violence with guns on this show. I'm trying to think if there has been any yet.

Tuck

They probably won't have any "real" violence with guns on this show. I'm trying to think if there has been any yet.

David has carried around a gun a lot, and has made moves to use it. But I'm not sure if he ever has. No reason why guns shouldn't be allowed.

Kevin

I recently finished season one and was wondering how season two compares, writing quality wise. Does it hold up?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I recently finished season one and was wondering how season two compares, writing quality wise. Does it hold up?

A bit more up and down. There are some quite good episodes, particularly recently, but there's also a lot of bad ones strewn throughout. And they can be REALLY bad

Starts out pretty good but then it takes a pretty big dip in the middle of the season. The last 6 episodes or so have been great though.

ShyGuy

I'm just curious why hardly anyone here on GAF cares about this show anymore!

There are so many worse shows on TV...

aett

The show has its share of good moments but they're padded by tons of filler and incredibly cheesy material. When I saw the preview for next week's episode and how it's ANOTHER god damned Snow White versus Regina episode, I groaned. I think every single moment of those characters' lives will have been on screen after next week.

The show has its share of good moments but they're padded by tons of filler and incredibly cheesy material. When I saw the preview for next week's episode and how it's ANOTHER god damned Snow White versus Regina episode, I groaned. I think every single moment of those characters' lives will have been on screen after next week.

I think I stopped being as interested in this show when I realized 3/4 of the episodes are about Snow/Charming/Regina/Rumple. I understand they're the "main" characters but they have a whole universe of fairy tales to cover and quite frankly the lesser characters are more interesting at this point. They've dipped in the main well so often I doubt they have any stories left.

Niraj

They should just make a sitcom spinoff where Rumple, the Mad Hatter, Hook, wooden August, and a normal guy from the real world share an apartment and unsuccessfully try to pick up a mixture of fairytale and real world chicks. Hilarity ensues.

you know you'd watch it

I'm just curious why hardly anyone here on GAF cares about this show anymore!

There are so many worse shows on TV...

I just absolutely hate it now, but I still watch for some reason.
I know alot of people that stopped watching because nothing good ever happens anymore.

They're really setting up the finale to be interesting, but seriously, how many more Regina/Snow White flashbacks can they wring out of the two of them? I'm pretty sure their whole history is told now. Let's see some other characters!

They're really setting up the finale to be interesting, but seriously, how many more Regina/Snow White flashbacks can they wring out of the two of them? I'm pretty sure their whole history is told now. Let's see some other characters!
I hope they shake up the "flashbacks" format for next season. I'm sure some of them will get to the Enchanted Forest (again) or Neverland or something. So we could have present Storybrooke/Present Magic Land...

Or maybe travel back to the past, do whatever they want. The Storybrooke flashback is one of my favorite episodes of the show.

Kevin

Spoilers strongly suggest that season 3
will replace Storybrooke with Neverland and still feature Enchanted Forest scenes. Peter Pan, Lost Boys and Tinker Bell will also be present.
I'm excited. Also looking good for Once Upon a Time in Wonderland moving to series. :)

Niraj

It was ok. The flashback wasn't anything new, and Regina's idiocy is eyerollingly bad. Why do they have to make her so dumb? Rumple tells her nobody will recognize her and she won't have magic when she transforms. Not only does she claim to be the queen while under disguise, but tries to use magic twice. And her inability to understand why Henry the terrible actor would be upset if she killed everyone? I swear she wasn't this dumb when the show started.

As for Greg and Tamara, it's really hard to buy them as a threat. I think the whole deus ex machina with the wristband stopping magic would have been better if they established the science stopping magic thing earlier, like in the Frankenstein episode maybe.

Also was surprised the CGI for Maleficent wasn't as bad as it tends to be on the show :p

NOOOOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! THEY KILLED BAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(
MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved the episode even if it was slightly predictable. Gold is gonna be pissed off now :(
STUPID TAMARA!!!! AND THAT OTHER GUY TOO!!!! WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR FUCKING FATHER, HE'D PROBABLY BE 90 YEARS OLD OR DEAD BY NOW ANYWAY!!!!! BOO MOTHERFUCKING HOO!!!!!

Also I thought the shadow's design was awful :p

KevinCow

Banned
NOOOOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! THEY KILLED BAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(
MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's no way he's actually dead. At some point, possibly in a flashback, we're going to see where he landed and find that he happened to land near a wizard who healed him or something.

Also apparently magical beings are weak to electricity - "This is how we take care of your kind" - so I guess that explains the tasers.

There's no way he's actually dead. At some point, possibly in a flashback, we're going to see where he landed and find that he happened to land near a wizard who healed him or something.

Also apparently magical beings are weak to electricity - "This is how we take care of your kind" - so I guess that explains the tasers.
I think he's dead dead. They teased they were killing someone on this episode :(

Niraj

I feel like if he was actually dead, there wouldn't be much of a point to the fairytale flashback that shows him meeting Hook. You'd think that would come into play at some point. I kind of wish they had made a point of developing this mysterious group that's apparently worldwide that wants to get rid of magic. That probably could have added more intrigue to this season, or at least make it look like all the Greg+Tamara shit isn't coming out of left field. Decent episode though overall.

Ugh, the actress doing Tamara is so awful. Nothing I hate more in a show/movie than really flat, boring villains portrayed by flat, wooden actors.

Setsuna

so will they wrap up this boy looking for father storyline before the end of this series it seems rather boring and lackluster acted poorly and written terribly

I feel like if he was actually dead, there wouldn't be much of a point to the fairytale flashback that shows him meeting Hook. You'd think that would come into play at some point. I kind of wish they had made a point of developing this mysterious group that's apparently worldwide that wants to get rid of magic. That probably could have added more intrigue to this season, or at least make it look like all the Greg+Tamara shit isn't coming out of left field. Decent episode though overall.

What I want to know is why Bae didn't recognize Hook when he attacked them in New York, if he'd hung out with him before. Or did he and I'm just misremembering?

so will they wrap up this boy looking for father storyline before the end of this series it seems rather boring and lackluster acted poorly and written terribly

All signs point to them ending this particular storyline in the finale, although I'm fairly certain the "Home Office" will come into play in future seasons (if we get them).

KevinCow

Banned

They didn't wrap it up in this last episode when he dug up his father's skeleton?

What I want to know is why Bae didn't recognize Hook when he attacked them in New York, if he'd hung out with him before. Or did he and I'm just misremembering?

He did. It went something like,

"Oh shit that's Hook, he's like really bad and stuff!"

"You know him?"

"This wasn't the first place I landed when I left the Enchanted Forest."

3phemeral

This show has gotten so bad. I'm so tired of these constantly unexplainable plot devices. A bracelet that inexplicably suppresses magic but can inexplicably be removed as easily as it's put on. This failsafe diamond that destroys the curse that Regina magically had available when necessary, even though in season 1 she wanted the curse to end and had to grovel to Mr. Gold for a solution. The mystery organization that knows exactly what magical properties are unleashed for whatever item they're sent. Tamara not shooting Bae even though they've established all season she's never cared for him one bit but suddenly now she has some humanity? Also, the fact that she knows that magic beans are suddenly activated when you toss them on the floor. Bae never mentioning that the portal will conveniently take you where you want to go so long as you have the sentiment in you. I mean, sure, he was injured, but he couldn't mention that he knows what he's doing in some capacity?

I'll probably watch the season finale just because I'm completionist, but now that Game of Thrones is back on, I can't muster myself enough effort to waste any future hours on this show since it's been downhill since season 2's start.

I was kind of disappointed by the finale :(

It just felt sort of "meh" to me... Still can't wait for the next season... Neverland: HERE WE GO!!!!

Though I have to admitt I'm intrigued about this whole "Peter Pan is looking for Henry" thing... Actually... Who is (the boss) looking for him? Peter Pan's shadow? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!???

KevinCow

Banned
Lol at Peter Pan presumably being the big bad next season.

Also:

Told you so, told you so.

Niraj

My favorite part was prince charming punching hook in the face.

Hopefully the ending implies we'll get less Henry next season.
yeah right :(
I know dude is just a kid, but he's a horrible actor. I do like the setup with the characters on the boat, as I quite like hook and rumple. There'll be some fun interactions there.

What was the deal with Mulan having that mask covering her face? Could they not get the right actress on and just picked a random asian, cut her lines, and covered her up? Thought that was a bit weird. Not as interested in that half of the story. Also, I hope we get less storybrooke. The less they jump between twenty different stories the better.

My favorite part was prince charming punching hook in the face.

Hopefully the ending implies we'll get less Henry next season.
yeah right :(
I know dude is just a kid, but he's a horrible actor. I do like the setup with the characters on the boat, as I quite like hook and rumple. There'll be some fun interactions there.

What was the deal with Mulan having that mask covering her face? Could they not get the right actress on and just picked a random asian, cut her lines, and covered her up? Thought that was a bit weird. Not as interested in that half of the story. Also, I hope we get less storybrooke. The less they jump between twenty different stories the better.
Well she did wear that mask thing for an episode or two when she first showed up.
I figured the same thing though.

Mulan was my biggest disappointment of the season.

Niraj

Well she did wear that mask thing for an episode or two when she first showed up.
I figured the same thing though.

Mulan was my biggest disappointment of the season.

Ah I hadn't even remembered. Still though. I agree with you, though I think I kind of preferred that part of the season over the latter half. Seems like so long ago though, so it's possible I'm just forgetting if it was terrible.

I'm all for jumping between Storybrooke/Neverland/Enchanted Forest as long as it spare us some of the boring flashbacks we've had recently

KevinCow

Banned
Are we even gonna see Storybrooke much next season? I mean all the main characters left on the ship. The only regulars still in Storybrooke are Red, whose actress is on another show now (hell, she wasn't even in the finale), and Belle, who's not so much a character as a plot device for Rumple.

I really hope we don't have to deal with so much flippity floppity good or evil stuff with Rumple and Regina next season now that we have several bigger bads.

Oh, and was that Phillip with Mulan and Aurora? When did they bring him back? I don't even remember.

Tuck

A lot of this show seems pretty... arbitrary, as others have mentioned. Plot devices just show up.

The acting has been a bit wonky. The confrontation between kid Bae (Who was generally a decent actor so far) and Hook was pretty poor.

Since when was Emma able to use magic? And the fact that they both teamed up to stop the destruction was random as fuck.

Peter Pan as the villain should be cool though.

The finale was the culmination of a season that had no idea what it's doing and just sort of meandering. The Belle-saving potion out of nowhere, the "we don't know where Tamara and Greg are" "I do" Oh hey they're at the exact same place they were LAST EPISODE. The sudden reappearance of Aurora and Mulan after dropping them for the entire second half of the season.

But much like Lost, with the whole Neverland and Peter Pan plot it seems like they're actually trying to go somewhere and have an idea, so I'll be back next season and hope they get their act together. Moving the main cast to Neverland was a good idea, I think we've gotten all the mileage out of Storybrooke we can for now.

Oh, and was that Phillip with Mulan and Aurora? When did they bring him back? I don't even remember.

When we last saw Mulan and Aurora, Mulan said something about Cora telling her a way to bring Phillip back or save him from the wraith or he wasn't really dead or something or other and that's what they set off to do. Unfortunately we never actually saw them do it in favor of lots of Snow White/Regina/Rumplestiltskin flashbacks. Maybe it'll be a flashback next season.

I'm calling it now. Next season Henry will become "the dark one" to fight Peter Pan in the finale. In doing so, he fufills the profecy of being Rumples downfall or whatever.

I really dislike Henry.

I'm also calling that Emma will make a peanut butter joke about Peter Pan.

Yeeeeeeeea.

With the mermaid hint in the final im hoping for Ariel next season.
hope the mermaids are the crazy killer kind like they were in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Kard8p3

So does anyone know what the deal is with once upon a time in wonderland? Wonder why they're already doing a spin-off?

Season 3 has started and it's off to a good start. Should we continue in this thread and rename it or is anyone else willing to create a separate thread?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Rename it probably or I can cook one up real quick if no one else wants to

The season started great especially since
they got rid of those 2 at the beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom