• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One man's trash is another man's Oreo: $500k to go to creator of their next flavor

DOWN

Banned
Don't get me wrong: original flavor Double Stuf Oreo is the GOAT. I can even do Mint or peanut butter. Hell, the fudge covered ones are incredible. But the ones that basically involve concentrated jelly bean flavoring and colors being poured into the cream are dumb and gross.

In the wake of disgust that is yet another freakishly artificially flavored cookie known as Oreo Firework, Oreo wants to top the new pop rocks stuffed Oreo and will pay you big for helping them do so.

C_USlfUVwAAFzh2.jpg

Never forget that they gave an opaque, solid cookie the flavor of Watermelon and thought that was ok. Who are these savages who think flavoring clear lollipops with artificial chocolate are ok too? Like the consistency and such don't match? I don't want chocolate in a clear hard candy or a watermelon on a crumbling dry cookie
o-WATERMELON-OREO-facebook.jpg

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2017/05/09/new-oreo-flavor/313895001/
But officials at the subsidiary of Mondelez International (MDLZ) also are taking a page from Lay's succession of Do Us a Flavor contests for limited-edition potato chips, announcing a $500,000 prize for its next Oreo flavor. The Oreo contest runs through July 14.

They'll be taking submissions through Twitter and Instagram using #MyOreoCreation and #Contest hashtags.

Some people couldn't wait to get started

Lunar15

I don't mind Oreo doing wacky flavors, but I'm always curious as to what the breaking point is. Asphalt Oreo?

DOWN

Banned
Nacho cheese should have happened already.
Wouldn't that be a cracker? No way would they get away with that flavor being called a cookie without making us all barf and call foul just from the cognitive dissonance, regardless of the final consistency

DonShula

Wouldn't that be a cracker? No way would they get away with that flavor being called a cookie without making us all barf and call foul just from the cognitive dissonance, regardless of the final consistency

Nacho cheese sandwiched between two chocolate cookies. I'm looking to watch the world burn.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Why hasn't anyone made a chocolate cheesecake oreo, or sea salt caramel oreo. They practically make themselves. Dark chocolate pairs with caramel and cheesecake. Only other thing that instantly comes to mind is fruit like cherries or strawberries, but those are hard flavors to reproduce authentically.

Watermelon, Birthday cake(both black/white cookies), blueberry pie, and fruit crisp were good

Especially Fruity crisp, that should be a defacto flavor

Some of the specialty Oreos are pretty decent, some aren't my cup of tea. I'm not gonna begrudge a homeboy his shot at Swedish Fish Oreos if that's what his heart desires though.

LOL @ people hating on weird Oreo flavors. It's like the pumpkin spice latte thing - this huge backlash subculture sprang up in response to some obsession that, as far as I can tell, doesn't actually exist. You only see folks bitching but never the thing they're bitching about.

Reese's Peanut butter Oreo. I'll take my check now.

You wish is my command:

They're good.

Top Bottom