• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: Burning Blood announced for PS4 and PS Vita

High five brother!!!

image.php

This looked pretty good. I've always wanted a One Piece fighting game.

Reminded me heavily of the Shippuden series, which I can't tell if it's a good or bad thing.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It'd be pretty awesome if you pick a low tier character with no Haki and play against a Logia, you just lose.

It'd be pretty awesome if you pick a low tier character with no Haki and play against a Logia, you just lose.

Even without hakki logia users still have a weakness, like water for Crocodile (sand logia) and rubber for Enel (electricity). It'd be awesome if the weak characters used that to get their attacks to connect.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What, did you all like Unlimited World RED? I totally hated it. Am I crazy?

What, did you all like Unlimited World RED? I totally hated it. Am I crazy?

You're not crazy, you just have your own opinion. The general consensus on GAF is that it's well-liked (not that many people played it but iirc almost everyone from the OT enjoyed it). It's a good game all things considered, but it has its flaws, definitely.

The thing is, if you're just gonna say "it sucks", you could at the very least elaborate and explain why you think it sucks, else you just end up looking like a troll. It's okay not to like things, but you could phrase yourself better, is basically what I'm saying.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You're not crazy, you just have your own opinion. The general consensus on GAF is that it's well-liked (not that many people played it but iirc almost everyone from the OT enjoyed it). It's a good game all things considered, but it has its flaws, definitely.

The thing is, if you're just gonna say "it sucks", you could at the very least elaborate and explain why you think it sucks, else you just end up looking like a troll. It's okay not to like things, but you could phrase yourself better, is basically what I'm saying.

This is gaming-side, there's no good discussion to be had.

I'm kidding. I didn't like actually playing it, that was the issue. It simply wasn't fun - hated the slowness of how it moved the story. Just wasn't for me. I still own it so I could put another hour into it, I suppose.

Samemind

This is gaming-side, there's no good discussion to be had.

I'm kidding. I didn't like actually playing it, that was the issue. It simply wasn't fun - hated the slowness of how it moved the story. Just wasn't for me. I still own it so I could put another hour into it, I suppose.

Same here. It did a worse job at both parts that the most recent story-centric One Piece games excelled at. Combat was slow and shallow, somehow being worse that Unlimited Cruise's (which wasn't one of its strong points to begin with) and completely outclassed by the musou games. Gathering materials is a boring chore. And levels are linear with nothing interesting to go exploring for. The only thing it does well is graphics.

Valnen

I really hope this get localized in a timely fashion, the art is about a million times better than pirate warriors.

I want a one piece action RPG game where you can create your own character, starting a pirate life from scrath and build your own awesome pirate crew.

Yeah, that'd be great, but it'll never happen. I've got so many ideas on One Piece games that would be amazing; with open seas and you traveling between islands, and it makes me sad to know that they'll never happen. Too big budgets for something like this and also, the Japanese gamers pretty much demand tons of playable characters, which complicates things.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Same here. It did a worse job at both parts that the most recent story-centric One Piece games excelled at. Combat was slow and shallow, somehow being worse that Unlimited Cruise's (which wasn't one of its strong points to begin with) and completely outclassed by the musou games. Gathering materials is a boring chore. And levels are linear with nothing interesting to go exploring for. The only thing it does well is graphics.

Not for me...I got the 3DS version! :(

ZoddGutts

This looks like it may be good unlike that J-Stars Victory VS game that they made. Making it one on one alone should make it better combat wise.

Majukun

a fighting game like the db tenkaichi games where you not only fight but can also use the particular characteristics of the fruit to travel around the stage (I don't know, like if you use miss double finger you can stick upside down on ceilings) always has been my dream as a onepiece fan.. if only onepiece was a bit more popular on the west, I think we might have gotten something like that already.. Just look at what they have done with naruto's games... i mean i like the musou games, but since the wide variety of powers in onepiece, it seems a waste to not use it in a proper fighting game

It basically looks like an enhanced version of the J Stars engine, which in itself followed the same pursuit-based combat seen in DBZ Tenkaichi (albeit with more variety).

I honestly wish this was just J Stars 2; I get the faults with the original, but it's very difficult for me to not have fun messing up Naruto's face with Kenshiro's fists.

What! Only DF users in this game??

Don't know if it's devil fruits users only, but they said it would focus on devil fruit users, and everyone announced so far does indeed have devil fruit powers. Maybe it's just a mistranslation but otherwise, they'll probably reserve any non-devil fruit user slots for major characters.

Don't know if it's devil fruits users only, but they said it would focus on devil fruit users, and everyone announced so far does indeed have devil fruit powers. Maybe it's just a mistranslation but otherwise, they'll probably reserve any non-devil fruit user slots for major characters.

Man i hope it is a mistranslation. I really wanna see Cavendish, Jinbei, Mihawk and Reyleigh in the game as well as alot of other non-df users.

Samemind

I don't think it was said anywhere that the game focuses on DF users. I just went back and watched the bit again, the translator says "the game focuses on fighting" and as a separatement statement "the power of modern consoles allows us to show the power of devil fruits like never before"

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Wait, wait.

This is made by the Budokai Tenkaichi people?

tumblr_ma7opdd5cE1ryf7dio1_500.gif

na na sanji....dont be jealous.
Being Number 3 isn't that bad

87614883973700_full.jpg
This was the funniest scene in the series.

New higher quality gif

https://j.gifs.com/KRRpjj.gif[IMG]

Seems like there's some type of tag-team system. Luffy swaps places with Sabo to extend the combo.[/QUOTE]

Either that or they just cut to a different match. There are two cuts in the beginning of the gif, but I can't tell if there is one when Sabo comes in.

Either that or they just cut to a different match. There are two cuts in the beginning of the gif, but I can't tell if there is one when Sabo comes in.

The gif is about half a second faster for some reason, but if you look closely, Luffy sort of jumps up, vanishes, and then Sabo drops down.

disappointed we are not gonna get a pc version after we got pirate warriors 3

It's probably coming eventually. They're probably waiting for the heat to die down around the PW3 port.

Top Bottom