• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
VIZ name of the chapter: "10:00 Start".
When Jimbei is talking about Big Mom's punishment of sacrificing others along with him, he calls the punishment "draconian" in Mangastream, "absurd" in Jaimini's Box, and "unreasonable and dishonorable" in VIZ.
When Aladine is explaining how they're prepared to escape as Jimbei told them, MS is a bit more confusing when he follows that up with "We will do what we can to ensure you can be free", as if he's continuing the previous sentence and implying that they can help Jimbei by doing so. However, in both Jaimini's and VIZ, Aladine follows it up with "But, Jimbei, we want to help you become free!" (as in, saying something more like 'we could run like you're telling us, but that'll just help us and we want to help you.') Jimbei replies with "I know that!" and Aladine counters, "No you don't! I know you're planning to go out in a blaze of glory with them!"
The scanlations weren't totally clear whom Niji was talking to with his line about "not interfering with the adults". VIZ clarifies that he was talking to Yonji: "Give a grown woman her privacy, you dolt."
The pig-themed carriage (which is simply called the "pig-carriage" by MS) is called the "carri-pig" by Jaimini's, while VIZ (similar to the previous cat-carriage of the Vinsmokes) gives it a punny name: "porkswagon".
Official translation stuff for the newly introduced characters:
-This week confirms that the Du Feld spelling VIZ used last week is correct. The official translation uses the exact same titles for him as Jaimini's Box: Loan Shark King, "God of Fortune" Du Feld.
-Title for Stussy is a combo of MS's and Jaimini's: Queen of the Pleasure District.
-Drug Peclo is the Major Undertaker.
-Morgans is pretty much the same. President of the World Economic Journal, "Big News" Morgans.
-Giberson is the Warehouse Kingpin. Both scanlations use "The Concealer" as his moniker, but VIZ uses "The Hider".
-Like Jaimini's, Umit is called the Shipping King. Moniker is "Deep-Sea Currents."
-Like MS, Jigra is called an Organ Dealer.
Perospero incorporates speech tics and puns into his speech in the official translation where it was not included in the scanlations (not sure if it was in the raw or not): he says he'll "prepare-rorin" a shortcut, says they should move "lickety-split", and states that they're the "final guests, perorin!"
As you may have guessed, VIZ does not go with the "Dogtooth" translation that MS chose, but keeps it as "Katakuri" like Jaimini's. "Dogtooth violet" is one meaning of the word, but another (which, given the food theme naming, is the more likely intended meaning here) is "potato starch" (that is apparently actually made with said violets?).
Also, Katakuri states in MS that two of Bege's men would have been shot dead, but in both of the other translations, they were merely shot (not necessarily fatally).

http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=44998&page=17&p=3770082&viewfull=1#post3770082

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Imagine this extreme badass named Potato who fights you with killer jellybeans.

That's One Piece alright.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
One that understand that "nakama" is not some super special flowery untranslatable word with no possible English equivalent like KF tried to convince people it was back in 2002.
KF's description of it was kind of better than the reality. It spawned its own truth.

I miss attack fonts. KF was a quality sub group.

Sharing a 10/10 Cosplay.
Carrot with glasses 👌 👌 👌

16996044_635875353262311_3405732734629102655_n.jpg

KF's description of it was kind of better than the reality. It spawned its own truth.

I miss attack fonts. KF was a quality sub group.

I'm glad that One Piece escaped from KF. They were certainly dedicated, but I still remember when they turned spit into blood during the Bon Clay fight. That was some dumb bullshit.

What a weird thread.youtubers still use it,Reddit, Arlong park,oro

Yeah, I'm going to say that I'm happy being on the opposite end of the spectrum as Youtubers and redditors. Just saying.

I'm glad that One Piece escaped from KF. They were certainly dedicated, but I still remember when they turned spit into blood during the Bon Clay fight. That was some dumb bullshit.

Yeah, I'm going to say that I'm happy being on the opposite end of the spectrum as Youtubers and redditors. Just saying.
My apologies ol mighty one

Guys no fighting, we are all nakama here.
Does this mean you accept carrot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom