• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
ae0BpV5_700b.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
|OT3| The Summit of Kings and the Land of the Samurai

dabig2

You know, I saw GotG 2 the other day and I came to a realization that (note: extremely mild GotG "spoilers" that could probably be ascertained from the 1st movie but ya never know...)
Usopp is like Peter Quill. Shitty father leaves family for "the sea" and kid watches mother die from sickness. We even have both as children lying to themselves and others and coming up with fanciful tales when it comes to their deadbeat dads. Except Usopp is even more tragic cause he never had a Yondu.

Ogodei

Never understood his redemption. 2 Bon Clay, that I understand since he was a real bro, but Bellamy was just an asshole.

He was bad because he hitched his wagon to an evil star. He wanted to be/impress Doflamingo, so he did things that he thought would get him there.

turmoil

Banned
About the fanservice

OT3 We don't like it [proceeds to discuss it for 200 pages]

I also liked Bellamy's progression, hope we see him sooner than later.

Ogodei

I definitely think he got too much emphasis and the part where Doflamingo was controlling him was the most excruciating part of Dressrosa (stalling before the big fight), but the arc was thematically solid.

Out of those with a vivre card, I'd say he's the weakest (maybe above Leo, but he's not exactly a big name pirate yet so is less likely to be targeted). It's not that he's weak, he's just the most vulnerable.

I'm gonna take a stab and say that's unlikely to happen and isn't really something to get bothered about.

I liked it until it didn't go anywhere. I also don't like the idea that he's got Luffy's vivre card. If anyone's looking for a weak link to the Strawhats, Bellamy's there to be trampled on again.

I'm assuming because he stuck by Doffy till the end you consider it not going anywhere? The whole point was he couldn't give up his foolish pride. This was a guy who thought he was the shit, had his entire worldview shattered, and couldn't quite recover. His entire self worth was tied to pleasing Doffy and he was willing to give his life for it. Just because he didn't get a nice, satisfying change of heart or something like that doesn't mean it didn't go anywhere.

You know, I saw GotG 2 the other day and I came to a realization that (note: extremely mild GotG "spoilers" that could probably be ascertained from the 1st movie but ya never know...)
Usopp is like Peter Quill. Shitty father leaves family for "the sea" and kid watches mother die from sickness. We even have both as children lying to themselves and others and coming up with fanciful tales when it comes to their deadbeat dads. Except Usopp is even more tragic cause he never had a Yondu.

(GOTG2 spoiler)
What if Yasopp is secretly malevolent?

Red Fire

At least when doffy told him that he is worthless and insulted him when ge fought luffy he should've had a change of heart

Up until that point ok but that was just ridiculous

At least when doffy told him that he is worthless and insulted him when ge fought luffy he should've had a change of heart

Up until that point ok but that was just ridiculous
Meh I'm glad he didn't get changed in that sense. That would be cliche. He stuck to essentially the only thing he believed in good or not.

Red Fire

Meh I'm glad he didn't get changed in that sense. That would be cliche. He stuck to essentially the only thing he believed in good or not.

I mean yes he believed in doffy cause he was his hero and stuff, but when you have reached the point where your hero laughs at you, makes fun of you and sends you to death without feeling a thing for you while you stand there crying you shouldnt be admiring him any longer. Luffy at that point was way better to him than anyone in his life and he still did what doffy wanted and went against luffy.
That's some bullshit essential there

You can either turn around and start anew or you die like a pig

Dartastic

I know this is the manga thread, but I just watched the newer episode where they meet pudding and you see the intro to Big Mom. Holy shit that was awesome. Made me appreciate her character more. It's so awesome.

LotusHD

Banned
I know this is the manga thread, but I just watched the newer episode where they meet pudding and you see the intro to Big Mom. Holy shit that was awesome. Made me appreciate her character more. It's so awesome.

That didn't stop us from discussing how great it was a couple pages back lol

MANUELF

Banned

Yeah we talked about it, the voice change of Big Mom made the number possible, I cant imagine her old voice singing like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom