• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Ray Down

Banned
I've seen people saying Pudding is secretly lying and is going to just go to the Straw Hats for help.

I see it leading to that, but don't really know about now.

More interesting than what some others are saying.

bjork

Don't get us shut down, chums

Anyway, the savior is obviously going to be
Crocodile, because he's Luffy's mom. Mom v Mom

I could see Pudding pulling a fast one on the Big Mama pirates. What would be interesting though is if she just helps the SHs here and doesn't completely turn over. Just a one time thing while still maintaining how she was before this all went down.

LotusHD

Banned
Well, her going to them won't mean shit unless they get away from Big Mom for a bit. Wonder how that will happen...

Lol, I love how the bomb only helped for a short while. The fact that she could fly meant that they were screwed no matter what lol

This arc continues to impress me.

LotusHD

Banned
Pudding would be really stupid to go after the Strawhats right now when she knows Big Mom just got sent after them.

That too.

---

Why does Zeus get a hat?

Also, I'm glad that the Big Mom Pirates overall haven't been a disappointment. Bunch of cool designs, and while Katakuri is clearly the most prominent, they all have their roles, their strengths, and do a better job of caring for one another as opposed to Doffy's crew. (Other than being utterly terrified of Big Mom) Last thing I wanted was yet another disappointment in that regard, especially for a Yonko's crew.

NSESN

Maybe Chiffon was the bride and Lola and Pudding saved her,

Wait, did I just make a stupid theory? It is contagious.

Not for me Bishop, and Zeus looks like he is baked out of his mind.

That's how he's always looked.

97bb0400ccdd3dfad80cffa7b584e01acb082c25_hq.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I don't see how this will be solved unless the Sanji cake theory happens, or Pudding saves the day, or both.

Pudding is going to fall in love with Sanji and they will actually get married down the line.

Ray Down

Banned
I really just don't get Sanji fans sometimes
Posters bitch about him not getting a fight in 2016 and want him to do something truly big.

Posters say they are fine with Sanji just getting more back story, his kind heart and drama with his family.

But the sec anyone suggests, him being the savior for the arc, showing how his cooking skills, helping to push someone character development to help make an emotional end to an arc who especially has an issue to resolve with Sanji, helping someone with food problems as a chef.

People are like NAH FUCK that, this isn't FT, i want good writing, where Luffy gear 12 to save the day.

Nah let's have the person who is lying to herself and been bullied early on stay evil (pairing bullshit) and be the one that solves everything with food (despite we having a much better chef and the other can help) and hax's powers and her emotional issues not be resolved.

Nah our main characters can't be resolving/ or be part of fixing the final problem in this arc, that's somehow BAD writing, hax's to save the day.

Rant over stupid shit from idiots on internet over.

I don't see how this will be solved unless the Sanji cake theory happens, or Pudding saves the day, or both.

Pudding is going to fall in love with Sanji and they will actually get married down the line.

Both, they both need to meet and have some sort of emotional moment.

I don't have a problem if that does happens.

Edit - I would greatly prefer Sanji cooking his way out of this too. I think it seems rather probable with how much focus they put on cooking in this chapter.

Well, her going to them won't mean shit unless they get away from Big Mom for a bit. Wonder how that will happen...

Lol, I love how the bomb only helped for a short while. The fact that she could fly meant that they were screwed no matter what lol

This arc continues to impress me.

Pudding would be really stupid to go after the Strawhats right now when she knows Big Mom just got sent after them.
I wasn't saying she should go there now. Just what she could end up doing.

Also, I'm glad that the Big Mom Pirates overall haven't been a disappointment. Bunch of cool designs, and while Katakuri is clearly the most prominent, they all have their roles, their strengths, and do a better job of caring for one another as opposed to Doffy's crew. (Other than being utterly terrified of Big Mom) Last thing I wanted was yet another disappointment in that regard, especially for a Yonko's crew.
Yeah, I like that too.

It makes me think of Luffy and how much he needs his crew. Big Mama has a "weakness" and it is up to them to collaborate to make up for that. Not just, "Welp, Big Mama going off. Nothing we can do." or just letting Big Mama do everything after the bomb went off.

Ray Down

Banned
Sorry for the rant, I need to blow some steam, doesn't help work for me today been terrible.

Well we got more OP news on the 21st, wonder what that can be.

LotusHD

Banned
Posters bitch about him not getting a fight in 2016 and want him to do something truly big.

Posters say they are fine with Sanji just getting more back story, his kind heart and drama with his family.

But the sec anyone suggests, him being the savior for the arc, showing how his cooking skills, helping to push someone character development to help make an emotional end to an arc who especially has an issue to resolve with Sanji, helping someone with food problems as a chef.

People are like NAH FUCK that, this isn't FT, i want good writing, where Luffy gear 12 to save the day.

Nah let's have the person who is lying to herself and been bullied early on stay evil (pairing bullshit) and be the one that solves everything with food (despite we having a much better chef and the other can help) and hax's powers and her emotional issues not be resolved.

Nah our main characters can't be resolving/ or be part of fixing the final problem in this arc, that's somehow BAD writing, hax's to save the day.

As for me, like I said, I needed to see it actually play out before I sincerely judge it, and now that it is, I'm admittedly warming up to the theory, especially now that she has revealed herself to be capable of flight. That said, I don't get the FT comparisons at all. This ain't some friendship BS powerup or something along those lines.

---

OP news on my bday? Cool.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Would be funny if Sanji kicked the ugly out of Big Mom.

Ray Down

Banned
I'm fine if someone is against the cake plan, but:

1. Be an adult about it.
2. Don't make hyperbole statements like, OH FT would this this, when unlike FT, there's more proper build up, it's not out of no where.
3. Don't try to say your against it, when it's clearly your bias about you just wanting BM to go down, or your just mad Sanji might have to interact with Pudding or not fight.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

I think there's just a lot of Sanji fans who started the series during Enies Lobby and can't handle him being 3rd or 4th tier in the Strawhats (depending on Jimbei). They expect him to keep up with Luffy and Zoro despite the fact that it doesn't match his character at all (why would the man focused on cooking 24/7 keep up with the man focused on fighting 24/7?). Not to say Sanji is weak; he'll always be one of Luffy's top 3 crewmembers (the Monster Trio) but his focus is never going to be getting a fight every arc like Luffy & Zoro.

Personally I'd rather see Strategist Sanji return than see Fighting Sanji.

I wouldn't say Doffy's crew didn't care for each other. They were just very nihilist or professional about death. Rather, I think their flaw as a crew was that they drank the kool-aid in regards to Doffy. Everyone, Doffy included, believed Doflamingo was predestined to be king, to the point that they didn't think he had any weaknesses. Even captured crewmates like Viola believed this. Which of course led to their demise since they didn't work with Doffy's weaknesses in mind, unlike the Strawhats and Big Mom's crew.

I do wonder if Big Mom will be done in by her lack of care for her crew/children though. It's clearly a weakness that no one accounts for and it would be weird if it didn't hurt her in someway (even Doffy cared somewhat about his crew, even if he was a sociopath about it).

LotusHD

Banned
I wouldn't say Doffy's crew didn't care for each other. They were just very nihilist or professional about death. Rather, I think their flaw as a crew was that they drank the kool-aid in regards to Doffy. Everyone, Doffy included, believed Doflamingo was predestined to be king, to the point that they didn't think he had any weaknesses. Even captured crewmates like Viola believed this. Which of course led to their demise since they didn't work with Doffy's weaknesses in mind, unlike the Strawhats and Big Mom's crew.

I do wonder if Big Mom will be done in by her lack of care for her crew/children though. It's clearly a weakness that no one accounts for and it would be weird if it didn't hurt her in someway (even Doffy cared somewhat about his crew, even if he was a sociopath about it).

I didn't say that, just that the BM Pirates are doing a better job of showing it, as well as being more efficient as well. Also on a smaller note, I really felt that they could've done a better job of showing off how Trebol groomed Doffy.

smurfx

get some go again
so is pudding going to end this by putting a fake memory in big moms head of her eating the wedding cake? luffy would have to give it to her and she could then implant it. maybe she does turn on her family and tries to help the strawhats escape. luffy has to hold down big mom long enough for pudding to put the memory in. i kinda want the cake idea to fail somehow and have to rely on fake memories. maybe pudding even awakens her eye and makes her ability even stronger.

I'm fine if someone is against the cake plan, but:

1. Be an adult about it.
2. Don't make hyperbole statements like, OH FT would this this, when unlike FT, there's more proper build up, it's not out of no where.
3. Don't try to say your against it, when it's clearly your bias about you just wanting BM to go down, or your just mad Sanji might have to interact with Pudding or not fight.
Where do you find these ppl be why are you still there

Ray Down

Banned
Where do you find these ppl be why are you still there

I'm secretly a masochist and like to punish myself just like Sanji.

Nah there cool people on the sites just still tend to be filled with the loud annoying posters more in some then others, except for Tumblr I don't know why I go there.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm secretly a masochist and like to punish myself just like Sanji.

Nah there cool people on the sites just still tend to be filled with the loud annoying posters more in some then others, except for Tumblr I don't know why I go there.

Tsk tsk tsk

Top Bottom