• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Veelk's Law: The longer a discussion in the One Piece thread goes on, the higher the chances of sexism and misogyny being mentioned and consuming said discussion.

caliph95

Robin: According to the graph there will exist a girl with a third magic eye with a conflicted heat that will end the tyranny of the Kingdom

LotusHD

Banned
I said it before, but I like that Robin isn't the only way for Luffy's competition to read the Poneglyphs.

Wonder what Kaido and Blackbeard will do, or if Shanks even cares.

Err, OP women having a vast disparity in terms of getting roughed up like her male counterparts doesn't make them uninteresting though.

Feels like it makes more sense to say there's a likelihood of there being a generation where they'll make female characters who rarely suffer any real harm.

To me, that double standard is immersion breaking, makes the characters feel shallow, and makes the plot predictable.

Look at Rebecca and Pudding: One is supposedly a gladiator who never gets hurt and ends up robbed of her ability to achieve her own revenge because a more interesting male character needed to hammer home the point that pretty girls shouldn't be physical fighters. The other is robbed of her potential as a villain because of the enduring theme that love, not force, is what conquers evil women.

Oda's gender politics have messed with so many of his female characters: Monet, Pudding, Tashigi, and Rebecca in the past few arcs alone. Compare Hancock's role as a shichibukai to the Crocodile, Doflamingo and Moria.

Oh please, you're going to look at the anime/manga market and seriously say Oda is the purveyor of uninteresting, one dimensionally written women?

No, but he's certainly contributing to the problem rather than the solution. He's the author of the most popular manga in the world, future shonen authors are going to follow his lead.

Ray Down

Banned

Katy-Perry-Licks-Her-Lips-In-Egyptian-Music-Video-Dark-Horse.gif

Since the "Monsters" of the Big Mom Pirates were introduced by Vito one thing I couldn't help but notice was how except for Smoothie they lined up with the Vinsmokes.

4 eldest sons, 1 eldest daughter

It seemed weird to have them line up like that.

Sanji has been fighting the third quite a bit. Daifuku even smacked Pudding in front of him. It seems weird if he were to fight him after Wano.

The fourth Oven with his thick arms seems a good match for the muscular Yonji who per his epithet of "Winch" and his attacks so far uses a strength form of combat to lift and push opponents down.

Perospero took get glee in attempting to kill the Vinsmokes and seems annoyed at them breaking his candy creations multiple times. Ichiji with his explosions make a good opponent.

Compote being the only female monster other than Smoothie seems like a good way to give Reiju a chance to show her strength other than her kicking Smoothie.

As for Niji obviously he can't fight Katakuri but I see everyone else teaming up to hold him off. Jin be being near the ocean to soak Katakuri and then Pedro and Niji attempting to shock him as well.

Oda probably isn't going this direction at all but the fact they lineup still feels like something.

Ray Down

Banned
From Den_Den_Mushi on Oro:
Where Zeus's lightning fell, there is a big hole in the ground.

BM comes out of the hole in search of cake and continues pursuing the Straw Hats.

Pudding and Chiffon appear before Luffy's group.

Sanji: Pudding you're ok! Good thing you're not hurt cutie!

Pudding's eyes turn to hearts.

Chiffon: Pudding get ahold of yourself! We don't have time for this!

Evil Pudding: You guys can't be saved! Escaping by ship is pointless! Mama will hunt you to the ends of the ocean and sink you mwahaha!

Luffy: What did she say..!?

Chiffon: No that's not it, what are you saying Pudding?

Good Pudding: No no! What am I saying!?

Chiffon: Mama thinks you guys stole her cake! She'll pursue you to the ends of the sea!

Evil Pudding: That's right so get over here Sanji! Watch Mama slaughter your nakama and taste the hell of this world! Ahaha!

Chiffon: No what are you saying!?

Good Pudding: No! Fade away!

Chiffon: Black Leg Sanji, Pudding says you're good at making sweets.

Sanji: Yeah my cooking is first class in everything.

Chiffon: Ok help us make the cake!

Evil Pud: Hmph! So this was the result. I'm different! This is not for your sakes. I didn't come because I didn't want you guys to die ok Sanji!

Good Pud: -san (heart)

Sanji leaves with Pudding to make the cake, Luffy's group heads for the Sunny

Sanji sees the Sunny from above where Brook and Chopper are fighting. Other than the executives and Katakuri the fodder have been taken out. Reinforcements are coming from the mirror in Nami's room.

Sanji decides to leave the situation to them and focus on the cake.

Sanji: Let's make it! A cake that'll leave Big Mom stunned!

LotusHD

Banned
Well at long least, complete confirmation of that silly theory lol

And I guess she does have a split personality after all!

Euphony

Banned
Hmm I wonder if Big Mom would offer up a pardon to the Straw Hats if she ends up loving the cake and finding out that Sanji baked it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Let's ask the five mermaid sisters about the spoilers.

I'm going to read the spoilers!
Spoilers time!
I'm not going to read the spoilers.
Maybe I'll read the spoilers.
Who cares about the spoilers!

LotusHD

Banned
And so, the year of Sanji is coming around nicely.

Distanced himself from his family once and for all.

And reminded us that he's a damn fine cook.

Oh wait, he didn't fight anybody, nvm, he's trash lol

Ray Down

Banned
And so, the year of Sanji is coming around nicely.

Distanced himself from his family once and for all.

And reminded us that he's a damn fine cook.

Oh wait, he didn't fight anybody, nvm, he's trash lol

And he has a women who acts tsundere for him.

How will the
battle near Sunny
not end quickly? Will
Sanji
really have time to
make a cake?

Katakuri was already able to handle Jinbe, Pedro and Luffy. Now there are other high-ranking guys like Perospero and who knows who else and unlimited soilders through the mirror. How quickly can they bake a cake?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Watching the dub of Fishman island while grinding out some stuff in Sun and Moon. Brook is a treat every time he appears.

Also been reading Water Seven a little each day. So good.

Ray Down

Banned
Watching the dub of Fishman island while grinding out some stuff in Sun and Moon. Brook is a treat every time he appears.

Also been reading Water Seven a little each day. So good.

Both the two piece dvd are out for FI right?

How long is there of a wait between those and the longer one set ones?

LotusHD

Banned
If there's one thing I appreciate about this arc, it's the continued trend of allowing the weaker members to surprise us. From Brook and Nami being the MVPs, to now seeing Sanji apparently trust in Brook and Chopper to handle the rest of the forces, and maybe even Katakuri if they're bold enough.

We've been conditioned for a long time now to assume that they can't handle a lot of shit,
but damn, let's see if they can continue to surprise us.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Both the two piece dvd are out for FI right?

How long is there of a wait between those and the longer one set ones?

Awhile normally. They're usually a bit behind.

They come up on Funimation now the week they are released so I stopped buying the DVDs awhile ago.

Top Bottom