• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Jinbei is kicking Luffy off the Monster Trio.

Whiteboard and his 16 Division Commanders
Blackbeard and his Ten Titantic Captains
Kaido and his Three Calamities
Big Mom and her 4 3 2 Sweet Commanders
Luffy and his Monster Trio

Then it's a monster duo. Sanji is a league behind zoro and jinbei now, Vs pre timeskip where he was about zoros level.

Sanji spending time running from okama was never going to match up to one of the higher tier shihibukai or training with the best swordsman after all.

(Slightly) sorry black leg.

No, I'm the good one, Man God is the evil one.

Who do you believe?

You better shoot us both, it's the one way to be safe!

Don't shoot your future wife!

Or at least both of us.
tenor.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Don't you know who she is? She's Big Mom bitch!

Definitely an interesting direction for Pudding. Combination Tsun and Yan. We shall see.

I'm guessing five chapters of Sai, followed by five of Ideo, Leo, Hajrudin, and then Orlumbus.

Big One

Banned
Hrm I've settled on what I think is going on with Pudding:

- Pudding is a good girl (deep down) that has had a rough life.
- As a child she idolized Lola's free spirit and longs to be like her.
- As a child she was bullied because of her third eye, forcing her to resort to violent behavior.
- Like most Big Mom children, she was likely encouraged to continue this behavior.
- To hide her third eye due to being self-conscious of it, she created an "innocent" persona to make her seem more pure than she actually is.
- Big Mom values her as an asset above her other children due to her potential gifts and treats her like a "doll." To big Mom, Pudding is more of a means to the end than her daughter. Pudding never had a proper Parent-Daughter relationship.
- Getting swept up in Big Mom's little games and criminal activities, she willingly takes part in killing the Vinsmoke Sanji in Big Mom's plan to take their technology.
- Put on an act at first, but in many different interactions ranging from the scene alone in that room together to Sanji calling her third eye beautiful, Pudding fell in love with Sanji.
- She still pushed through this regardless and STILL attempted to kill Sanji...but she couldn't do it. She already fell in love.
- Right now she's still stuck on the twisted mindset Big Mom raised her own as a way to not admit she's in love with Sanji. Basically she's the ultimate tsundere, and since she needs to be more focused now than ever, she needs to put the lovey-dovey stuff aside to bake this cake.

I actually think Pudding's character arc has been rather clear. I don't think she's bipolar or anything like that, but rather she's constantly at odds with who she truly is. Big Mom wants he to be a ruthless killer, while all she TRULY wants is to have freedom like Lola.

oXRckl8.png

This was setup chapters ago. This scene is exactly who Pudding truly is. When no one is around to see her, she's day dreaming and thinking about that freedom that Lola has. To her, even if she doesn't want to admit it yet, Sanji IS that freedom. Unlike herself, Sanji was able to break away from his terrible family and form a better life on the sea. This is what she longs for above all else. Two characters that come from evil families that dream and desire freedom.

So how will Sanji and Pudding ultimately not end up together?
Sanji tells pudding there's only one woman he wants in his life and that's nami swan so he'll have to decline her offer to get married officially

No idea never had someone fall head over heels for him lol it's tripping me up a bit

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Super random:

Back in the day there used to be fansubs of One Piece that were Japanese translated into Chinese then translated into English.

Did anyone else used to watch these?

I'm trying to remember the names of everyone in it:

Luffy = Rufi
Sanji = Sunkist
Usopp = I think it was "Crook Boo"

Maybe Sanji will be too dense to realize she's in love with him.

Honestly, not a lot happened this chapter. It was obvious Big Mom wouldn't be hurt by Nami and Zeus' attack. Pudding's powers seem a lot more versatile than they appeared originally.

My main question is why Katakuri seems so quiet. Has he predicted that Sanji will stop Big Mom's rampage?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Super random:

Back in the day there used to be fansubs of One Piece that were Japanese translated into Chinese then translated into English.

Did anyone else used to watch these?

I'm trying to remember the names of everyone in it:

Luffy = Rufi
Sanji = Sunkist
Usopp = I think it was "Crook Boo"

Monch D. Roof was one name.
Liar Bu for Usopp.
Zoro as Suron
Fullbody became Finbudi
Mihawk's title "Hawk Eye" became "Eage Eye"
Buggy became Parchy
Going Merry becamse Go.golden Maylee

Not HK Subs but early manga scans had Binami instead of Bellamy, Bisaromi Bear instead of Bartholomew Kuma (only the second part is accurate) and Tanjiahdo Lofulamingo instead of Donquixote Doflamingo.
Lines like "He dive like a crazy beef", "That barker has a crack", "We can't break through the hyman this way" and something about smelting an edge on a goog.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Monch D. Roof was one name.
Liar Bu for Usopp.
Zoro as Suron
Fullbody became Finbudi
Mihawk's title "Hawk Eye" became "Eage Eye"
Buggy became Parchy
Going Merry becamse Go.golden Maylee

Not HK Subs but early manga scans had Binami instead of Bellamy, Bisaromi Bear instead of Bartholomew Kuma (only the second part is accurate) and Tanjiahdo Lofulamingo instead of Donquixote Doflamingo.
Lines like "He dive like a crazy beef", "That barker has a crack", "We can't break through the hyman this way" and something about smelting an edge on a goog.

Laughing out loud here.

LotusHD

Banned

Honestly, not a lot happened this chapter. It was obvious Big Mom wouldn't be hurt by Nami and Zeus' attack. Pudding's powers seem a lot more versatile than they appeared originally.

My main question is why Katakuri seems so quiet. Has he predicted that Sanji will stop Big Mom's rampage?

He can see the future, he really doesn't have to do much until Luffy shows up. So it's up to Brook and Bropper to initiate the fight I suppose.

Veelk

Banned
Veelk have you commented on the chapter?

Nah. Mostly because there's not much for me to comment on.

I think a long while back I suggested, as a joke and after Sanji turned Pudding into pudding by complimenting her eye, that if things were already this lame, then the arc might as well end with Sanji placating Big Mom by cooking her a meal.

Turns out that's whats happening. Again, I'm not gonna say that this is badly written on a technical level or anything, because a lot of the narrative devices at play here are all well established and so on.

It's just that I find it incredibly lame how everything turned out. She's a goddamn Yonko, and her dignity is in tatters.

Lunar15

Lola is an underrated One Piece character. Captain of her own crew, independent from her mother, inspiration to her sisters.

Also, can't wait for the reveal that she married Lucky Roo. The implications are fascinating.

Ray Down

Banned
Hrm I've settled on what I think is going on with Pudding:

- Pudding is a good girl (deep down) that has had a rough life.
- As a child she idolized Lola's free spirit and longs to be like her.
- As a child she was bullied because of her third eye, forcing her to resort to violent behavior.
- Like most Big Mom children, she was likely encouraged to continue this behavior.
- To hide her third eye due to being self-conscious of it, she created an "innocent" persona to make her seem more pure than she actually is.
- Big Mom values her as an asset above her other children due to her potential gifts and treats her like a "doll." To big Mom, Pudding is more of a means to the end than her daughter. Pudding never had a proper Parent-Daughter relationship.
- Getting swept up in Big Mom's little games and criminal activities, she willingly takes part in killing the Vinsmoke Sanji in Big Mom's plan to take their technology.
- Put on an act at first, but in many different interactions ranging from the scene alone in that room together to Sanji calling her third eye beautiful, Pudding fell in love with Sanji.
- She still pushed through this regardless and STILL attempted to kill Sanji...but she couldn't do it. She already fell in love.
- Right now she's still stuck on the twisted mindset Big Mom raised her own as a way to not admit she's in love with Sanji. Basically she's the ultimate tsundere, and since she needs to be more focused now than ever, she needs to put the lovey-dovey stuff aside to bake this cake.

I actually think Pudding's character arc has been rather clear. I don't think she's bipolar or anything like that, but rather she's constantly at odds with who she truly is. Big Mom wants he to be a ruthless killer, while all she TRULY wants is to have freedom like Lola.

oXRckl8.png

This was setup chapters ago. This scene is exactly who Pudding truly is. When no one is around to see her, she's day dreaming and thinking about that freedom that Lola has. To her, even if she doesn't want to admit it yet, Sanji IS that freedom. Unlike herself, Sanji was able to break away from his terrible family and form a better life on the sea. This is what she longs for above all else. Two characters that come from evil families that dream and desire freedom.

Yeah basically this, Pudding is meant to be very similar to Sanji (both tried to kill people with knives), but he actually got a chance at freedom unlike Pudding.

I hope Oda can write a moment where the 2 can sit down and talk this or something out. I'm assuming that will happen during the cake baking or that be the ending to be the emotional climax to the arc.

Sad Sanji, open your eyes!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Everything this thread predicted came true.

Good job, guys.

Ray Down

Banned
Give the thanks to Greg though.

Though I'm still predicting something else that needs to happen.

Can someone crop the Pudding crying face from this Chapter?

whats the newest / best one piece game i can get on steam or ps4 ? never player one before
charm_smile.gif

i am interested in one that covers the main story on the series.

Top Bottom