• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

LotusHD

Banned
Pretty boys aren't my thing.

Don't let Cavendish hear you say that.

giphy.gif

Kreed

Keep in mind that this flashback is from 63 years ago so any of these kids would either be dead or super old. Other than the giants of course.

Considering Mother Caramel's age in this chapter and having a couple of 70+ year old Marines and Pirates running around in the current story, this isn't really a deterrent in expecting them to show up/have shown up in some form.

I wouldn't call Big Mom 'mentally ill', she was 5. She's pretty devious and cognizant as an adult.

She could still very well have some type of mental illness, despite being devious.

The way she acts around her children, the way she acts around food, the way she wanted to rip off body parts of other races because they don't look normal...
There are red flags that there is something off about Big Mom.

She could still very well have some type of mental illness, despite being devious.

The way she acts around her children, the way she acts around food, the way she wanted to rip off body parts of other races because they don't look normal...
There are red flags that there is something off about Big Mom.

Isn't sociopathy considered a mental illness?

Lot more of an interesting chapter then the spoilers made it sound.

How many more chapters left of this flashback left, guys?

2 more I would say. Next chapter clears up what happened to Mother Caramel, and one more that solidifies Linlin's shift to her current personality.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Considering Mother Caramel's age in this chapter and having a couple of 70+ year old Marines and Pirates running around in the current story, this isn't really a deterrent in expecting them to show up/have shown up in some form.
There really aren't that many One Piece characters over the age of 60 in the current story. So far we've had Dorry, Broggy, Hajrudin, Big Mom, Kureha, Brook, Crocus, Whitebeard and Zephyr (if you count him). And half of them were seen in this past chapter alone. While a few of the upper government officials could be that old too, it's unlikely they were hanging out at that time on Elbaf with everyone else over 60. If anything, Oda could be setting up future characters like he was with Koala in the Fisher Tiger flashback.

ckohler

This week's chapter was great. I can't wait for the crew to eventually reach Elbaf (hopefully). I liked how the Sheep's House has a human sized door cut into its normal, giant, sized door and I'm curious to see what that tree and the castle are like. I wonder if Gerth will still be in Elbaf when the crew eventually arrives there.

I was surprised how this flashback went. I suspect only one more chapter, reveals how Mother Carmel left. I don't think it'll show us how she became a pirate. Maybe, maybe not.

IHaveIce

Banned
The weather going bad and only a sunray shining upon mother caramel was interesting... was that just for art or might she have been a devil fruit user.

I also still wonder if there is a global religion in One Piece.

Linlin is weird. Who knows why she is so big, we may also get to know why she dislikes the giants so much.. but why did she want ceasar to discover how to make giants.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Law's flashaback gave us Corazon. Man, I think he might be my favorite character in the entire series. Everything about him was amazing, from his juxtaposition as Doflamingo's brother, to his status as an undercover marine, to his relationship with Law, to his design, to his seemingly useless fruit that he later revealed he's really good at using in creative ways. What a fantastic character.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
man i want to see more of tsuru, i love how doffy was so terrified of her
She was part of the trio of Garp, Sengoku and Tsuru, so she's definitely way up there on the power scale. Definitely the least explored of the old era of marines. Her fruit is weird though. Laundry fruit? Get outta here with that lol

RPGamer92

Banned
The weather going bad and only a sunray shining upon mother caramel was interesting... was that just for art or might she have been a devil fruit user.

I also still wonder if there is a global religion in One Piece.

Linlin is weird. Who knows why she is so big, we may also get to know why she dislikes the giants so much.. but why did she want ceasar to discover how to make giants.
Probably wanted control over people she didn't like.

The Adder

Banned
Isn't sociopathy considered a mental illness?

She's not a sociopath. At least not as a child. She genuinely thought she was helping. And she's throwing a tantrum because she's a five year old who isn't being allowed to eat for 12 days for the first time in her life. It's not her fault she's insanely powerful.

Now as an adult, much of that does not apply.

She couldn't induct real giants into her family because of Lola, so she decided she would just make some.

EDIT: Also, anyone notice Lola and Chiffon take after their maternal grandmother?

We've already spent one chapter on a room full of people waiting for BM to react to the photo's destruction. So I don't put Oda past wasting at least a month's worth of chapters reminding us how mindlessly selfish and destructive Linlin is. I forget how long doffy's flashback was but it also felt by and large like filler. Sometimes just having a bad guy do bad shit in the present is enough. I don't also need to see them as a child vowing vengeance on all the good things in the universe.

Anteater

She was part of the trio of Garp, Sengoku and Tsuru, so she's definitely way up there on the power scale. Definitely the least explored of the old era of marines. Her fruit is weird though. Laundry fruit? Get outta here with that lol

i guess it's not so different from smoothie's power lol

It's not the backstory I mind, it's the timing of when Oda decides to lay it on. Cramming it in just as a climactic point of inflection is reached is Bleach-tier fuckery. But at least I have faith it won't be a year before Bege pulls that trigger, for better or worse.

Top Bottom