• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Ray Down

Banned
Probably Arlong then at least he had success with take over a place and much more small scale, while Hody wanted to if I remember correctly wanted to kick and rule over all humans.

caliph95

I always imagine he either lands in New world or gets his ass kicked by any number of powerful pirates sea provided they don't slaughter him

Or the half probably get beaten by Admirals but he has better chance

Ray Down

Banned
I always imagine he either lands in New world or gets his ass kicked by any number of powerful pirates sea provided they don't slaughter him

Or the half probably get beaten by Admirals but he has better chance

If he just rose up straight above Fishman Island first he have to deal with Mariejois.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Now that I think about it, what the hell was arlong doing all those years?

I know he planned to use Nami's charts, and I think I recall them being perfect mappings of the sea currents as well, so they were of particular value to fishmen, since there's far more sea than land, but he seems to have made no progress over the 10-15 years he occupied Nami' s home.

Was he planning on taking the Doffy route to success? Work underground, leverage the seas, accumulate wealth and influence?

If so, why didn't he seem to have made any progress?

Or was he coming up with some crazy plan to create a mega whirlpool/whirlpools to destroy humanity, but he needed to basically chart the currents of the world to do so?

Now that I think about it, what the hell was arlong doing all those years?

I know he planned to use Nami's charts, and I think I recall them being perfect mappings of the sea currents as well, so they were of particular value to fishmen, since there's far more sea than land, but he seems to have made no progress over the 10-15 years he occupied Nami' s home.

Was he planning on taking the Doffy route to success? Work underground, leverage the seas, accumulate wealth and influence?

If so, why didn't he seem to have made any progress?

Or was he coming up with some crazy plan to create a mega whirlpool/whirlpools to destroy humanity, but he needed to basically chart the currents of the world to do so?

His goal was to take over the East Blue and turn it into the Arlong Empire. I assume that, along with Nami's sea charts, he was trying to slowly build connections with corrupt Marines (like Nezumi) so that the World Government wouldn't stomp out his plans before they bore fruit.

LotusHD

Banned
You'll live.

7E720g.gif

But I can't, because I don't have spoilers.

Coming from someone who doesn't read spoilers.

Yea, Imperial can't understand our struggle.

Chase17

Since the line was brought up earlier in the thread figured I'd mention that "We'll never be able to face Pedro again" is "Then we throw away his sacrifice" in the official translation.

Don't think that should sway whether we think he is alive or not though.

LotusHD

Banned
Since the line was brought up earlier in the thread figured I'd mention that "We'll never be able to face Pedro again" is "Then we throw away his sacrifice" in the official translation.

Don't think that should sway whether we think he is alive or not though.

Well, I already thought he was dead regardless, so meh. That said, glad it makes it more clearer in my opinion.

Daingurse

Do a Nen thing to make sure he stays dead.

Lol! I swear, some of the dudes in this series must have some truly special Nen the way Oda makes them come back. Shieett, we really shouldn't even worry about Luffy. After all, he's got the
properties of rubber and gum!

LotusHD

Banned
Lol! I swear, some of the dudes in this series must have some truly special Nen the way Oda makes them come back. Shieett, we really shouldn't even worry about Luffy. After all, he's got the
properties of rubber and gum!

Luffy v. Hisoka, let's doooo it

Also Kurapika would totally be Law's counterpart.

Nen is stronger after death
or something

But how do we save him!

Ogodei

Probably Arlong then at least he had success with take over a place and much more small scale, while Hody wanted to if I remember correctly wanted to kick and rule over all humans.

Hody didn't want to rule over the humans necessarily, that was Arlong's thing. Arlong was a conquerer, Hody was just a fascist. He wanted to rule the humans who dared to come to Fishman Island, but was more interested in "purifying" his homeland, while Arlong wanted to go forth and get revenge on humanity.

This is baller. It's cool to see this kind of thing from the villain's perspective, Luffy being this intimidating force.

I find it really fascinating how short Luffy is in comparison with all these otehr monsters in the One Piece. The same with guys like Shanks too. They seem to be the exception in heigh when it comes to strong people.

LotusHD

Banned
Anyone going to watch the Sony TGS conference? There's a chance we'll get out first look at Codename Dawn.

When is that?

---

Man, the climax of a One Piece is especially unbearable, no other manga matters to me right now, just want the next chapter...

Any predictions for this week's chapter?

Top Bottom