• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

LotusHD

Banned
I guess we'll see.

---

Lol, here's that little girl B-Leg:

pdTSIbu.png

Amande sighting:

IBU3Fru.png

Big Mom Pirates are quite imposing:

bZ7X8z7.png

---

This episode looked lovely in general. And you're right B-Leg, the meal is a lot creepier in the anime. "I'll have tea." cracked me up though lol

LotusHD

Banned
Literally the first I've ever heard someone suggest that. No way would Oda make Elbaf a movie subplot, especially not after the seeds he's planted in this arc concerning it.

Literally the first I've ever heard someone suggest that. No way would Oda make Elbaf a movie subplot, especially not after the seeds he's planted in this arc concerning it.

Lies.
I've said it before in this thread. :p

If the final Poneglyph is in Elbaf then yeah it has to be an arc but if it's not I don't see why they would go there until post game.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Lies.

If the final Poneglyph is in Elbaf then yeah it has to be an arc but if it's not I don't see why they would go there until post game.

He's been teasing Elbaf since Little Garden. There's no way in hell we don't get an Elbaf arc.

LotusHD

Banned
Lies.

Well for one thing, I said heard, I can't hear your posts. ;D

Secondly, I just don't recall ever reading it.

---

I don't know why you think it has to be post game (As in, after the series ends?), especially now. Maybe before we learned about Big Mom's connection to Elbaf, you'd have a stronger argument, but now it seems like an inevitability. Can't just throw characters out there like Loki, and have us not expect to definitely go there before the manga ends. Not to mention a lot of people theorize that this won't be the last time we see Big Mom in an antagonist role, even if she isn't the main antagonist in a theoretical Elbaf arc. After all, we haven't seen all of her forces, or everything that she herself can do.

Oda may not have the last Red Poneglyph there, but it'd be very prudent of him to do so and save time, as this manga is long enough as it is lmao

Realistically, where else would they find it

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Usopp already has it and is waiting for Luffy to prove himself that he is worthy.

I'm not saying it won't happen. It very likely will happen. I just don't see where it fits in unless it's where the final Poneglyph is.

They aren't beating Big Mom this arc, so perhaps that's where they have their big fight with her. Straw Hat fleet and the Giants vs Big Mom's pirates. It'd make sense considering what we've learned about her so far.

Well for one thing, I said heard, I can't hear your posts. ;D

Secondly, I just don't recall ever reading it.

---

I don't know why you think it has to be post game (As in, after the series ends?), especially now. Maybe before we learned about Big Mom's connection to Elbaf, you'd have a stronger argument, but now it seems like an inevitability. Can't just throw characters out there like Loki, and have us not expect to definitely go there before the manga ends. Not to mention a lot of people theorize that this won't be the last time we see Big Mom in an antagonist role, even if she isn't the main antagonist in a theoretical Elbaf arc. After all, we haven't seen all of her forces, or everything that she herself can do.

Oda may not have the last Red Poneglyph there, but it'd be very prudent of him to do so and save time, as this manga is long enough as it is lmao

Realistically, where else would they find it

By post game I meant after they find the final Poneglyph. I can see them decide to go there before heading to Raftel. I think Raftel will be the end of One Piece and Oda will use anything else he has left before then instead of after.

LotusHD

Banned
By post game I meant after they find the final Poneglyph. I can see them decide to go there before heading to Raftel. I think Raftel will be the end of One Piece and Oda will use anything else he has left before then instead of after.

Tbh, who even knows how this will all play out when we have Enel who is still on the moon (I don't think they'll go there though lol), as well as the Straw Hats never having traveled to where the Celestial Dragons live.

Tbh, who even knows how this will all play out when we have Enel who is still on the moon (I don't think they'll go there though lol), as well as the Straw Hats never having traveled to where the Celestial Dragons live.

I have 0 idea what they'll do with Marie Jois and the Celestial Dragons other than they'll likely be overthrown eventually.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I don't think Enel is coming back. Unless he gets armament haki he'd be totally outclassed by everyone at this point. Plus his goals have nothing to do with where the series is going, as far as we know. Dude just wants to live on the moon.

We're definitely seeing both Elbaf and Mariejois though. They've been too heavily hinted at to not show up.

LotusHD

Banned
I have 0 idea what they'll do with Marie Jois and the Celestial Dragons other than they'll likely be overthrown eventually.

Right now, I feel like it's WCI, then Wano, then theorizing that it's Elbaf next.

But then we need locations where the Straw Hats run into:

- Blackbeard
- Dragon
- the Admirals
- CP0
- Weevil
- Celestial Dragons?
- Shanks
- Bonney

Some of the aforementioned may show up in Wano or Elbaf, who knows, like the CP0 can show up anywhere for example.

Then there's also that Fishman Island prophecy where Luffy will destroy it or whatever. Not to mention Shiraroshi is also there, the whole thing about Ancient Weapons has to be utilized in some way.

A lot of ground to seemingly cover before Raftel.

I don't think Enel is coming back. Unless he gets armament haki he'd be totally outclassed by everyone at this point. Plus his goals have nothing to do with where the series is going, as far as we know. Dude just wants to live on the moon.

We're definitely seeing both Elbaf and Mariejois though. They've been too heavily hinted at to not show up.

Well that's the thing, we don't know. Maybe learning more about the Void Century will cover that. I don't really think Enel himself has to show up, or at least I don't care, but it'd be odd nonetheless for Oda to just let him go to the moon, and then it just never gets spoken of ever again.

EDIT:

Also got no idea as to how relevant the Reverie will factor into the plot either... (God I love this manga)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fishman Island seems more likely for another Big Mom confrontation than Elbaf but I wouldn't be surprised at either.

I think the return to Fishman Island will wind up having something to do with Mariejois and the Reviere. Hordy Jones may have been beaten, but we never concluded the Fishman Island plot. Given the Reviere is about to happen we might wind up going back sooner rather than later.

LotusHD

Banned
Oh right, they need to go back to Fishman Island at some point. That might overlap with Mariejois though.

Fishman Island seems more likely for another Big Mom confrontation than Elbaf but I wouldn't be surprised at either.

Between Fishman Island and Elbaf being things, I really wonder why people think Big Mom won't ever return in a big way. Well, aside from those that genuinely believe she's going down this arc. Barring Blackbeard coming to take advantage of the chaos, she'll be fine. Reputation may be in tatters, but you'd have to be an idiot to try and take her on imo

Anyways, now that Brulee is revealed to be a thing, I wonder if she ends up being the Luffy in that prophecy. Although I have my doubts, since Big Mom isn't really the type to try and sabotage Luffy like that, even if she likes her schemes. I don't see Big Mom going to Fishman Island herself though. I guess you could say the same thing about her going to Elbaf all of a sudden though, feels like the only thing that would motivate her going there is:

- Luffy and co. going to Elbaf for whatever reason, and she wants revenge
- the last Red Poneglyph is located there, and she now knows this

Additionally, some theorize that she may follow them to Wano for revenge, but we should probably wait for the arc to finish first lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Blackbeard's at the Headquarters of the Revolutionaries at the moment. He's too busy fighting Dragon and Eva to come over and fuck things up.

Which reminds me, we also still need to go there.

It's crazy how we're technically in the endgame of the series but we still have so much ground to cover.

I feel like Kaido and Big Mom both have spies right by each others territories and if Big Mom goes all out chasing the Straw Hats to Wano, it'll leave Whole Cake Island vulnerable and let someone from Kaido's crew get in and get a marking of her Poneglyph.

LotusHD

Banned
It's crazy how we're technically in the endgame of the series but we still have so much ground to cover.

Yup...

Lol, maybe the Fake Strawhat crew from the beginning of the timeskip are the ones from the prophecy.

Lol I hope not

I feel like Kaido and Big Mom both have spies right by each others territories and if Big Mom goes all out chasing the Straw Hats to Wano, it'll leave Whole Cake Island vulnerable and let someone from Kaido's crew get in and get a marking of her Poneglyph.

I was about to say that it feels more like Big Mom would do that as opposed to Kaido who seems to be far more direct, but then you remember that there is seemingly a Mink traitor, so...

Lakuza

really great episode, if they can keep it consistent in quality like this one It'll be awesome. the meal was well done :)

also, we need more Amande!

At some point or another, the Strawhats will most likely go to the new Marine HQ as well as Mariejois. I also suspect sometime in the future that they'll return to a pre-timeskip location, either the East Blue or something like Arabasta. Elbaf is definitely down the line as is Blackbeard's territory and possibly Shank's as well.

Lakuza

How i think it will go:

Blackbeard will be the final boss of the raftel arc, but i don't think he'll be killed here.

If elbaf doesn't have the 4th poneglyph, then i think its held in mariejois (it could be the treasure that doflamingo knows about).

"one piece" will lead luffy to destroy the red line (including both fishman island and mariejois) in order to unite all seas allowing him to sail freely (and creating sanji's all blue).

In order to do this, it will probably require Luffy to approach Mariejois leading to a full out war against government and marines (this would be the war that oda teased would make whitebeads war look tame). Akainu will be be the main antagonist for luffy here. Since I don't think blackbeard will be out of the story, I think he could show up during the war (again) to finish things with luffy (like a public challenge that whoever wins would be pirate king).

Azure J

I still feel like finding the actual One Piece isn't the complete end of the series. I feel similarly to Lakusa above and it's mostly because of Whitebeard's final statements on the matter. I kinda see it as someone (Straw Hats, let's be real) will find One Piece but the implications that arise from what it is or what it does will trigger the true final act which is just a global war vs. the World Government. At that point we'll see/get the really big match ups (SH fleet + allied powers [and potentially the revelation of Skypiea/Skypiea falling down] vs. The World Government, CP0, extremist Marines under Akainu's supervision and potentially utilizing Pluton or Uranus).

I've also been entertaining the idea that we're probably going to get a few more "year of" type arcs for the Straw Hats with year of Zoro tying into a Wano Country arc and year of Ussop tying directly to an Elbaf arc.

Blackbeard for sure is going to be one of the last real fights for the Straw Hats because that shit has been set up from early as FUCK in the series. Rewatching with some friends recently made me really go "wow" realizing that they've been in the background since Drum Kingdom which is early as hell in One Piece's story at this point. I just don't know if he's a pre-Raftel boss battle (as in anytime before the crew actually finds the secret of Raftel), or as per my current understanding/statement on things, a battle that will take place once the "grand war" truly kicks into high gear.

Bwhahaha I totally forgot about this embarrassment
52d334c022d4f693d95a34809307383a61015669_hq.jpg

I was so happy seeing this shit. Get absolutely faded Judge.

Top Bottom