• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Ray Down

Banned
It's a character from an urban fantasy Image comic called Wicked + Divine

(Which has characters whose appearance obviously based on popular musicians, my avatar is obviously Rihanna, there's a Kanye, Prince, David bowie, daft punk etc)2C David bowie, daft punk etc)

What’s it about?
would you recommend it?

Been behind on comics recently and just started Tom King Vision.

Cake baking time
giphy.gif

caliph95

What’s it about?
would you recommend it?

Been behind on comics recently and just started Tom King Vision.
Vision is an amazing book I would recommend it

Wicked Divine probably read the first trade or something but it did hit the comic world when it got realesed

Summary (plus my addition):
The narrative follows a young teenage girl, Laura, as she interacts with the Pantheon, a group of twelve people who discover that they are reincarnated deities.(Also essential are pop stars, hence having appearance based on popular musicians) This discovery grants them fame and supernatural powers, with the stipulation that they will die within two years – part of a ninety-year cycle known as the Recurrence.

Chase17

Yeah, I suppose he does meet the criteria.
It fits a lot among the rebel’s he’d be number 3 after Erina and soma(if we not counting former seat members and just the original rebels)

Erina is a former seat member so you could say Takumi is 2nd. But the copy guy who embarrassed him in the autumn elections is also on the team so maybe not.

Manga:
Takumi about to get his signature win of the series though.

Yeah, I suppose he does meet the criteria.

Erina is a former seat member so you could say Takumi is 2nd. But the copy guy who embarrassed him in the autumn elections is also on the team so maybe not.

Manga:
Takumi about to get his signature win of the series though.
I’m not ok with this only because I wanted megumi to pull a clutch win here as well

I feel fuckin awful

Because this arc was so tasty, I went down to my local Stickys (candy store) with my bud and bought, and ate, 18$ worth of candy.

Uggfff why.

it tasted amazing tho, had pomegranate pop with it and everything

Ray Down

Banned
If they kept Takumi around to get a win, I hope that is the reason for Megumi being there too.

They can just have 1/2 seat go crazy to even the odds afterwards.
I doubt Megumi last match in the series will result in a loss though but she has a tough opponent.

The could potentially just shut all 3 of them out(soma,megumi and takumi all win)

I see this happening with the three of them winning (maybe a megumi loss), then a surprise ultimate battle against Azami himself.

I hope Pedro's dead. Pell surviving alabasta was dumb. I need consequences. Don't make death and death scenarios lose their meaning through miraculous survivals

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I hope Pedro's dead. Pell surviving alabasta was dumb. I need consequences. Don't make death and death scenarios lose their meaning through miraculous survivals

Pell didn't get any dramatic ass speeches about him dead as hell, nor dozens of death flags about him being on his last legs and passing stuff on to the new generation.

LotusHD

Banned

What Man God said, circumstances are quite different compared to past "deaths", so it'd be extremely shitty of Oda to go back on even this considering Pedro's characterization. It should stick, otherwise it'd easily top Pell not dying. (Hilarious how you still remember that tbh)

But yea, we already discussed it in length, not much else to say.

Luf staying behind in da mirror world, decent and badass.

Nami n co goto see sanji? Or is puffy gunna meet sanji then head back.

What's happened to Zoro and team?

MAAAARCO...POOOOLOOO

Whose eizan

Edit nvm it's not OP.

I was mad tho that Pell survived. The shock of it, the fact that it'd be strawhat and alabasta scar so to speak made it powerful. It was pretty abrupt sure but that's what I liked Bout it

LotusHD

Banned

Luf staying behind in da mirror world, decent and badass.

Nami n co goto see sanji? Or is puffy gunna meet sanji then head back.

What's happened to Zoro and team?

MAAAARCO...POOOOLOOO

Nami and co. are headed to go meet up with Sanji. Luffy is currently battling Katakuri and broke the mirror so that he and the rest of the BM Pirates in the Mirror World cannot harass his crew. After he beats Katakuri, the plan is for him to meet up with them again.

Zoro and co. are en route to Wano, or somewhere near Wano, we do not currently know their whereabouts, or if they are already at their destination.

He basically is in the Elite Ten.

Well besides the 5th seat that was defeated in the same chapter she was shown in.

Yea, but like I remember he lost to Soma once, and then I've read that he's been on a losing streak on something. Idk, whatever.

Whose eizan

Edit nvm it's not OP.

I was mad tho that Pell survived. The shock of it, the fact that it'd be strawhat and alabasta scar so to speak made it powerful. It was pretty abrupt sure but that's what I liked Bout it

Yea I hear ya. I read (Although I have no idea how credible it was, so w/e) that the chapter came out not too long after 9/11, so Oda went back on killing him. I dunno, he just doesn't really like killing unless it serves the plot in a big way. Blame his grandmother.

It's been a looking journey. Tanks Lotus for the recommendation. Definitely surpassed my expectations. I'd put this as my second favourite so far.

That's one heck of a big wave Big Mum

LotusHD

Banned
At last, one chapter left.

Glad you enjoyed it. I think it's safe to say we all enjoyed your impressions. Now you get to wait weekly with us for new chapters lol

LotusHD

Banned
Hmm favourite crew member is probably ��

probably robin, maybe luffy or Zoro .
Isn't anyone I don't like, they've all had their time to shine.

Who is your least liked character, and why is it Rebecca?

If you could have one character (who you absolutely knew had no chance of joining the crew) become a member, who would it be?

I like Rebecca a lot.

Made people forget about Shirahoshi as an added side benefit.

Rebecca is even worse than Shirahoshi. Shirahoshi did something of worth in her arc (slow down Noah and call the Sea Kings). Rebecca did jack shit and had to get rescued several times by other characters due to her inability to hit opponents. Granted, there's nothing wrong with having a pacifistic character but the direction they took with her was incredibly poor.

Top Bottom