• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 |OT| Feel The Pain Of Koei and Namco Bandai's Victory

I like to play with most characters. Of course I've got some favourites but I'm always playing around with different characters. A lot of the new characters have become my favourites; Fujitora, Doflamingo, Shanks, Rob Lucci and Caesar, but also older characters like Kizaru, Franky (pre-timeskip), Smoker, and many more :)

The only character I don't like is Hancock, lol, and probably Chopper and Robin, though truth be told they're the only characters I haven't tried yet since they were the two worst in both PW1 and PW2. I'll have to give them a shot soon.

Jaroof

Ha I haven't tried Robin for the same reason.
Chopper, on the other hand, I love. Post timeskip Chopper is a blast.

Also agree with Hancock. Don't have too much fun playing with her. Seems like she should be stronger.

Chariot

Zoro, but mostly because I like swordfighters and have yet to aquire Mihawk and Fujitora. Other than him, I kinda like Sanji, but his weakness to women makes him a bit iffy to play on regular basis.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta admit, Whitebeard is the best for me because every once in a while I hear GUARARARARA

Majukun

really pisses you off when you work hard to activate a treasure event,just for it to not activate for some reason..happened to me 3 times in the pirates vs cp9 stage

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My favorites are Tashigi and Perona but I don't have everyone just yet. I tried Sabo and Crocodile and they're really cool too.

Crocodile's probably my favorite dude in the entire series. His second outfit is just perfect. He's such a badass.

Majukun

Which event? The one for completing all strategies?

one time the one where you have to reach the chamber for the duel against lucci before him
2 times the one where you have to fight jabura as sanji..2 times i did it,two times i didn't get the cutscene nor the objective

third time was the charm..now i only miss the one where i need to kill lucci with a kizuna attack

massoluk

Banned
Ok. Got all the puzzles pieces, but that didn't unlock all the characters :\
I guess they're all unlocked via Dream Mode then?

MSMrRound

Just came back from a holiday...and I purchased the PS4 version within an hour of landing.

Only been able to play the prologue and the mission with Buggy, but loving what I saw so far.

Compared to the Vita version of One Piece PW2 (I brought the Chinese version as there wasn't any English copies), attacks feel "punchier" which I enjoyed a lot and damn, after going for the home console version, I don't think I can go back to the handheld version.

Was pretty silky smooth in terms of framerate, and I love that using Luffy's musou attack will give me at least 50+ KOs compared to the meager 25+ or so compared to the Vita version of PW2.

Will continue to explore some of the various functions and stuff, and pop right back in here with you guys. Gonna wait till I'm able to unlock combination attacks e.g 300 pound cannon etc.

Dugna

So buying everything is one of the requirements of getting the gallery trophy?

yep buying stuff like the voice recordings and such, no reason to save money unless you want to max out every character but that is kinda useless to do unless you really want to.

Every time I go to level up a character, I always get hit by those Thriller Bark denizen coins preventing me from continuing.

I found the fishmen coins to be a way bigger pain. In dream log, you'll get all the coins you need, but the fishmen are too damn rare and are used too damn often. You don't need to play Thriller Bark again for coins if you don't want to by the way, you can just play dream log. The characters will appear in later missions in the story mode too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I found the fishmen coins to be a way bigger pain. In dream log, you'll get all the coins you need, but the fishmen are too damn rare and are used too damn often. You don't need to play Thriller Bark again for coins if you don't want to by the way, you can just play dream log. The characters will appear in later missions in the story mode too.

Those goddamn Oars tokens though...I got 0. Never will...

massoluk

Banned
It's the bloody Shanks medal that's bottleneck for me when I played through Legend collecting Treasure Events and puzzle pieces.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't it pretty easy to get medals for characters that you can play as? You get tons of them just by using them.

once you unlock him, sure. I'm still slowly grinding my way up in dream mode. It won't take long. It's just one of those "shit, I should have done this first" moments.

Has anyone with the PC version tried installing any of the mods? Like the draw distance, shadows, any of those mods? How much of a difference does it make?

MSMrRound

Hi guys, just a curious question...

so I just got started on the game...does anyone have a link for the overall S-rank requirements for most of the stages?

I only got a few characters unlocked (still pretty early) so I'm not too sure if I should try to S-rank stuff first or proceed further for now.

Thanks!

so I just got started on the game...does anyone have a link for the overall S-rank requirements for most of the stages?

I only got a few characters unlocked (still pretty early) so I'm not too sure if I should try to S-rank stuff first or proceed further for now.

Thanks!

Kill requirement is generally 2000. From "Pirates vs. CP9" on, a lot of missions go up to 2500. ! requirements are half the Kill requirements, so 1000 and 1250 respectively.

Don't know about time requirements, but I think, at the very least, it's under 30 mins.

Dugna

Thanks!

you can press Options/Start during the mission and bring up the menu, it shows you the requirements for S ranks in each mission. Evaluation requirements I think it was.

you can press Options/Start during the mission and bring up the menu, it shows you the requirements for S ranks in each mission. Evaluation requirements I think it was.

Pretty sure that's only in Dream Log. I've tried to find it in Legend/Free mode and haven't found it.

Jaroof

I'm 50 hours in, now.
Wanted to pick it up again tonight, but realized I've been neglecting MGSV. Haha.

I've only gotten one character past their level break limit: Marco.
Still so much left to do!

Ponn

Banned
I've spent all night playing Dream Log with Smoker (he's so dreamy) waiting for the SCEJA conference and I have him to level 46. I'm stuck on a couple of his stats though needing a Marines mark and Marines Ship coin. Does anyone know off hand where I can get those from?

Kill requirement is generally 2000. From "Pirates vs. CP9" on, a lot of missions go up to 2500. ! requirements are half the Kill requirements, so 1000 and 1250 respectively.

Don't know about time requirements, but I think, at the very least, it's under 30 mins.

This is all correct.

Only in dream log. Also, in dream log, the requirements are the same for every level, and your current rank is displayed in the bottom right corner, so there's never any guessing or menu-entering required.

bobohoro

I've spent all night playing Dream Log with Smoker (he's so dreamy) waiting for the SCEJA conference and I have him to level 46. I'm stuck on a couple of his stats though needing a Marines mark and Marines Ship coin. Does anyone know off hand where I can get those from?

You should be able to see the requirements for rare coins in the gallery.

Finished Legend Mode (still need a few treasure events) and it certainly was kinda weak. Missions and maps themselves are fine and a definite improvement over past games, but presentation, ratio of old to new story content and a certain lack of creativity make the mode a tad disappointing.

Also got pretty far in Dream Log, only missing Enel/Kuzan now. Will probably try for the Plat since I enjoy the game greatly, but a few more mission types would have been nice for that mode.

*Jabra appeared*
Jabra: "HELP ME, I'M YOUR ALLY AND I'M TRAPPED!
*Choppa/Usopp appeared*
Choppa/Usopp: "I'll help you!"
Choppa/Usopp: "Ah! It was a trap! Help me!"

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I really like his New World look a lot. He's pretty great.

You can check in the collection under the coins, it says where to get them. Might be a random bounty drop. If so...get patient.

Mephala

Been playing as time skip Robin. She looks much better with her hair tied back using the taunt button in my opinion. Her special attack is pretty stupid though. Foot through buildings like stupid.

alittlelove

Neo Member
When a coin is listed as "obtained from strong opponents in Dream Log", who do I actually have to defeat? I have yet to see a single coin drop.

The ones randomly popping up? Aren't those the ones with a bounty?

Or is this something that will happen only after I beat the final Lv100 island? (I guess beating the game =/= beating dream log.)

Yeah, the bounties too, of course.

No, strong opponents are on the map from the start.

Top Bottom