• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 |OT| Feel The Pain Of Koei and Namco Bandai's Victory

Ponn

Banned
Thanks for the tip on seeing the coin requirements. I've been really messing around in Dream log and actually have almost all the islands beat for the first time (apparently you can do it over and over). I've been using Smoker though exclusively and now he is maxed at level 50 and I only have one of level break coins. I've been reading and apparently they aren't easy to get and completely random. I have a couple questions then if this is the case.

1) Does the experience you gain with a maxed character accumulated and automatically applied when you get your level break or is it just completely lost until you unlock the characters level break.

2) I guess if the answer to the first question is your exp you gain is wasted and lost then this question becomes easy. Should I just switch to a new character until I can get the level break coins I need for the characters I want to play.

Also is any of the dlc worth it? I mean really worth it?

Dugna

Thanks for the tip on seeing the coin requirements. I've been really messing around in Dream log and actually have almost all the islands beat for the first time (apparently you can do it over and over). I've been using Smoker though exclusively and now he is maxed at level 50 and I only have one of level break coins. I've been reading and apparently they aren't easy to get and completely random. I have a couple questions then if this is the case.

1) Does the experience you gain with a maxed character accumulated and automatically applied when you get your level break or is it just completely lost until you unlock the characters level break.

2) I guess if the answer to the first question is your exp you gain is wasted and lost then this question becomes easy. Should I just switch to a new character until I can get the level break coins I need for the characters I want to play.

For gameplay purposes no, the costumes do look very nice for a fan though.

I kind of regret buying the DLC. At least, I thought I wanted to see Robin and Nami in skimpier outfits; then I realized, I didn't want to see them in skimpier outfits. lol

I wouldn't worry so much about experience. Just play with whoever you think is fun. Personally, I think the best part about these games are the characters, so I play as different characters everytime, but just play it whatever way you think is most fun. Don't worry about "lost experience". I'd worry about that in an RPG, but in a game like this, who cares.

DLC is only worth it if you're a One Piece fan or plan on playing this a whole lot.

Finished the very last level in Dream Log which had a recommended level of 100. Managed to complete it with being a little careful on the whole Straw Hat crew with an almost fully upgraded Akainu on lvl 50. I found the "last level" a heck of a lot harder originally though I was playing as Law then. Think I'm done with it now. Way too tedious to go through and collect the coins.

I think I'm giving up on the PC version every getting patched. There's barely been any acknowledgement from official sources of there being a problem.

Ponn

Banned
I wouldn't worry so much about experience. Just play with whoever you think is fun. Personally, I think the best part about these games are the characters, so I play as different characters everytime, but just play it whatever way you think is most fun. Don't worry about "lost experience". I'd worry about that in an RPG, but in a game like this, who cares.

DLC is only worth it if you're a One Piece fan or plan on playing this a whole lot.

Thanks for info. I dont care about the outfits really amd if nothing is added to story then meh. These freaking coins though, im reading the descriptions but spme of them like Tashigi's new special attack is Monets Emblem but all it says is beat ??? with Tashigi. What the hell is ???! I notice some other character coins say that too. I really am liking Tashigi but i would liker her 2nd level special so this is killing me. I also only need a marine cape coin to level break her so shes soooo close to being goddess tier.

Thanks for info. I dont care about the outfits really amd if nothing is added to story then meh. These freaking coins though, im reading the descriptions but spme of them like Tashigi's new special attack is Monets Emblem but all it says is beat ??? with Tashigi. What the hell is ???! I notice some other character coins say that too. I really am liking Tashigi but i would liker her 2nd level special so this is killing me. I also only need a marine cape coin to level break her so shes soooo close to being goddess tier.

I think it says the level in the title, so above where it says ??? it should say the level. For Tashigi, defeat Monet on Punk Hazard. Get all the lvl 2 specials asap as they make playing with the characters more fun! It's always in story mode, I'm pretty certain.

I think the reason it says ??? is because you haven't played the level yet. Make sure to play through all of story mode first and dream mode later.

Majukun

iy just says it until you meet them in the story mission..after that the name will appear..
but it's probably beat monet in the punk hazard mission

Chariot

Is there any place else where I can get Oars coins or only in Thriller Bark? ai kinda don't like the stage either, but Oars onoy appears there, right?

Jaroof

I'm pretty sure you have to get Oars coins from Thriller Bark.
It sucks, I know. I don't know what they were thinking with that level. The game is so good, minus that one level!

Oh, and does anyone know what you have to do with Brook during the Thriller Bark mission to get the treasure event?
I tried beating the level with him, but didn't get it.. and I don't want to go back to that level unless I know I'm going to get the treasure event.

Chariot

I didn't get the achievement for all unlocked heroes? Is there more than getting all characters? Do I need to unlock more stuff? I can choose any character as far as I am concerned.

edit: nvm, I got it randomly within a stage strangely.

bobohoro

Is there any place else where I can get Oars coins or only in Thriller Bark? ai kinda don't like the stage either, but Oars onoy appears there, right?

You only get Oars coins once, via the legend map reward in Thriller Bark. Those 50 are enough for all characters, so you can't (and don't need to) farm them.

Oh, and does anyone know what you have to do with Brook during the Thriller Bark mission to get the treasure event?
I tried beating the level with him, but didn't get it.. and I don't want to go back to that level unless I know I'm going to get the treasure event.

You need to find every straw hat member in the foggy area and make sure to clear the enemies around them. You know you did it correctly when they speak to you, usually one or two lines of dialog, and then they begin to move. You have to get all of them (except for Nami) before you defeat Perona and lift the fog from the area.

Afterwards you'll get a question mark when encountering Oars for the first time while protecting the Sappers. If you don't get the event by the time Franky build the bridge, you did something wrong. And yeah, it's by far the most annoying treasure event in the game.

Personally, I think I'm mostly done with the game. Initially I wanted to go for the Plat, but the last tropy for a completed gallery is a total grindfest that just seems like a chore, honestly. I had fun for 50 hours, although I enjoyed PW3 less than its prequel, since that one felt way fresher and more improved from the first. PW3, while being one of the most refined musou games, plays it a bit too safe at times and lacks a meaningful endgame as well as enticing rewards for the player. Both Legend and Dream Log could really use some work and fresh ideas to stay exciting. Like this it all hinges on your enjoyment of One Piece fan service and the basic gameplay. Luckily, both things are pretty excellent.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I think it says the level in the title, so above where it says ??? it should say the level. For Tashigi, defeat Monet on Punk Hazard. Get all the lvl 2 specials asap as they make playing with the characters more fun! It's always in story mode, I'm pretty certain.

I think the reason it says ??? is because you haven't played the level yet. Make sure to play through all of story mode first and dream mode later.

Yeah, people who've read One Piece have a bigger advantage when it comes to that because you can figure out which character it's talking about usually by going by the show.

Mephala

What am I supposed to do for the Ussop event in his home town? I tried playing as ussop to beat the boss but that did nothing and there was a second Ussop running around building blockades to stop me murdering people. -_-

What am I supposed to do for the Ussop event in his home town? I tried playing as ussop to beat the boss but that did nothing and there was a second Ussop running around building blockades to stop me murdering people. -_-

There was a second Usopp because you were playing in free log.

That event description is REALLY misleading. You are not supposed to play as Usopp, you are supposed to have him near you when you beat Kuro.

Tizoc

New DLC is up on Steam. As I had already gotten the SE of the game, I got it updated on my lappy now.

Pandacon

I finally started playing this after beating MGSV, beat Thriller Bark, than decided to go back and try to get more coins from the Legend stuff in the earlier levels.

Kinda got stuck on one Treasure event on Chapter 1 Episode 2, Kuro and Ussop are suppose to fight, but before I can get Kuro over to Ussop, he usually leaves, its annoying.

But other than that I am enjoying the game, I checked out Dream Logs real quick and unintentionally jumped into a lvl.100 mission, that was amusing. I think I'll stick to the main story stuff first.

We are not talking about these two, right? http://store.steampowered.com/app/378504/?snr=1_5_9__405 and http://store.steampowered.com/app/378505/?snr=1_5_9__405. Because I don't "own" them as in I can still buy them in the shop, but I do own them in the sense that I have them ingame and the boxes are checked in the Game Properties.

No, the five costumes you got from the Bandai Namco store are different. It was a costume for Ace, and then some costumes for Hancock, Nami and Robin. These eight are different.

Those five costumes are also in the season pass, by the way.

Chariot

No, the five costumes you got from the Bandai Namco store are different. It was a costume for Ace, and then some costumes for Hancock, Nami and Robin. These eight are different.
But as I said, I got them. Where do they come from? It isn't the pre-order bonus either because it has it's own entry.

But as I said, I got them. Where do they come from? It isn't the pre-order bonus either because it has it's own entry.

Lol, how should I know where you got them?

What I'm saying is: Bandai Namco gave away five costumes for free from their store, which are also free to season pass owners, but the season pass also contains a bunch of other costumes.

Personally, I think I'm mostly done with the game. Initially I wanted to go for the Plat, but the last tropy for a completed gallery is a total grindfest that just seems like a chore, honestly. I had fun for 50 hours, although I enjoyed PW3 less than its prequel, since that one felt way fresher and more improved from the first. PW3, while being one of the most refined musou games, plays it a bit too safe at times and lacks a meaningful endgame as well as enticing rewards for the player. Both Legend and Dream Log could really use some work and fresh ideas to stay exciting. Like this it all hinges on your enjoyment of One Piece fan service and the basic gameplay. Luckily, both things are pretty excellent.

I kind of agree with this.

I have to say though if only they'd added in all those cool characters from Dressrosa too, that would have freshened the roster up somewhat.

Ponn

Banned

iy just says it until you meet them in the story mission..after that the name will appear..
but it's probably beat monet in the punk hazard mission

Thanks, yea I finally figured it out because I was playing more Dream Log than Legend Log I still had some stuff locked and didn't realize it. I got both Legend Log and Dream Log unlocked and just need a Marine Cape to level break Tashigi so i'm going to go back to Dream Log and fight some strong enemies till I get it. REALLY fun game, i'm so addicted to it. Some characters are really fun to play and some just are, aghhh...like Nami. She is way to slow for me. I was having alot of fun with Smoker but after playing Tashigi and unlocking her 2nd super attack she is now my favorite. I unlocked Shanks and Sabo so im going to try them next running through Dream Log again.

Damn it is really annoying that it seems llke your leveling of characters doesn't carry over when they are NPC's. I'll be on a map and in a matter of minutes it will pop up Zoro is in trouble and i'm like no freaking way is he in trouble because I have him level 50 with most stats maxed. One other nitpick, i'm playing the PS4 version and on some of the later stages I was getting quite a bit of stuttering on some levels after doing Kizuna Attacks and it surprised me.

Chariot

I don't understand some Treasure Events. For example the Drum one. "Battle Wapol with Luffy within the timelimit." What time limit? I played the mission now three times and had no timelimit.

SoulUnison

Banned
Localization seems really spotty in places.

Like, Zoro's Kizuna animation says "SIngle Sword Style," when anyone with even the slightest knowledge of Japanese can tell he says "Nitoryu." ("Two Sword Style")

My knowledge of the language is basically numbers, colors and some animals and *I* caught that right away. There's no excuse for someone being *paid* to do this who couldn't catch and fix a single word in a line of text.

should i buy this now or wait for black friday?

Edit: actually, with MGO coming out, and TOZ, and Dragon Quest Heroes, maybe i should wait

Like, Zoro's Kizuna animation says "SIngle Sword Style," when anyone with even the slightest knowledge of Japanese can tell he says "Nitoryu." ("Two Sword Style")

My knowledge of the language is basically numbers, colors and some animals and *I* caught that right away. There's no excuse for someone being *paid* to do this who couldn't catch and fix a single word in a line of text.

That's nothing. I made a little list way back in this thread with the localization errors. It's not too bad but there's a whole bunch of errors, not only with translating but with spelling and grammar too.

A.J.

Banned

Isn't Single Sword Style Ittoryu? Shouldn't Ittoryu and Nitoryu sound very similar? I don't know Japanese that well so I wouldn't know

dumbyugi

His time-skip Kizuna is single sword style though isn't it? Or am I not remembering right?

Genryu

Banned
That's nothing. I made a little list way back in this thread with the localization errors. It's not too bad but there's a whole bunch of errors, not only with translating but with spelling and grammar too.

I'm still super salty about how they translate anything Okama related.

dumbyugi

I did find it amusing that they use Kami for the Skypeia episode title but just go ahead and use God for every other time it comes up. Oh Come My Way is the worst though. Most people playing know that it's Okama. Actually I would guess that everyone playing a One Piece game would know.

SoulUnison

Banned
Oh man, I just busted up laughing when a cutscene subtitle translated "Gomu Gomu no Red Hawk" to " 'Fire Fist Pistol.' "
And when you use Red Hawk in-game as Luffy it's called "Gum-Gum Fire Red Hawk" for some reason.

Congratulations, guys, you managed to mistranslate English into...English in two *different* ways.

I get that a literal reading of "Reddo Hoku" is "Fire Pistol," but when your character is already yelling out the name of a technique in perfectly recognizable English maybe don't go for a confusing literal representation.

Majukun

one think i noticed,is that fujitora,being blind,doesn't turn to stone due to hancock attacks

really good attention to detail there..any other example of that?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I don't understand some Treasure Events. For example the Drum one. "Battle Wapol with Luffy within the timelimit." What time limit? I played the mission now three times and had no timelimit.

If I recall correctly, that's right after you help the Lapin, go to the left side of the screen and they should build shortcuts to Wapol. When they do that ignore everyone else and make a dash for Wapol, it shouldn't be too hard it's just figuring it out that's confusing.

Honestly every DW-style game I've played has some of the vaguest missions ever.

Majukun

is it possible to complete the treasure objective "defeat kizaru with a kizuna attack" in the sabaody scenario the first time he appears?or he has to be the last battle?
because in that you are alone with law,and there's no way to charge the kizuna attack and THEN go help law

Mephala

is it possible to complete the treasure objective "defeat kizaru with a kizuna attack" in the sabaody scenario the first time he appears?or he has to be the last battle?
because in that you are alone with law,and there's no way to charge the kizuna attack and THEN go help law

I think in these types of situation you can play as another character in Free Mode and get access to Kizuna with both Law and Luffy.

Top Bottom