• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Thanks TOEI for the new wallpaper

DK2Du4zUEAAbKSv.jpg

I'm extremely intrigued by what Brook is doing in the opening. I somewhat know what Brook does this arc from reading the manga thread but I have 0 idea when he summons that giant spirit/ghost thing.

Aru

Man that TV Special was a huge disappointment. The actual new content was fine but expected from both protagonists while the rest is just useless flashbacks. Would have prefered a single episode. Worst episodes since the end of Dressrosa IMO.

Akai__

This is the worst special by far and didn't need 2 parts at all. The amount of recaps and cuts is just mind-boggling.

It's like someone found out about the Xzibit meme and applied it to these episodes. Recaps of recaps... Easily wasted 30 minutes of everyone's time...

Aru

Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking. Maybe since they wanted to have a TV special for DB Super, they thought they needed one for One Piece too even if it was not necessary.

silva1991

LOL. at least 60% of the stuff were flashbacks. Like what's even the point?

They literally used the Zeff flash back few episodes ago...

I loved the tease of Big Mom's crew in the opening. I'm assuming the first two are the other Sweet Generals. I also love the blonde guy that looks like Franky for some reason.

Moaradin

Second episode was good but I have no idea why this needed to be considered a special to begin with. The first episode was pure padding and could have been cut completely and you wouldn't miss anything. Also, they played the eyecatches like 3 different times in both episodes.

N7.Angel

the anime is getting butchered even more now, they made two mistakes:

- The first one is to not have taken months before launching the new world arc when they had the opportunity with the two years gap.

- not having enough fillers, I hate fillers but because they're so close to the manga, they should have created something maybe with the author to let the manga take a huge advance, dragging every episodes like that made it awful... seriously when your episode has more reused flashback than new content, you know you need to do something about it.

But I have to admit this was such a great episode, no matter how many times I think the Toei has been butchering the anime and that the manga is probably better, There is something surreal and amazing when scenes can pull on your heart strings and make you cry like a baby, Luffy is awesome, his Seiyū is too, I can wait for the next episode.

I rather have a long filler arc before a new one than have a non-filler arc stretched out like they have been.

This special also made me realize I care way more about One Piece than Dragonball Super. I watch them both every week (I start Dragonball Super so once it ends One Piece just pops up) and I really haven't missed Dragonball Super, but I'm dying that there's no One Piece episode this week. I'm still hyped about the new opening and trying to not make a long post about it.

N7.Angel

I rather have a long filler arc before a new one than have a non-filler arc stretched out like they have been.

This special also made me realize I care way more about One Piece than Dragonball Super. I watch them both every week (I start Dragonball Super so once it ends One Piece just pops up) and I really haven't missed Dragonball Super, but I'm dying that there's no One Piece episode this week. I'm still hyped about the new opening and trying to not make a long post about it.

That's probably because Super is garbage.

Just rewatched the Luffy vs Usopp episode. It had basically the same amount of flashbacks as 808 did, including somewhat showing the same scene 3 times. I preferred it over the Luffy vs Sanji fight mainly because Usopp has a much more interesting arsenal when he has time to prepare.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't care how many pages this covered, the episode was fantastic. The gloomy oppressive mood contrasting the twisted Disney dinner party.

Top Bottom