• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man Manga Gets TV Anime (Madhouse, Shingo Natsume, Chikashi Kubota)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

anyone a "tiny" bit disappointed that mosquito girl has a black and white motiff....

(and not flesh color )

Co-sign, really wish Mosquito Girl'd
come back, I always just assumed she didn't die and was just in hiding from the shock of experience with Saitama

Shit this PV is great, Madhouse is continuing to be my favorite studio. Voice work seems like its ace's as well.

anyone a "tiny" bit disappointed that mosquito girl has a black and white motiff....

(and not flesh color )

Do you feel worse for finding her attractive now

It really is bad. Have you read the manga? Because Murata manages to make the Manga feel better animated than the anime adaptation.

i watched the eyeshield 21 anime to completion. I thought it was pretty good, the filler was shitty but hey, it's filler. Que to the end of the anime, I decide to read the last few arcs of the manga because they weren't animated. I agree with your post whole-heartedly.

Wiseblade

it wasnt that bad. I enjoyed it.

i watched the eyeshield 21 anime to completion. I thought it was pretty good, the filler was shitty but hey, it's filler. Que to the end of the anime, I decide to read the last few arcs of the manga because they weren't animated. I agree with your post whole-heartedly.
Just to be sure that I wasn't remembering wrong, I watched a couple episodes ES21 and it was just as bad as I remember.

If Madhouse can put out something as good as HxH 2011 I'll be very happy.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Is this a true-to-manga adaptation? I love the manga, I'd say besides Kingdom, Break Blade, Tsuyokute New Saga and Boku no Hero Academia, this is by far my favorite anime. I love Saitama's attitude but I don't think there's currently enough material for an manga, actually scratch that...if Shingeki no Kyojin got away with its content, this can too.

Sent

Is this a true-to-manga adaptation? I love the manga, I'd say besides Kingdom, Break Blade, Tsuyokute New Saga and Boku no Hero Academia, this is by far my favorite anime. I love Saitama's attitude but I don't think there's currently enough material for an anime, actually scratch that...if Shingeki no Kyojin got away with its content, this can too.

There's probably enough content for at least 2 seasons at the moment.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
There's probably enough content for at least 2 seasons at the moment.

I guess... Carnage Kabuto would probably be the first major villain, the fish king dude, then the space dude and then garou the first 2 being season 1 and the final 2 being the 2nd season

weshes195

It was amazing! Never been hooked more with a first episode (thought I do love the manga so I could be bias).

I assume he will look less "cool" when he actually interacts with other characters.

Also, the one I watched actually had great subs for most of it. It disappeared halfway through but the subs came back in the ending. It wasn't the best subs, but they were something at least.

Heroman

Banned
Saw the pv and it was pretty rad , my only question is why is Tornado of Terror in it , I dont think she is even in the first couple of arcs?

Tizoc

Saw the pv and it was pretty rad , my only question is why is Tornado of Terror in it , I dont think she is even in the first couple of arcs?

She isn't but I think the anime wants to play up her character?
She is a short small girl and you know how Japan likes that :V

Dahbomb

Yup this is going to be a classic (like the manga). That action scene at the end was RIDICULOUS!

gxR3dKI.gif

Nocebo

Great first episode. The comedic timing was a bit off compared to the manga in my opinion but it's pretty good overall. I hope they can keep it up.

Pappasman

That was excellent. I was shocked at how accurate they were to the panels in the manga. OPM is one of my favorite series already and this was a great first episode.

If they keep the quality up we could have something really special on our hands here.

Tizoc

So like
this airs in 48 hours
Can't wait XO
Although the first few arcs are OK, I can't wait til we get to him being
with the Hero Alliance/whatever and ish gets wackier.

SharkJAW

I forgot about this! I absolutely love the manga and the PVs are looking fantastic. Saitama is my favorite hero of all time. His backstory, the villains' backstory, the Saturday sale, his "secret" to power: all things that contribute to the absolute fantastic series that is One Punch Man.

kurahador

Waiting for new manga chapter is so fucking tedious as Murata re-drawing old chapters.
Glad we'll have this to scratch the itch.

Now that it's over, thought it was a good time for a crow bump.

At firstI was really excited... But then I remembered the Eyeshield 21 anime and got sad.

Will probably end up being the first manga with better animation than it's show.

Urghhh...this series would've work better as 1 hour OVA releases every 2-3 months.

Expect alot of downgrade in action sequences with tv series tight budget.

Pretty much.

Like others said, they'll probably fuck it up.

I'll flipbook the manga for better framerate

I see no way they can make this is live up to the source material, but I so hope they do a good job of it.

This post will probably have more frames than an average episode.

When a manga looks this good, you only wonder if it is really necessary. It would be a completely different story if only One's version existed.

i don't know maybe if it was a ova i'd be more hopeful.

Should be short episodes - five to fifteen minutes long - animated following ONE's style rather than Murata's. Of course it'll just look like the eyeshield anime or something. RIP

Oh my God that art is incredible.

Theres no way the anime will be able to live up to that.

Yeah, it's not living up to Murata's art. Probably will live up to ONE's though.

Have low hopes for this turning out well but will check it out when it comes out.

It won't look as good as the manga, but awesome news.

No fucking way it'll live up to the manga.

They'll need a Murata clone army to do that.

It won't live up to Murata's art at all, but hopefully it's still nicely animated.

I'll be surprised if the animation is half as good as the manga's art.

This. Remaining skeptical for now, but I'd love to be proven wrong

Happy to be wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom