• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man Manga Gets TV Anime (Madhouse, Shingo Natsume, Chikashi Kubota)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Caught up with the manga pretty quick. Really enjoying it and now I'm super pumped for the anime. I wonder how long it's gonna be though. The manga only has 43 chapters at the moment.

Sent

Caught up with the manga pretty quick. Really enjoying it and now I'm super pumped for the anime. I wonder how long it's gonna be though. The manga only has 43 chapters at the moment.

Probably through the Boros stuff. Should have enough content for a S2 after that I think. Beyond that I don't know unless ONE really steps it up (currently on Ch.99).

Moaradin

The manga is still well behind the low art web comic.

I guess they could draw from the original web comic at a certain point, but I'd want the manga art as a reference :p

Probably through the Boros stuff. Should have enough content for a S2 after that I think. Beyond that I don't know unless ONE really steps it up (currently on Ch.99).

lol they got some work ahead of them if they're gonna animate the Boros stuff.

Nibel

Wow, Madhouse is on this?

p0QHO.gif

Currently reading the manga and dammit this will be brilliant.

Jigolo

Never read the manga but have always been curious. Madhouse doing it makes it a necessary show to watch. <3 Madhouse

Maffis

Madhouse is a good choice, but their work with Parasyte really fell flat under alot of episodes. The animation was really really stale, alot of times.

Gintama anime coming back

Soma anime and OPM anime

other then Soma..... I know that both of the other two will be awesome seeing as those studios have a good track record

can't wait

AWWWW YEAH!!!!!!!

Not

Banned
Let's hope they didn't put half of their budget into that glorified trailer and the quality transfers off onto every episode.

On the contrary, I feel like they only put stuff that's been finished very early in the animation process

Maedhros

They can animate quite a bit. Murata can give them pointers of the character designs. Besides that, they could use One manga to continue, if it's succesfull.

Anyway, this is one really great year for animes.

Nightbird

So now we've got new Cast Infos:

sonic.jpg

The Ninja Sonic is being played by Yuuki Kaji (Attack on Titan's Eren, World Trigger's Osamu Mikumo)

tatsumaki.jpg

Aoi Y&#363;ki (Madoka Magica's Madoka, Sword Art Online II's Yuuki) as Tornado of Terror (Senritsu no Tatsumaki)

saitama.jpg

Our favorite Hero Saitama is being played by Makoto Furukawa (Aldnoah.Zero's Shigou Kakei, Golden Time's Banri Tada)

genos.jpg

Animes strongest Jobber Genos is being voiced by Kaito Ishikawa (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet's Ledo, Haikyu!!'s Tobio Kageyama)

Source, as usual, ANN

Not

Banned
Thanks for translating! Saw the character news on Twitter and was wondering what they said about sonic and tornado.

Nightbird

New Cast Members revealed!

The official website for the One-Punch Man television anime series announced five new cast members on Thursday. They are:

Y&#363;ichi Nakamura as License-less Rider (Fairy Tail's Grey, Valvrave the Liberator's Raiz&#333; Yamada)
Kazuhiro Yamaji as Silver Fang (Psycho-Pass' Jouji Saiga, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children's Cid)
Hiroki Yasumoto as King (Yowamushi Pedal's Kinj&#333;, Fairy Tail's Elfman)
Takahiro Sakurai as Zombieman (Magi's Ja'far, Tokyo Ghoul's Uta)
Katsuyuki Konishi as Tanktop Master (Hetalia's America, Fairy Tail's Laxus)

Source, as usual, ANN

Fuck Yeah License-less Rider!

I've loved the most recent chapters and I can't wait to see this animated.
Given the slow pace of the Manga, are we all expecting major filler?

I actually don't think that's a terrible idea in this case. Half the fun of OPM to me has been the incredibly stupid heroes of the association and since generally few of them are seen, they can have fun making up some really great stupid heroes.

Nightbird

Seems like Oktober is locked for our caped baldy! ;D

This year's 34th issue of Young Jump 34 confirmed on Thursday that the One-Punch Man television anime will premiere this October on TV Tokyo and other channels.

Usual Source

Not

Banned
Trailer looooooks good. Wish I understood Japanese better. All I got was "Sensei, oshietekudasai"

Someone sub this quick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom