• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man Manga Gets TV Anime (Madhouse, Shingo Natsume, Chikashi Kubota)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the premise not get boring?

I mean I haven't read the manga quite yet, but I can't imagine an invicible hero staying interesting for long

Coming from someone with a superman avatar? :p

It's a comedy mainly, a lot of the appeal (beyond the amazing art) is a genuinely fun cast of characters and the scenarios the invincible hero finds himself in. He's hilariously overpowered yes, but a core of the story is that the world around him simply hasn't caught on to that fact.

Turok_TTZ

Would prefer one's style than murata.
then again, blizzard of hell is a fine fox in murata's version. conflicted.

Is ONE getting proper dues?

Squishy3

Everyone's already proposed the actual solution for the people bitching about Murata.

Normal stuff is in ONE's style and then the action scenes are in Murata's style. It's that simple. Panty & Stocking it. Dumb silly style and then the art gets super good for when stuff gets serious.

Its looking like One Punch Man anime adaptation is gonna be done by Sunrise.

booth_sunrise_bandai_0225.jpg

Bandai Visual is the ones handling the promo video for the One Punch man anime at Anime Japan 2015

http://www.anime-japan.jp/en/exhibition/contents/

Fbh

Hope this gets a rather large budget.

The Manga has great art an amazing sense of motion during action scenes. It would be dissapointing of Gifs made from the manga look better than the actual Anime

Hope this gets a rather large budget.

The Manga has great art an amazing sense of motion during action scenes. It would be dissapointing of Gifs made from the manga look better than the actual Anime

Those gifs look better than like most anime in general.

Its like on that Berserk status where even if there was a beautiful looking anime, it'd be a shame not to read the manga also because of how good the art for the panels are.

Which one?

6a0a16895fca0ebce3eacwvy7v.gif

A couple years ago I saw this gif and was instantly sold on reading One Punch Man

To my surprise I found out that the artist who drew Eyeshield 21 was drawing OPM (too lazy to look up what he was doing currently)

Hoping the animation is decent when it counts (like AoT)
Regardless, just happy for more OPM!!

Alric

Thanks to this thread I just blew through 25 chapters and love it. It's so funny and great. The whole OP hero is done perfect and comically perfect here.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's really crazy when you think about it.
One Punch Man started as a crudely drawn webcomic (which is still ongoing), managed to get the attention of an acclaimed manga artist who painstakingly redrew the series with amazing detail (Based Murata), said manga also being officially translated by Viz for the new International Jump, and it's now getting an anime on national TV with a possible simulcast on Crunchyroll or Funimation.

That's impressive.

Qvoth

It's really crazy when you think about it.
One Punch Man started as a crudely drawn webcomic (which is still ongoing), managed to get the attention of an acclaimed manga artist who painstakingly redrew the series with amazing detail (Based Murata)

err i doubt it's that simple of a process
probably the company that bought the rights to publish the murata drawn version went to look for a few mangakas until they decided on murata

Not

Banned
It's a comedy mainly, a lot of the appeal (beyond the amazing art) is a genuinely fun cast of characters and the scenarios the invincible hero finds himself in. He's hilariously overpowered yes, but a core of the story is that the world around him simply hasn't caught on to that fact.

This. It's so funny watching everyone not care about him or not realize that he's the one that saves everyone all the time while others snag the credit. Only like three people know how powerful he is, and it's not because it's a secret, which is hilarious.

Nightbird

NastyBook

Why? This shit is monthly (at best), it'll be over in a flash. I hate that they don't let these guys finish their books before they get adapted.

Crocodile

The original webcomic is here.

You can see from the gifs on page 1 the difference in quality.

LOL that has to be some of the shittiest webcomic art I've ever seen. So I guess Murata was a fan and had enough free time that he decided "I like this but it looks like a 6th grader drew this, the comic deserves better"? I can assume this didn't take off until the redraws?

Whoa that's pretty soon! I'm not familiar with anime production schedules, but that's some pretty intense turnaround no?

NOT complaining

It depends when they started working on the show and how long its supposed to be (12-26 episodes). If they haven't already started then the show is probably doomed. If they started at the beginning of this year than things might be tight. If they started last year than that should give them ample time to work with - then its just matter WHO is actually working on it. I've heard someone namedrop BONES which would be fantastic if true (though a staff list is always more important than a studio name).

Nightbird

Shingo Natsume (Space Dandy, Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos) is directing the anime at Mad House (Summer Wars, Hunter x Hunter). Tomohiro Suzuki (Tiger and Bunny scripts, Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary) is in charge of the series scripts, and Chikashi Kubota (From the New World, Robotics;Notes) is designing the characters.

Source

So yeah, Madhouse got the Gig for OPM! This is a great choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom