• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man Manga Gets TV Anime (Madhouse, Shingo Natsume, Chikashi Kubota)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Shingo Natsume and Chikashi Kubota teaming up at Madhouse eh? I wonder how many Space Dandy animators they'll manage to get to join them. :)

Tizoc

Why? This shit is monthly (at best), it'll be over in a flash. I hate that they don't let these guys finish their books before they get adapted.

This is how anime adapatations have been done for decades, why do you think DBZ had so many fillers and now 2 episodes of One piece covers 1 chapter?

duckroll

I thought Shinichiro Watanabe was the director of SD? Or did he just come up with the idea?

Watanabe is the general director. Natsume is the director. It's not unusual for some shows to have a bigger name as a general director who supervises the overall project and handles top level stuff (varies depending on the production) and a more hands on but less well known director who handles the day to day production within the studio. In the case of Dandy, Watanabe was busy with checking and approving all the scripts, and overseeing stuff like the music and design work from the tons of contributors on the series. Natsume handled the storyboard checks and had more direct interactions with the episode directors and animators on the project.

Not

Banned
Watanabe is the general director. Natsume is the director. It's not unusual for some shows to have a bigger name as a general director who supervises the overall project and handles top level stuff (varies depending on the production) and a more hands on but less well known director who handles the day to day production within the studio. In the case of Dandy, Watanabe was busy with checking and approving all the scripts, and overseeing stuff like the music and design work from the tons of contributors on the series. Natsume handled the storyboard checks and had more direct interactions with the episode directors and animators on the project.

Gotcha.

I have high hopes for this. The manga (especially the first few volumes) is insane in the best way. FE, his origin with the lobster and the chin kid.

Anime Genos looks great
CAlkfOgUMAAE163.jpg:large
CAlkOEaUsAA3_F8.jpg:large

sn00zer

This is the only manga I have ever or will ever read.....such a fun concept. Would love a KickAss/ Kingsman style live action movie

B.O.O.M

How did I not know about this! So hyped!

Arslan anime is coming soon too! Anyone hyped for that too? Maybe I should make a thread about it to spread awareness or something..i love the manga

Madhouse is a great choice. Also love Space Dandy so Shnigo Natsume is another step in the right direction. Looks like we will avoid a disaster like Eyeshield 21.

yami4ct

I don't love the manga as much as some, but I certainly admire what it's going for. Definite a great choice for Madhouse, though. Can't wait to see what they do with it. Pretty much down for whatever that studio puts out at this point after Hunter x Hunter and Parasyte.

Hypron

The true stars of the manga is not him. It's the monsters and heroes.

Yeah. You do have a good number of proper fights because he's not the only character fighting. And every single Saitama fight is a pleasure to read. They range from hilarious to incredibly badass. And oftentimes both at the same time.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
From the name "One Punch Man", it sounds like exactly the kind of bad that Japan is really good at.

Not

Banned
holy fuck saitama looks too handsome lol
his dumb face mode doesn't look dumb enough as well

I dunno it looks to me like they're nailing that transition from realistic in serious scenes to derp in every other scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom