• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus 3 official: Snapdragon 820, 6GB of RAM, $399 with no invite necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Link.

Buy here.

Following a tidal wave of leaks over the past few weeks, the OnePlus 3 smartphone is now officially announced and available. The new phone, which can be purchased direct from OnePlus starting today, has a laundry list of high-end specifications combined with a price that undercuts other comparable phones by hundreds of dollars.

The highlight of the OnePlus 3 is the price: for $399, you can get an unlocked device that works with AT&T or T-Mobile (and their related MVNOs) and has the latest and greatest processor and specs. The 3 has Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 820 processor, 6GB of RAM, a 16-megapixel camera with optical stabilization, a fingerprint scanner, 64GB of storage, dual-SIM support, 3,000mAh battery, and a 5.5-inch AMOLED display. The screen is 1080p as opposed to the higher-res 2K displays on other phones, but OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei is confident that it’s just as good for the vast majority of smartphone uses.

3DTzfqz.jpg

Edit: Reviews:

Marques Brownlee video.
Engadget.
The Verge.

Tagyhag

Thought about getting it but I'll stick with my OPO for now and I'll just replace the battery. $400 is a wee bit much (As far as One Plus standards go)

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I've seen the OnePlus mentioned here and there... Are they really that great? I vaguely remember reading up on one briefly ages ago but quickly gave up after I saw some negative comments here. I've had an iPhone since the 3G, but I'm contemplating switching.

Does it have NFC this time?

According to the spec sheet yes, it does. Unlike the OnePlus 2, it also has a fast-charging technology as well. All this plus the AMOLED display, all aluminum uni-body design, and Snapdragon 820 SoC make it a pretty worthy upgrade over the OP2 imo.

Tagyhag

I've seen the OnePlus mentioned here and there... Are they really that great? I vaguely remember reading up on one briefly ages ago but quickly gave up after I saw some negative comments here. I've had an iPhone since the 3G, but I'm contemplating switching.

For the price, the specs are unbeatable.

I've had my One Plus One since Nov 2014 and I've had maybe....5 freezes in that year and a half.

My only problem is that my battery dies quickly now, but a new one costs less than $15.

mackattk

Wireless Charging? After having wireless charging capability on my Note 3.. I don't know if I can go back.

According to Verge video review it does have NFC.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I wish it didn't have a button on the face of it - would probably be a buy. My OnePlus One is still going strong.

Pejo

Might upgrade my OPO. I'm not having any problems with it, but the camera sucks ass, particularly in low light. Going to have to read some reviews for sure. My 2 big issues right now are battery life and camera.

Can't see myself moving off of Oneplus's phones. The bang for the buck is just insane.

Chris R

Man, shame it's 5.5 and not 5 :(

Awesome specs and price otherwise, hoping to see a nice counter to this from the Nexus line later this year, my 5 is getting OLD.

Hesemonni

Banned
Damn flagship race. Same phone with the newest 600 series snapdragon and 99,5% of the people wouldn't know the difference besides the extended battery life. Which makes the difference in real life usability.g

Shadow780

Only 64GB storage?

Still very tempting to upgrade from my OnePlus One, going to wait and see what Google has to offer this year.

Jonnax

Just a warning they've got terrible customer service.
The USB port on my OnePlus one broke in Feb.
It was under warranty but their repair company sent me a £200 invoice.
I contacted both of them and the repair company ignored me.
The OnePlus One people kept passing me around not reading my replies and instead kept pasting canned responses.

2 months later they sent me the repaired phone.

Both the front and rear cameras did not work.
It took 2 more weeks for me to get a replacement.

Jeffrey

Just a warning they've got terrible customer service.
The USB port on my OnePlus one broke in Feb.
It was under warranty but their repair company sent me a £200 invoice.
I contacted both of them and the repair company ignored me.
The OnePlus One people kept passing me around not reading my replies and instead kept pasting canned responses.

2 months later they sent me the repaired phone.

Both the front and rear cameras did not work.
It took 2 more weeks for me to get a replacement.

Sadly this is the risk you take from buying cheap chinese. Friend encountered similar issues with OPO, but ive had better luck.

curious if they are better now its been a few years?

this phone has more RAM than my laptop

has more than my surface pro 3 that I bought for $1000. crazy eh?

Lack of expandable storage is unfortunate but not terribly surprising (Nexus don't have it either). Also only a 1080p screen (can't believe I'm saying "only") but it's $400.

Hmm, I've been wanting a new phone. Coming from GalaxyS4, not sure what to get really. I have no attachment to Android and was thinking of 6s, the Galaxy 7. This seems like a good candidate though?

Flux

$519 in CAD. Not to bad a disparity all things considered. I don't know much of this line of phone. But I am looking to upgrade my Galaxy S5 since its battle-worn and slowing down since the recent OS update.

Would like to know about the camera, my friend has a One X and tbe camera for stills and video is poor.

Amazing price, £309 here.

Takuan

$519 in CAD. Not to bad a disparity all things considered. I don't know much of this line of phone. But I am looking to upgrade my Galaxy S5 since its battle-worn and slowing down since the recent OS update.

It's basically half the MSRP of an S7 Edge, which is pretty impressive. If my OPO was showing hints of age, I'd just buy one now. Since it hasn't, I can wait for initial user feedback and more colorways.

Matush

Is Essential bundle sold out for everybody, when I try to buy it with Plus3 it says that its sold out, yet on the site it says that it is in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom