• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus 3 official: Snapdragon 820, 6GB of RAM, $399 with no invite necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexlf

Huh, so just put in my order for the OP3 and it says it's an unpaid order... but the money came out of my account. Hope this gets fixed quick, and it's just an issue with all the traffic :(

Huh, so just put in my order for the OP3 and it says it's an unpaid order... but the money came out of my account. Hope this gets fixed quick, and it's just an issue with all the traffic :(

Mine was like that, I clicked the button on 'my orders' to make payment and it was confirmed after like 10 minutes, nothing extra taken out of my PayPal or anything.

So yeah, the OP3 should (hopefully) be with me by next Thursday. Any gaffers want impressions, ask me!

Alexlf

Mine was like that, I clicked the button on 'my orders' to make payment and it was confirmed after like 10 minutes, nothing extra taken out of my PayPal or anything.

So yeah, the OP3 should (hopefully) be with me by next Thursday. Any gaffers want impressions, ask me!

30 mins in, still no confirmation :(

Might be because I'm in Canada. Got a ticket open though, we'll see how that goes.

How has OnePlus been in regards to Android updates in the past? Will this phone come with Android N (or get it near B's official release)? Will it be upgraded to O later on?

Kyzer

Banned
Damn my Nexus 5 just started acting up too...how long does it take to get decent case options for this thing?

Takuan

Makes sure you won't have to buy a new flagship phone in 12 months because the manufacturer purposefully crippled it by only included 1 GB.

I'd wager the only reason my One is still usable is because of the 3GB memory they had the foresight to put in, combined with a bloat-free OS. 6GB will ensure the device runs smoothly for normal use for a few hardware iterations.

I wonder if CM or PA roms will see an increase in battery life, as 4hrs sot is pretty poor. Plenty of other phones out there with similar, or better, specs that are getting more than that (Note 5 and Mi5 spring to mind, both packing 3000mah batteries)

ss_lemonade

Looks like a dope phone, but never again. Wanted to love my OPO but after their touchscreen fiasco I'm way good on them.

Only experienced issues with ghost touches the first few months I was using my launch unit oneplus one. They fixed it with an update or 2, never had any touch problems after.

One of the more popular issues with the oneplus one though was the uneven tint with the display. I think it was a manufacturing defect. Not sure if they ever fixed that.

Takuan

Only experienced issues with ghost touches the first few months I was using my launch unit oneplus one. They fixed it with an update or 2, never had any touch problems after.

One of the more popular issues with the oneplus one though was the uneven tint with the display. I think it was a manufacturing defect. Not sure if they ever fixed that.

Yeah, QC is a legitimate concern and it won't hurt to play the waiting game - especially now that they've ditched the invite-only system. My friend had major hardware problems and wound up having to RMA it. His replacement didn't have any problems, but still, it's a pain in the ass.

The fact the review I read said they're launching with known software bugs is reason enough to wait for a stable OxyOS ROM before jumping in.

Am looking to upgrade from a galaxy s4, this price is very tempting. Should I wait for peoolr to use it for a few weeks before jumping in?

Also what does SOT mean with regards to battery life?

Alchemy

If the battery was bigger (fill in the back so theres no fucking camera bump jfc) I'd be seriously interested in this. I mostly want my next phone upgrade to give me significantly better SoT than the 4-4.5 hours I'm getting currently.

ItIsOkBro

My current phone has a 3000mah battery and it's okay, but thing being much more powerful / feature-heavy than my current phone makes 3000mah subpar.

I wish it didn't have a button on the face of it - would probably be a buy. My OnePlus One is still going strong.

My one complaint about my oneplus one is actually the lack of a physical home button. Can't tell you the amount of times I've returned to the home screen when I was just trying to press the spacebar (like in whatsapp or something).

Not gonna lie. I don't even know why I have an iPhone that costs double the price of this when all I do is use Whatsapp and browse the web.

Gaogaogao

how important is ram to a phone? it seems alot of good phones get by with half as much ram. would rather a lower price.

It's definitely an all rounder device, but it's also not very exciting at all. That could be a good thing depending on the person, but it certainly nothing special about it. The design is very similar to huewai phones + the iPhone 6/6s.

Reg

Banned
Probably a dumb question, but can I still install regular andriod apps to this Cyanogenmod version of android?

edit: seems to be OxygenOS now

how important is ram to a phone? it seems alot of good phones get by with half as much ram. would rather a lower price.
to android phones specifically? It's important as fuck. Though 6GB is easily overkill. 4GB is more than enough these days.

Probably a dumb question, but can I still install regular andriod apps to this Cyanogenmod version of android?
yes you can. Just look at it as any other OEM skin whether it be samsungs touchwiz or whatever LGs bullshit is called.

I will probably get one at the end of the month since the microphone in my beloved Lumia 1520 has broken and I need a new phone.

Going to miss the 6" screen but 5.5" isn't that bad.

Cake Boss

Banned
Any chance of a OnePlus X-2 happening this summer as well?

I am still rocking the One plus One, but would prefer a smaller phone than the flagship 5.5 phones.

If it had a bigger battery and maybe a SD slot I'd be seriously tempted.

But for now my oneplus one is still fine and will hold me till something exciting comes along.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
6GB? That's insane.

This certainly is a much better upgrade than the OP2, which was kinda underwhelming.

I still have my OPO, so I'm definitely not going to drop it any time soon.

Jonnax

Sadly this is the risk you take from buying cheap chinese. Friend encountered similar issues with OPO, but ive had better luck.

curious if they are better now its been a few years?

They're not better now because this happend to me in February 2016.
Honestly they don't give a damn and try their best to make you disappear through frustration.

For example, multiple people replied to me on the support ticket. Each different person would say the exact thing some had already said to me.

They could not even bother to read the ticket before sending me see crap.

friggin $399 phone with 6GB ram and laptop maker still charge $1000 for a 4GB 128GB configuration.

Thats fine, Chrome OS with Android App support will murder the laptop market.

But seriously, things are so deep you could buy a phone to actually use as a mini PC nowadays.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Sorry if this is a silly question, but can I get one of these in Canada? The quotes in the OP only mention American carriers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom