• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Only PS5 Design that matters

What is going to be the shape and color of the PS5?

• Cube

• Dual Toned

• VCR (rectangle)

• Tower

• White

• Black

• Oven

Results are only viewable after voting.
EWffoXIWoAYaMiC

rectangular design. A black & white design is extremely likely.
e4cc2752981873.59240216e4002.jpg

EWc2GDNWoAENaJo

My dual color tone take to the match controller (ignore the height)
8de90d52981873.5966dda3db36e.jpg

Designer: Minkyu Kim
3543a295307271.5e94a169a4287.jpg

EWfyy0pXgAsZyoi

I think the actual design will be a cube. A huge fan on the top is just easy cooling. Sony would just make the console a large cube so it doesnt look like a xsex. Cube shape might have marketing opportunities.
60905b64980915.5ae4c344c6365.jpeg

Here’s a tower design for you freaks. I think this has a zero possibility of happening. Next gen DualMove controllers tho.
9b42e260590873.5a533728a5520.jpg

dream. PSforGO.

Last edited:

Andahe

Neo Member
Top one is definitely my favorite. But overall I’m not super impressed by those designs. It’ll be great to see what Sony will settle on the design of the PS5

Shmunter

Top one has the industrial design aesthetic I associate with top tier. First mock up I’ve actually enjoyed.

Myths

Yeah....No thanks @ those designs in the OP.

Anyway, I’m hoping a black tower for a switch up but wouldn’t surprised by VCR.

I actually think it will be similar to the xSx

that sort of cooling solution in the patents needs hardcore cooling so it’s either gonna have a big ass noisy fan or it will have a design modelled around the cooling system

really hope they get it right this time

Vawn

Banned
It won't look like any of those. It will look more similar to the PS2-3-4. They have a slick new cooling tech so they can avoid the tower approach.

I do think it will be two toned in color, like the DualSense.

Last edited:
What is it with you guys with wanting your future PS5s to sound like roaring F-22s? Sure slim designs are cool but I'd much prefer a bigger design for the system not to overheat.
If Sony is making a Dual Heat Sink with a 3D stack... then its actually going to be very small. Probably a Cube. Maybe even the size of a mac mini. The patent isnt a off the shelf cool solution.

-Troid-

Banned
That PS1-like design is cool. I feel like the final design will probably be less inspired, because the PS1 look would be too perfect.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
It's going to be more white, black here and there, and blue on details

The shape is kinda with the Dreamcast and the Wii

Damigos

I like most of the concepts, especially the first 2 ones.
I am afraid though that we will all be disappointed and the final shape will be a lot simpler, like One X or XSX.
I am in favor though not of it being super beautiful but super efficient, cooling wise

Kdad

To those bitching about the design not taking cooling into consideration...its a mockup from over a year ago when PS1 anniversary was fresh and talk about PS5 and backwards compatibility was a thing. I quite like the design, it'll just needs to be 2x as thicc to cool it.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
SONY will give their best effort to the design of the console, even their handhelds, phones etc. are great looking. You should be worried about Nintendo or M$' designs lol

teezzy

Banned
Sleek and modern has never been my thing. That's likely why I've never seen the appeal of Apple products or IKEA furniture either.

Arkam

I am expecting something eye catching after the controller reveal. Probably the conventional formfactor but some dramatic/futuristic styling.

GodofWhimsy

My Jesus fuck the forced pessimism. just enjoy something you miserable cunts. Most of these designs are excellent in aesthetic design IMO. Much better than the boring boxes that these companies usually approve of. Not sure how they would perform in practice, but this is all fun speculation anyway.

Pallas

What is it with you guys with wanting your future PS5s to sound like roaring F-22s? Sure slim designs are cool but I'd much prefer a bigger design for the system not to overheat.

They will be the first to complain about it as well.

First one looks alright. I still believe it'll look like the XSX

Something like this, maybe but the disc placement seems like it’s in an awkward and weird position that kind of throws the entire console off aesthetically speaking.

DKVnAXr.jpg

Top Bottom