• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(ONM) Senran Kagura Burst is damaging the industry - here's how to stop it

Of all publications, I'd never expect ONM to even do this. I've read ONM since....heck very early 90's and this is BS.

1) Chris obviously hasn't played the game if the box art is anything to go by
2) If a female does have those body proportions, should she now be ashamed of herself?
3) Sex doesn't sell otherwise CoD would be the worst selling game of the year and Bayonetta/Lollipop Chainsaw would be making millions
4) I know females who play these games with this type of imagery and have no problem
5) I don't know a single dude that buys these games for fap material or as a way of judging females. Whenever they do appear, they're usually the sad Otaku that watches hentai.
6) I don't like censorship.

Probably taken this far too seriously, but this:
Senran Kagura is one of the worst types of game around. It's insulting to the intelligence of gamers, damaging to the reputation of the industry, and alienating and harmful to women (both inside and outside the gaming community and industry). So, do yourself, and the wider community a favour: don't read articles about its release. Try not to Youtube it. Avoid reviews. And certainly don't buy it.
is uncalled for.

Where's Chris Scullion or Chandra Nair to fix this? :(

Senran Kagura 2 will have dudes in it though.
HwvIaeW.jpg

HIS FEET! D:!

Phazon

Dat hyperbole from some media. I'll receive a digital copy very soon from Zen and I'll just see what the game is about. If the gameplay is horrible and it only focuses on girls, I'll give it a bad rating and explain the problem. If the gameplay is good however and the erotic part is also very well done, I don't see any reason to not recommend it to people who are interested in it.

gngf123

Yep, that Nintyfeed guy is continuing to be a prick. They have the right to cover what they want, but insulting people over Twitter probably isn't the best way of going about it.

At the very least, it is kind of entertaining to watch.

Anyone who refers to Nintendo as 'Ninty' really needs to look around and realise it isn't 1993 anymore.

Good luck clinging on the direction-less bandwagon that is this misguided crusade to save women and children from this supposedly abhorrent game (that your precious 'Ninty' has allowed to be published for use on their system).

Is there danger of this game getting pulled from the eShop? I haven't bought it yet because I'm waiting to see what/if there will be a preorder bonus to import from Europe, but if there's some kind of idiotic shitstorm brewing I'm probably gonna just download it...

gngf123

Is there danger of this game getting pulled from the eShop? I haven't bought it yet because I'm waiting to see what/if there will be a preorder bonus to import from Europe, but if there's some kind of idiotic shitstorm brewing I'm probably gonna just download it...

There shouldn't be any risk just because of a few idiots, but I guess you never know.

Oh good, some more.

rofl

I was wondering why this thread made front page again.

But why? I mean of all the stories people from the Nintendo camp wants to talk about, they decide to waste time on this? Sometimes I'm glad America lives in a bubble, so other people from other countries don't have to look inside. But more importantly, it's not like we can't get our reviews from some where else. They have to know this. All the internet yelling in the world can't prevent this.

The worst part of the situation is that it is a game that is really only selling because of the sexy stuff.

The game itself is absolute shit IMO. I have nothing against sexy anime girls and actually picked up a JP copy used back when there wasn't' too much to choose from on 3DS.

It just doesn't deserve the sales it gets. It is weird that they chose not to review it as it is pretty easy to tear apart lol..

MR20

Banned
All hail Life and Hometown!

Nice to see the game selling, (even though I have no interest in it) just to stick it to the people that complain about "oversexualization" and "objectifying".

The worst part of the situation is that it is a game that is really only selling because of the sexy stuff.

The game itself is absolute shit IMO. I have nothing against sexy anime girls and actually picked up a JP copy used back when there wasn't' too much to choose from on 3DS.

It just doesn't deserve the sales it gets. It is weird that they chose not to review it as it is pretty easy to tear apart lol..

Aside from framerate issues I have noticed the game is actually a pretty fun beat em up but to each their own of course.

meppi

I mentioned the game was at the top of their 3DS chart before but I don't think anyone could deny what caused the sudden rise in the all formats pre-orders chart, the game doesn't even release until the end of February....

Someone did say ShopTo was their only option for ordering from outside the UK or something, maybe I'm wrong.

At the time yes, but it's since available on amazon as well as others I'm sure.

Eusis

I noticed they haven't reviewed Shin Megami Tensei IV either. Wonder if that just passed their notice, they didn't get around to it yet, or if they are much more prudish than most outlets are. Most would at least review the game then scorn it for what it's doing, though I guess after the editorial that started this thread I can see the logic in going with no review rather than a scathing one. Though even that's backfiring with those Twitter posts...

EDIT: Wait, dating implies European. So they just didn't get the game yet then!

I like my games sexy but the battle systems looks rather... boring. I just hope it sells well because we need more of these kind of stuff. The ShopTo pic is a good sign.

Less blood, more tits, please.

gngf123

I noticed they haven't reviewed Shin Megami Tensei IV either. Wonder if that just passed their notice, they didn't get around to it yet, or if they are much more prudish than most outlets are. Most would at least review the game then scorn it for what it's doing, though I guess after the editorial that started this thread I can see the logic in going with no review rather than a scathing one. Though even that's backfiring with those Twitter posts...

EDIT: Wait, dating implies European. So they just didn't get the game yet then!

I wonder if they reviewed any of the Etrian Odyssey games.

EDIT: They did and they loved it. Nice.

But yeah, they seem to be European. Would explain both SMT IV and the timing on their Senran Kagura stuff.

EDIT: They have reviewed EO Untold though, we haven't gotten that in Europe yet.

Eusis

I wonder if they reviewed any of the Etrian Odyssey games.
Both, actually.

And admittedly SMTIV's offensive in (mostly) different ways than Senran Kagura anyway, the closest is tasteful on the female side generally, and... something else entirely on the male side. Mostly the religious angle could cause issue I'd imagine.

EDIT: And huh on EO:U. Maybe SMTIV was an issue afterall? Or they loved EOIV that much.

AFAIK, the SMT never really raised any issue in Europe, because of its religious content, or otherwise (no, not even Mara).

And an European release for EO:U is more or less set in stone, whereas SMTIV... seems more and more nebulous; I guess the sales of the core franchise (not Persona, then) in western countries are the real issue. Hence the discrepancy in the reviews, I'd guess. Maybe they will do one when the game seems ready to actually come out in Europe.

QaaQer

This only gives Japan a bad name, like used school girl panty vending machines and having to separate the sexes on trains during rush hour. Videogames will be OK.

Top Bottom