• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ONRUSH, a new arcade racer announced by Codemasters for PS4 and Xbox One

As revealed in the Paris Games Week event.

Official website with trailer here.

Nice to see a new arcade racer this gen, and one that looks as supercharged as the likes of Burnout Paradise, Motorstorm Apocalypse, PURE and Split/Second did last gen. I'm excited. This looks to be from the Codemasters team that's comprised of ex-Evolution staffers?

Anyone else excited for this?

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Interesting. I much prefer arcade racers over more simmy stuff so keeping my fingers crossed this turns out well.

EBreda

Loved Motorstorm and glad to know Rushy is in charge this time but trailer looked average for me. Camera angles and cuts made it look too wild for its on sake, everything was confusing and noisy.

I don't know, but it doesn't seem to scratch my Motorstorm itch.

Keihart

#notmotorstorm
Look great although the toy colored everything with normal color backgrounds looks kinda weird

Afrikan

This all I asked for. Next Gen Motorstorm. Hopefully they didn't change so much, what made the series great.

I'm Happy here! :D

stranno

Motorstorm 4? 3 came out...
The original trilogy + RC and Arctic Edge.

Arctic Edge is, in my opinion, the best of all. Fun, fast and tracks have the perfect wide.

A good modern clone of Motorstorm is Gameloft's Asphalt Xtreme (Android, iOS and UWP). It have some IAP crap but it can be finished without any problems.

Anyway, this looks way more PURE+BLUR than Motorstorm.

Shifty

Good to see something more arcadey, but the trailer was generic as all hell. It has that AAA focus-tested-to-death feel about it.

Will hold out for gameplay. Rocket League physics but with racing, perhaps?

So many compound fractures.

Reminds me of Steep.

Sebmugi

XeAQ7Tj.gif

Even if the first images are not really "amazing wow" I trust in evolution studio for the gameplay and technical part even after the release of the game .. I mean, when we see the driveclub weather ...oO

Plumpman

I was actually hoping this would be an official Motorstorm entry.
But Motorstorm devs + arcade racer will do just fine. Can't wait!

Whitecrow

Banned
I'll wait for reviews but... I wanna get this game. I know is just a budget title for the new team at Codemasters to start fresh, and I want all those people who worked on Driveclub (except the network engineer : / ) to keep doing great racing games. I really wanna support them.

Breakage

I heard it's like a destruction derby free-for-all ie there are no straightforward races. The ridiculously cluttered UI is off-putting. MotorStorm this is not.

MDSLKTR

Its Burnout takedown gameplay on motorstorm 1&2 maps. Wish it controlled more like the later. I'm absolutely getting it but not full price, wish it was budgeted.

Play and pause the start of this trailer - they talk about 'inspiration from Driveclub & Motorstorm'. Pause on a Driveclub frame and then on a Motorstorm frame - both look really great and then press play and watch Onrush reapprear. Holy shit, is this an X360 launch title or what?

orborborb

if you enjoy driving in a circle while waching numbers go up based on the random interactions of teammates with AI drivers have I got the game for you

Last edited:

Dibils2k

man this doesnt even have a release/review thread, i bought it cause i enjoyed the beta

abit worried now that the online will be empty lol i am also on Xbox which will be even less populated. i am hoping campaign is varied, the DF video certainly made it seem like you get alot of variety in locations which is great

Whitecrow

Banned
I dont have any money for games right now, but I'll get this as soon as I can. I dont have high expectations, but seems like i can be fun enough.

I really wanted to like this game, but the beta just didn't feel worth the full price compared to what else I could spend that on.

The modes mentioned in that video above that weren't in the beta sounds really cool. All the modes sound good on paper actually, just not as good in actual play.

Is there a review thread for this game yet?

Crash Landed - 5/5
If I could imagine the kind of game I’ve been waiting for within the genre, it’s OnRush. Quite a feat for a game that I wouldn’t even call a racer.

Whilst some may question the full price point, I can confidently say OnRush is worth every penny, offering an experience that is an adrenaline-filled rush that’ll keep you coming back for more. With a ton of customisation on offer, gameplay mechanics that are not only novel but finely tuned and a highly satisfying learning curve, OnRush manages to nail everything it tries its hand at.

If you’re at all interested in the genre, I highly recommend it. OnRush is something special

Twinfinite - 9/10
Onrush’s blend of classic arcade racing, stunning visuals, and online team-based shooter ideas make it unique enough to stand out even against the competition of old. It’s an unconventional idea, but it’s the most fun you’re likely to have with a racing game this generation.

Eurogamer - Recommended
Onrush is odd, upbeat and inventive - and once you've got your head into its peculiar rhythm, it's mostly excellent too.

Pushsquare - 7/10
Onrush is a chaotic arcade game that surprisingly comes together – even if there are question marks regarding its longevity. This brash vehicular experience draws inspiration from several different areas of the industry, but it reassembles them into something unusual and entertaining. A great online infrastructure means you can be in and out of the action in seconds, but the package could do with a little more meat on its bones to fully justify its price tag.

Top Bottom