• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ONRUSH, a new arcade racer announced by Codemasters for PS4 and Xbox One

drotahorror

I really wanted to like this game, but the beta just didn't feel worth the full price compared to what else I could spend that on.

The modes mentioned in that video above that weren't in the beta sounds really cool. All the modes sound good on paper actually, just not as good in actual play.

I thought the same thing but I wasted my money on Vampyr and Agony and now I regret not getting ONRUSH. I'm sure ONRUSH would have been way more entertaining the those 2 slogs I bought.

antyk

Is there no |OT| for it? :eek:

I really like what I see in the videos, would love to support ex-Evo team but I think $60 is too much for a game with - supposedly - shallow & short single-player appeal & no local / split-screen multiplayer :(

I kinda wish that Codemasters went for more of a stylised graphical style for this. Visually, it's just not doing much for me. I'm looking forward to checking it out though once it's dropped in price a bit. I've been starved for arcade racers this gen and I typically like whatever Codemasters put out.

Last edited:

Daymos

Exactly what I've been looking for! I've been playing alot of old n64 (arcade) racers over the past 6 months or so (excitebike, top gear rally, wave race, etc) really craving something like this for a modern console.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Anyone else feel this game is $30 dollars too expensive? I would like to pick it up, but not at 60.

MDSLKTR

Anyone else feel this game is $30 dollars too expensive? I would like to pick it up, but not at 60.
I want to support the Devs because motorstorm is my favorite racing series with wipeout, but I can't do that now when its at full price and e3 deals are close... If at least the 20% off Psn coupons were still live :(

-Xenokai-

Neo Member
Got this yesterday on xbox one x and wow, this may be the best online car combat game. Seriously the way it all works and keeps you in the game is very smart and works well.

antyk

I kinda wish that Codemasters went for more of a stylised graphical style for this. Visually, it's just not doing much for me. I'm looking forward to checking it out though once it's dropped in price a bit. I've been starved for arcade racers this gen and I typically like whatever Codemasters put out.

My thoughts exactly! It's like this weird mix of Driveclub's "realism" and Sunset Overdrive's cartoony, colorful & hip style. I really wished they went full on for the latter, which would suit the vibe of this game better.

Maybe not $30, but a mid-budget $40 (like Ratchet & Clank, for example) would be a sweet spot and a no-brainer purchase. As it is now, I'm waiting for new additions to the game* & price reduction.

* Codemasters confirmed over FB that local split-screen multiplier is not planned :(

Top Bottom