• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OpenEmu 2.0 released with 16 new systems (requires Mac OS X 10.11 or above)

T-0800

Need more info.

What happens to the other roms?
Does Openemu accept them into the list?
If so what happens when you click them?
Are they in the approval queue or are they just ignored?

Openemu accepts them but when I click on them the screen goes black for a second then the whole thing shuts down.

Ouroboros

I'm very interested in this but I can't seem to find where to up the internal resolutions....PSP looks horrid in full screen. I tried searching but came up short. Anyone know how to do this or can point me in the right direction?

Or is it flat out not possible yet?

Holy shit, this is how an emulator interface should be done. Just add the files and it knows what systems to put them with, and even updates with box art. So stupid simple to get up and working.

Finally got a chance to install it since upgrading to El Capitan. Love how everything looks, great interface.

Regarding master system emulation, which cores do you guys prefer, CrabEmu or TwoMbit?

Just plugged in the DS3 and it instantly worked, nothing else to do!

Gobbly

Banned
What's a decent USB controller to use on a Mac? Only really going to play games that require digital input so analogue is not necessary.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
What's a decent USB controller to use on a Mac? Only really going to play games that require digital input so analogue is not necessary.
PS4 controller. Plug and play. Or Bluetooth.

I usually buy USB versions of classic controllers, although I have a PS1 to USB adapter of my own.

Also are there any places that have like packs of recommended ROMs to download all at once.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Hoping someone can help me because I'm pulling my hair out.

I recently bought this Playstation 2 to USB converter, hoping to you it with OpenEmu.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0096PSFBG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

However, OpenEmu crashes whenever I have it plugged in and try to load a game or even try to enter the preferences.

Any ideas about what's going wrong?

Do I need a specific driver for getting everything working?

USB converters don't necessarily just work with everything. Especially on Mac. It's likely not compatible, it looks pretty cheap and cheerful.

nkarafo

OpenEmu is freaking beautiful and a joy to use. But it's too barebones for my tastes.

RetroArch is a much better/complete solution. But it's more power user oriented.

As a RetroArch user, the only thing i miss from OpenEmu is the superb control settings/option panels. Configuring the controls for each console is easy and smooth in OpenEmu and a nightmare in RetroArch, especially the N64 (i still can't figure out how to set it up again, seems i did mine by luck).

Edit: Oh, it was a bump

BearChair

Further research suggests this is a semi-known issue, but it was apparently "fixed" in 2013

https://github.com/OpenEmu/OpenEmu/issues/665

Unfortunately, I'm having the same issue as this person while using a very similar USB adaptor.

I reported it on OpenEmu's GitHub page, so hopefully there will be a fix.

Actually, it looks like GitHub has flagged my comment for some reason. What are other people using to get a PS2 controller working with OpenEmu?

Top Bottom