• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Opinion: Batman's New Game Deserves a Better Tease Than This

kretos

Banned
The studio remained quiet, with E3 2019 passing without any info, but in September of 2019, the WB Games Montreal account tweeted out a Batman Day tease, which was also just ahead of an announced State of Play from Sony, highlighting a series of new logos and the tagline “Capture the knight.”

Then...nothing. For months — until now, when the account tweeted out partial logo images to signal yet another logo for this unknown Batman game. If I didn’t know any better I’d say we’re as much in for a Batman emblem pin set as we are a proper new video game.
Why Constant Teasing Is More Tedious Than Tantalizing
And honestly, as a fan of the Batman: Arkham franchise? It’s a little exhausting. There’s no indication, especially given the sporadic timing of these two tweets, when a proper reveal will come. Inside Xboxes, States of Play, and The Game Awards have passed all without even a teaser, let alone a proper reveal.

Cravis

I'm at the point where I could care less. They're the B team anyways. They've had a game in development that was cancelled (Suicide Squad) and now it's taken ages for this to come together. Doesn't distill me with a lot of hope.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
If I remember correctly Origins had shit for marketing. On the other hand, Arkham Knight was spoiler culture for the most part. Lost it’s steam once people were announcing who the Arkham Knight was under Twitter feeds of the trailer. The marketing can sink to the bottom of the sea and rot for all I care. I just hope they deliver and it’s not a campy rehash of the previous game(s).

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I don't even have enough words to express my extreme displeasure of this probably the worst ever teaser campaign of all time in game industry.

Mista

Banned
At this point everyone knows it’s Batman. So the games they’re playing are lame and dogshit. Announce already, everybody knows it’s Batman ffs..

Holammer

Such coquettish teasing just gets boring and annoying. Same goes with Bluepoint Games Demon's souls cock teasing. Not to mention how Valve shit the bed with the drawn out countdown for what turned out to be Steam machines?

Hope is nextgen only
They won't send such a big IP to a new console generation (with a low install base) to die. They want 5-10M sales and they want them now.

spartan30gr

This game is marketing by sony definitetly.And this delay for wb montrealI,is because for a big event this year(Playstation meeting?)

Top Bottom