• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition |OT| Mourning Wood

Coxy100

Banned
Have to say I'm getting a bit frustrated the PC version is taking so long. Are we going to see it before E3? Before next year? What's going on?

Are you actually reading the thread or just jumping in and saying that? Just scroll up to post 455 above and hear from the developers mouth...

that was 6 days ago =/

We know... there's been another small delay. We'll have news soon, promised. I know these delays are annoying and we'd obviously love for all of you to be able to play the DE on your PCs already, but sometimes this stuff isn't in our hands. Bear with us, you'll be able to play it soon!

nynt9

We know... there's been another small delay. We'll have news soon, promised. I know these delays are annoying and we'd obviously love for all of you to be able to play the DE on your PCs already, but sometimes this stuff isn't in our hands. Bear with us, you'll be able to play it soon!

If we even had something like a date it would make the wait a lot easier...

hlhbk

I can't believe people are actually making excuses for this BS delay. 33 days? Keep digging your hole Microsoft.

mileS

Annoying but not about to blame the dev's for another delay. Esp when most of it is out of their hands.

Looking forward to it still

AHA-Lambda

Saw the bump and got excited.

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

The developer has said we're getting.a Steam (WIn32) version so we're probably OK. However, a game missing its release date by 40 days with no word on a new date is pretty irregular.

I know. Just implying that some certification process or development issue on MS's platform is delaying the Steam version since they won't release it on Steam first.

Thucydes

Neo Member
Every time I see this thread bumped I get excited. Then I view it's contents and see the lack of a PC release date and cry (not really...okay maybe really)

dLMN8R

We've had Gears of War, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Killer Instinct, and Quantum Break get relatively timely patches often released within days of each other. I don't know why anyone would jump to blame UWP over this.

epmode

We've had Gears of War, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Killer Instinct, and Quantum Break get relatively timely patches often released within days of each other. I don't know why anyone would jump to blame UWP over this.

The dev has said in this very thread that every release candidate requires certification from Microsoft. Takes a long time. So yeah, it's not technically a UWP thing, just a Microsoft thing.

I wonder if regular patches on the Win 10 store go through the same certification process.

I can't believe people are actually making excuses for this BS delay. 33 days? Keep digging your hole Microsoft.

What if....the game has issues on PC that need to be addressed?

Would you prefer a broken game at launch?

I think people have a right to be frustrated about the lack of communication though, which is probably out of Moon's hands.

MikeSan

Maybe the issue is the version for the Windows Store, if it's the case, forget it, and release the game on Steam.

I think that nobody (or almost nobody) will get mad at you for that. :D

Corpekata

Banned
What if....the game has issues on PC that need to be addressed?

Would you prefer a broken game at launch?

I think people have a right to be frustrated about the lack of communication though, which is probably out of Moon's hands.

I mean, the dev is in the thread saying they are waiting on MS only a few posts above you, so it having issues on PC isn't very likely the reason for the delays anymore. It was likely the cause at the start, but the last couple weeks have been them basically saying vague "we are waiting for the go ahead from MS" sort of stuff.

#EntitledGamers

Push back XBO release when it was ready just to placate PC gamers? Give me a break dude.

It's their loss cause I was excited to buy the upgrade of the steam version and jump back in but I've lost interest at this point. With my busy schedule, it's just not gonna happen.

So for me it's not about feeling entitled. I just think it's good for everyone if they release all versions at the same time and capitalize on the hype

mark_79

Banned
Cant wait to get my hands on this. Ori was hands down the best game of 2015.

By the way, didn't the developers say something about Ori memorabilia being available?

Coxy100

Banned
There'll be more news after this announcement, but can't say yet what it's about :)

Right now we're just happy everyone will get to play Ori on PC very, very soon! :)

If you guys make a physical edition (worldwide not just US...well at least the UK :)) then you will make me and many others a happy man / lady

Cant wait to get my hands on this. Ori was hands down the best game of 2015.

By the way, didn't the developers say something about Ori memorabilia being available?

There's a first batch of Merch available on our store here:

http://www.oriblindforestshop.com/store/

There's more coming! If you guys have more suggestions or stuff you'd wanna see, feel free to shoot us a mail at feedback @ moongamestudios.com

And we hear you on the physical release - It's something we're trying to figure out with Microsoft. We're honestly not sure if / when it's going to happen, but we're definitely listening and we're trying to make sure MS does too :)

We're all really proud of the Definitive Edition - Playing it on one of those sweet 21:9 monitors is just really cool and due to the delay, we also had some more time to optimize the hell out of it. I've been recently playing through it on a Surface Pro 4 and it works just fine now even if you don't have a dedicated GPU in your machine.

TBiddy

I just cleared the water tree level the other day. Took me a lot of tries, but I really didn't mind. Why? Because it was hard, but fair. It was down to my own lack of skills, that I didn't succeed. It wasn't poor controls, unfair placement of enemies or anything like that. Simply lack of skills.

I love it!

I just cleared the water tree level the other day. Took me a lot of tries, but I really didn't mind. Why? Because it was hard, but fair. It was down to my own lack of skills, that I didn't succeed. It wasn't poor controls, unfair placement of enemies or anything like that. Simply lack of skills.

I love it!

We made these sequences as a way of testing the players abilities as a sort of climax to an area. All things said and done, I think that choice was fairly divisive - some people tell us that they absolutely loved them, some people were so angry with us that they stopped playing Ori at that point... It's supposed to pack a punch in terms of challenge, but it's definitely a little sad to see that some people couldn't get over the little bump in difficulty.

I see it as a learning process - I'm using GAF and your guys feedback to understand what you liked / didn't like and that informs my thinking on this kinda stuff. We're currently already working on new projects and hopefully we'll deliver better and better stuff with every single game, so I really appreciate the response and the feedback we're getting, thanks a lot :)

Coxy100

Banned

We made these sequences as a way of testing the players abilities as a sort of climax to an area. All things said and done, I think that choice was fairly divisive - some people tell us that they absolutely loved them, some people were so angry with us that they stopped playing Ori at that point... It's supposed to pack a punch in terms of challenge, but it's definitely a little sad to see that some people couldn't get over the little bump in difficulty.

I see it as a learning process - I'm using GAF and your guys feedback to understand what you liked / didn't like and that informs my thinking on this kinda stuff. We're currently already working on new projects and hopefully we'll deliver better and better stuff with every single game, so I really appreciate the response and the feedback we're getting, thanks a lot :)
Personally the first time I played the 'escape' sequences I hated them - thinking it was too unfair etc. However playing them again on the definitive edition I suddenly loved them - like you say I was able to show how good I was now - and I found it a LOT easier than the first time and I actually enjoyed them.

Good luck with the physical edition - would love to see Ori on my shelf. It seems wrong not to have it there :( just convince microsoft of all the extra sales it would get from people who don't go near digital!

p.s. if you do an Ori 2 - please make it longer from when you get all of your powers / abilities. By the time you're at max 'level' in ori you've pretty much explored everything - would have loved some more time when I was maxed out.

TBiddy

I must admit, that I DID ragequit once. But yes, I did find a lot of angry people online, raging about that (and other) sequences. On the other hand, several people talked about these sequences, as kind of a learning experience, since you needed those skills later in the game.

All in all, I don't mind hard games, as long as they aren't unfair!

dLMN8R

My thread here is basically an unrelenting love note to the escape sequences.

mark_79

Banned
There's a first batch of Merch available on our store here:

http://www.oriblindforestshop.com/store/

There's more coming! If you guys have more suggestions or stuff you'd wanna see, feel free to shoot us a mail at feedback @ moongamestudios.com

Ooh thank you. I know what would be nice, a limited edition coffee table book featuring high resolution shots of some of the most beautiful scenes throughout the game.

I'd buy that in a flash.

Top Bottom