• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original Designers for The Elder Scrolls Are Making a New and "Massive Open-World Fantasy Adventure RPG"

niilokin

Really weird they didnt have any prototype for their game. I was involved in couple of school related game projects and everytime the first milestone to get a working proto/proof of concept was up after like a week and a half after the initial ideation phase. Sure their game scope was huge but having somekind of proto skeleton as soon as possible is a must as he even lamented about pitching without one. They lacked artists but could have easily bought store assets as placeholders.

Also concept art is cool but knights standing atop a mountain and have big landscape shotbis done to death and really tells jack shit about the game. IMO they should at lest have had handdrawn or photobashed mock up bullshots of what gameplay could look like.

Last edited:

nerdface

Banned
The fact that MS purchased Bethesda pretty much guarantees this game’s success.

Smart.

edit: is this an old thread?...game already canceled?...I guess I’m a business genius

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Just an update from September last year, for those that have missed it.

depositphotos_108435812-stock-photo-broken-into-pieces-of-red.jpg

Not totally unexpected though

Xenon

This pretty much ended up how I expected. Except I thought they would have actually created something before the project died. For all the shit people give Todd Howard, he was able to focus a bunch of creative people into a finished product. And they had to make tons of cuts despite having a huge development team. Here it looks like the strongest member of this team, Julian, was also its greatest liability. He didn't seem to want to compromise his vision even though they did not have the means to execute it.

Top Bottom