• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original NX Controller leak revealed fake by leaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, well isn't it still likely that the NX controller was supposed to be haptic buttons anyway though? This just confirmed the design to be fake, not the concept, right?

The patent the fake is based on is still real.

That doesn't mean that patent will be used for NX, though.

I wonder how the "Nintendo does the opposite of what I like so it must be real because it's dumb and I hate it" people rationalize getting played like a fiddle this way?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Thank goodness! I didn't want that controller to be real.

Huh, I got bamboozled. Well played.

Although it was kind of nice to have something to talk about with the NX. Now we're back to zero.

rardk64

It was too close to the patent and they wouldn't really be handing out prototype controllers would they?

I called this yesterday, based on it simply being too easy to fake. A leaker needs to show us something in a video for me to really believe...and even then, they could always build a fake themselves if they wanted to be that awful.

V2_EWSiKS2jMT3Hhlu4iiOp1XSGm_9-zDhuRgTzV0cgwfCG0Hld11FtJGgWdCQ=s506

jono51

Banned
No, its real, or it was. This was a tactical leak. The white one was a fake for "plausible deniability" reasons if it was poorly received (it was). The age of Nintendo is over.

disco

I always thought it was fake. The shine on the computer monitor stand to match the shine of the screen was too weird. Plus the white light reflection on the MacBook was too bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom