• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original NX Controller leak revealed fake by leaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Thank God this fake, based on a Nintendo patent (with pics), is fake. It was never likely that Nintendo would ever have made a console based on their patent. People can rest easy now.

Magusx

Wait but why is the design the same as the black new screenshots that we have seen?
Does he have a real one or what XD

wrowa

I don't know if I'm sad or relieved. A handheld with a huge screen like that (and preferably buttons) would still be pretty cool in my book.

udivision

Oh well, at least people had fun defending and attacking a potential stupid decision by Nintendo.

Maybe we can finally admit the controller made no sense?

Diffense

I don't know if I'm sad or relieved. A handheld with a huge screen like that (and preferably buttons) would still be pretty cool in my book.

Yeah. I liked the look and was OK without buttons. I'm indifferent because I would have been OK with it but I'm still excited to know what NX really is.

Joqu

You can't beat me to the punchline in this thread Scarl

nooooooo

HOW DARE YOU

i was first dammit

i was first

6MoHWLb.png

mario_O

He doesn't show in the video how he did the hanheld (the one from second pics).Looked really good. Elaborate fake.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Also like any nintendo hardware is running that unreal engine...

Actually, there are several indications about NX supporting UE4 from other sources who are...not this faker. Wow, it's insane how we got trolled.

javac

It's obvious that this was based off of those Nintendo patents so the concept itself along with the Sharp FFD screens still lives on...I guess?

RowdyReverb

watch the real NX controller turn out to be nearly identical but more of a rounded rectangle
I mean, it is clearly based on the real Nintendo patent, so it can't be that far off. If it was totally different, it might not be as strongly protected by the patent, right?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
It's a pity its not real. The actual reveal thread would have been glorious.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Thank God because this would have been the first Nintendo console I skipped if this was real.

Sandfox

I mean, it is clearly based on the real Nintendo patent, so it can't be that far off. If it was totally different, it might not be as strongly protected by the patent, right?

Them filing the patent doesn't necessarily mean its going to be used for the NX controller, if at all though.

ChaosXVI

I cannot believe that was a fake. I don't know what real life is anymore. My mind is completely blown.

Only a matter of time before the 2nd batch of pics are confirmed as crap as well I'm sure. Man we got played good.

My commitment to team fake did start to waver after the second round of pics and their convincing trees, but in the end my faith was rewarded.

Axass

The faker is a NeoGAF member judging by the dark theme.

Reveal yourself!

That's what I was thinking as well, get out here! We won't hate you, promise.

I especially love how people got the picture through many programs to see if it was shopped and the result was "no". Also heaps of people saying it would've been a physical fake and not some photoshop magic.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom