• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OS X Mavericks |OT| ... it's not called Liger :(

Deku Tree

I've just upgraded to Mavericks, finally.

I'm curious though, is there anyway I can change how Safari displays bookmarks similar to how it was with Safari 5? My bookmarks being in a sidebar is doing my fucking head in.

Yeah put them in the bookmarks bar.

Xun

How can you tell your computer isn't sleeping?
Because the computer is still whirring away, and the external hard drive no longer goes off either (I've taken it out to see if that was it, but no luck).

Before the light in front of the Mac Pro used to pulse, but it instead just stays on fully.

Skunkers

Ruh roh. Trouble in Mavericks beta town.

I connected my iPhone to my Mac to update it to iOS 7.1.2 before iOS 8 releases tonight, midway through the update iTunes crashed. The phone now displays the “connect to iTunes” screen even after a hard restart, and meanwhile on the Mac iTunes crashes on launch if the phone is connected. If I reboot the computer, then iTunes can open without immediately crashing but still crashes once again as soon as it tries to resume the update/sync. The iPhone is essentially bricked unless i can resolve this.

Edit: Solved. Used a program called TinyUmbrella to kick my phone out of recovery mode. Reinstalled the update over wifi rather than letting iTunes get it's claws in again. Apparently after some more research online, the current beta of iTunes in the Mavericks public beta crashes if ANY device in recovery mode is connected. Pretty glaring bug IMO, but I guess that's what we get for playing with beta software. I decided I won't risk using the iOS8 GM ipsw since iTunes tried to bone me one already with an update; I guess I'll just wait for the release with everybody else.

Xun

Since I updated Safari to 7.1 opening images displays them centrally on the screen.

It's not a big issue, but I just wondered if there's a way to revert it back?

kuppy

Oh, they added center images now, huh, had a script for that before.

Since I updated Safari to 7.1 opening images displays them centrally on the screen.

It's not a big issue, but I just wondered if there's a way to revert it back?
Here, this is how images get displayed on the top left again:
Code:
html > body > img:first-child:last-of-type { display: block; float: left; }
(modified code from here)

Sadly I never figured out how to vertically align this way.

Xun

Oh, they added center images now, huh, had a script for that before.

Here, this is how images get displayed on the top left again:
Code:
html > body > img:first-child:last-of-type { display: block; float: left; }
(modified code from here)

Sadly I never figured out how to vertically align this way.
Thanks dude!

Also another quick question, but has Google on Safari started acting funny for anyone else recently?

Whenever I click a link it quickly links to another Google address before redirecting to what I wanted.

It's driving me fucking insane.

kehs

Banned
So I can't output through hdmi from my mac air after the last update from a few days ago. wtf.

Anyone else seeing this?

Top Bottom