• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Otomedius Excellent US Date PLUS Special Edition > Xbox 360 > July 19th

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's Konami's piss-poor attempt to service the bullet-hell fans - it lacks the charm of the Parodius series.

Well, I can't say it wasn't expected. The good part of this is that it won't interfere with August since I'm moving and have to pay rent for 2 apartments that month.

EDIT to avoid double-posting: even more interesting, the release date was moved UP a week to Sept 23. At least it's a good sign that they're actually going to release it this time.

Theonik

I remember this game from Konami's Legendary 2010 E3. I was surprised it wasn't released yet, but it was moved back again? Damn.

DasRaven

Am I desperate enough for a Gradius game that I'll buy this?
*shakes magic 8-ball* ... "Signs point to yes"

If this gets Konami to release an XBLA/PSN version of Gradius V, it'll all be worth it.

Can anyone who attended Comic-Con confirm the delays are a result of Microsoft rejecting the game? That new 50,000 minimum print run restriction will probably bite this game in the ass.

Ramune

I haven't gone to Comic-Con, but the latest murmurs are that the game is all done, it's stuck in Microsoft approval hell. So it hasn't been Konami, but Microsoft at fault for all these delays. It'll ship as soon as it's approved. I can't see why this game, that doesn't hold a candle to the likes of say Agarest War, can't get an approval. o_O

Az987

all good things
I was flipping through one of my newer Official Xbox magazine's and noticed they had a review for this.

They give it a 5/10

I was surprised they had a review because I knew it was delayed.

Az987 said:
I was flipping through one of my newer Official Xbox magazine's and noticed they had a review for this.

They give it a 5/10

I was surprised they had a review because I knew it was delayed.

Not surprised, the game looks like shit.

Bring back Parodius :mad:

So did anyone else happen to see that Amazon is now listing this as a November 1 release? I've yet to get an email but I sometimes check the item pages just to see if the price has dropped on an item I've preordered.

hikarutilmitt said:
So did anyone else happen to see that Amazon is now listing this as a November 1 release? I've yet to get an email but I sometimes check the item pages just to see if the price has dropped on an item I've preordered.

Nope, but I'm expecting more delays.

We've had what - three delays so far? lolol

Please don't release this during the rush of Dudebro pablum that will annihilate it in sales. Not that I'm expecting this game to do well in the US market place, but releasing it against the dudebro onslaught will not be pretty.

See - this is what happens whenever I get interested in a shmup. It gets delayed, delayed, delayed. Same thing happened back when I was looking forward to Raystorm. :(

d0c_zaius

after e3 I was severely disappointed. Even the Konami guy at the booth had this "wtf" look on his face when he watched the game.

As an old school parodius/gradius fan, I am :(

Dambrosi

Banned
Speaking of Parodius for a second...has anyone here ever heard of Chatting Parodius? I hadn't, until I saw a Parodius feature in the latest issue of RETRO! (a rather large magazine compilation of all GamesTM's retro features for the previous year) that mentioned it.

On topic, odd that MS approval should be delaying this game in the West. I guess, after Gal-Gun, they just got tired of "all that animu bullshit", as it were. Not American enough, dammit! :p Joking aside, it's probably the new 50k minimum print run quota delaying things - I mean, is it now worth it to Konami to even release it, knowing it won't sell through its minimum shipment? It may be best to just convert it into a GoD game and call it a day.

hikarutilmitt said:
Oh man, Microsoft's mandatory 50k print run restriction is kicking this game's ass. I wonder if it'll even get a retail release.

Dambrosi said:
Speaking of Parodius for a second...has anyone here ever heard of Chatting Parodius? I hadn't, until I saw a Parodius feature in the latest issue of RETRO! (a rather large magazine compilation of all GamesTM's retro features for the previous year) that mentioned it.

On topic, odd that MS approval should be delaying this game in the West. I guess, after Gal-Gun, they just got tired of "all that animu bullshit", as it were. Not American enough, dammit! :p Joking aside, it's probably the new 50k minimum print run quota delaying things - I mean, is it now worth it to Konami to even release it, knowing it won't sell through its minimum shipment? It may be best to just convert it into a GoD game and call it a day.

I actually own the Saturn versions of "Chatting" and Sexy Parodius. I also managed to pick up Parodius GB a month or two ago at a toy show.

hikarutilmitt said:

I noticed the other day that Gamefly moved this to 11/3/11.

Dambrosi

Banned
hikarutilmitt said:
I actually own the Saturn versions of "Chatting" and Sexy Parodius. I also managed to pick up Parodius GB a month or two ago at a toy show.
You own Chatting? I only own Sexy myself. What's Chatting like?

Or are we talking about Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius? If so, what are your thoughts? I got slightly annoyed by the old man narration towards the end, if I must confess.

ghibli99

Everything I see points to this being a pretty terrible game, and yet I felt compelled to preorder the LE anyway.

Shooter fan DNA's a bitch.

ghibli99 said:
Everything I see points to this being a pretty terrible game, and yet I felt compelled to preorder the LE. Shooter fan DNA's a bitch.
Oh man, this is what I'm like with Diablo/Gauntlet type games.

I was looking forward to getting this in the mail this month :\

Dambrosi

Banned
ghibli99 said:
Everything I see points to this being a pretty terrible game, and yet I felt compelled to preorder the LE anyway.

Shooter fan DNA's a bitch.
Have you bought Trouble Witches Neo or Strania yet? If not, buy those first.

ghibli99

Dambrosi said:
Have you bought Trouble Witches Neo or Strania yet? If not, buy those first.
I have TWN, but how the hell did I go completely unaware of this G.rev shooter? :( Hell, I just played Border Down a few weeks ago. Alright, now I have *two* shooters to buy tonight (this and RSG). Thanks!

ghibli99 said:
I have TWN, but how the hell did I go completely unaware of this G.rev shooter? :( Hell, I just played Border Down a few weeks ago. Alright, now I have *two* shooters to buy tonight (this and RSG). Thanks!
Strania is XBLA GOTY.

This reminds me of Konami's run-in with the Castlevania Harmony of Despair DLC last year. All of that DLC was delayed for months because of Microsoft and that hurt profits bigtime.

Didn't even know this game existed until I noticed this thread. I watched a trailer and it looked rad, so I placed a pre-order! Hopefully it doesn't get delayed again, though

Dambrosi said:
You own Chatting? I only own Sexy myself. What's Chatting like?

Or are we talking about Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius? If so, what are your thoughts? I got slightly annoyed by the old man narration towards the end, if I must confess.

JO Parodius is, indeed, "Chatting" Parodius. The game itself has a lot of characters, though I tend to stick to VV or Sue when playing. I still haven't played enough to get Kid Dracula open, though.

Probably the best part of the Saturn and PSone ports is that you can turn the announcer off. I know he's there for a reason and it's part of the charm (and point of the title!) but he does grate on one's nerves after a while.

If MS is serious about this 50k printrun they should at least make Games on Demand a more viable option. The average 2D shooter requires a blessing from the Gods to sell 50k.

I still have no idea how Deathsmiles 2X got through. It'd be nice if Cave shared their secrets on that one(especially since it's a straight port with zero localization work done).

IIRC if you do two players in JO Parodius you get a male and female announcer and they interact with one another. It's awesome.

This thing is never coming, is it...
Amazon.ca said:
We wanted to let you know there's a delay with one or more items in the order you placed on July 03 2011.

"Otomedius Excellent"
Estimated ship date: November 04 2011
Another 2 week push.

Galdelico

AlphaTwo00 said:
This thing is never coming, is it...
Another 2 week push.
Seems like the european release of Raiden Fighters Aces: now it's delayed til the end of 2011, but I genuinely believe we are never gonna see it round here.

Top Bottom