• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast PS4 |OT|

BffOrK_CcAASfrQ.jpg

bp50nxr.png

For a limited time, Playstation Plus subscribers will be able to get the game for free.

Release Date – February 4(NA)-5(EU), 2014
Developer – Red Barrels
Genre – Survival-Horror
Platform – PS4
Resolution – 1080p
Framerate – 60fps

In the remote mountains of Colorado, horrors wait inside Mount Massive Asylum. A long-abandoned home for the mentally ill, recently re-opened by the "research and charity" branch of the transnational Murkoff Corporation, has been operating in strict secrecy... until now.

Acting on a tip from an inside source, independent journalist Miles Upshur breaks into the facility, and what he discovers walks a terrifying line between science and religion, nature and something else entirely. Once inside, his only hope of escape lies with the terrible truth at the heart of Mount Massive.

http://redbarrelsgames.com/games.php

Reviews

Escapist - 9/10
One of 2013's best games, Outlast deserves success in 2014 as a PlayStation 4 release. Disturbing and macabre, sometimes to the extreme, this is one of the best horror games to grace the world in a long time.

PSM UK 8/10
Somewhat limited by its own mechanics this is still a masterclass in videogame horror. The overuse of its core ‘run away and hide gameplay’ lessens the impact overtime but the visual and aural execution are flawless, making for a terrifying opening few hours, an unpleasantly distressing close and a satisfying exercise in fear throughout.

If the OT misses anything, feel free to point it out.

Dahaka

It was good and well worth the money on PC though it relies too much on jumpscares. I prefer the horror that creeps into me with buildup of tension and terror even though I often have a very hard time to sit through these for a long run.

ced

I'm new to PS+, but why does it show as $20 for me on the web store? I thought I could set it to download from the web.

Nymphae

Banned
Nice I was waiting for this to drop all weekend. I have it on Steam but I really wanted to play this on PS4, can't wait to download tonight!

kinggroin

Banned
Consider the lack of 3d support a favor for you guys. Worst mistake of my gaming life was playing with that enabled.

OneUh8

Been waiting patiently to play this. Did not get this on PC, and once they announced this for PS4, I decided to hold out. Going to be playing this in the dark with headphones. :O

Surprised at all the balking over the "scary" factor. I thought horror games were pretty mainstream these days?

Patrick Klepek wrote an article recently about how there are a lot of people that like watching Let's Play videos of horror games but they don't actually want to play them on their own because they're too scary.

Cudder

It's has the "Free" tag on it now, but it still charges you in your cart. Same deal as with Don't Starve. Just a little longer..

Hm not sure I want to play this. I've already watched a full playthrough on twitch a while back when it released on PC so I already know what to expect.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet, can't wait to play this. I've heard mixed feelings about the game, but otherwise, I know pretty much nothing about it. I haven't played a horror game since Resident Evil 2, lol.

Top Bottom