• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast PS4 |OT|

Cudder

I just clicked on the PS Store link in the What's New section on PS4 (The ad that talks about the February PS+ games) and it made Outlast free. Downloading now.

ThisOne

Looking forward to getting it today. Between this, Don't Starve and Resogun, Sony is really delivering good content on PS+.

As a fan of jump scares when used properly, I adore this game.

Jump scares are totally cool with me when the thing making me jump is due to something really fucking scary coming out of nowhere after the tension and eeriness and atmosphere of the game has got me edgy and freaked out and tense as all hell. People ignore everything that comes before the jump scare all too often and call it cheap when the entire time they've been preparing you for the scare by getting you in the right mood for it (read: terrified waiting for the next one due to the sounds and lack of vision and music and everything leading up to it).

Game is fantastic. Had to play in a couple sittings because I was way too damn strung out.

anybody else having problems logging in?

Ive tried on my phone app and on my computer but it keeps saying there was an error signing in. I am at work so I cant check my ps4.

EDIT: That Wont Fit In There beat me to it, yup I am having issues.

Oppo

Oh shit, this is today?

right on. this wasn't on my radar until very recently. nice surprise.

where's my download initiation device Vita

dmr87

Played through it on PC, gets a bit tired towards the end when you know how the game works but it's good overall.

Looking forward to reading your impressions.

Patrick Klepek wrote an article recently about how there are a lot of people that like watching Let's Play videos of horror games but they don't actually want to play them on their own because they're too scary.

Huh. I had no idea. Amnesia was so popular here on GAF that I thought FEAR, Dead Space, Condemned, etc etc must have warmed people up to the genre.

Born2Live

Hmmm. Looking forward to playing this on Friday lights turned off headphones on and scaring myself poopless.

I know nothing about this game but if it's scary I'm in.

Jackpot

Banned
OP forgot this gif.

outlastnopewka8h.gif

Vizzeh

Banned
Any particular reason why this is out tomorrow for the EU? as far as I remember PSStore has always updated on the tuesday? Perhaps the size of the download.

-griffy-

Banned
not to diminish your joy, but.. this isn't a multi game, wouldn't any good pair of headphones do the trick?

Regardless of if it is multi or single player, it still has surround sound that the Pulse headsets will utilize with their surround modes, whereas any random pair of headphones would only be outputting a stereo signal.

Oppo

Regardless of if it is multi or single player, it still has surround sound that the Pulse headsets will utilize with their surround modes, whereas any random pair of headphones would only be outputting a stereo signal.

ah, good point. i forgot about the game modes.

Top Bottom