• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast PS4 |OT|

I have died 35 times here .The guy always catches me after I hit the second generator and go out the room .Pissed already.

Hide after every switch you hit, wait for him to leave the room and watch for which way he goes, then go to the opposite room. And if he chases you just lose him in the maze and hide again until he's gone.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I already activated the first two switches and I am also able to go the third. But when I try to return to the generator in the end, the enemy always waits on the half way.

I tried to draw it in paint... I hope it helps to describe it better ;)

dnvyEez.jpg

I already activated the first two switches and I am also able to go the third. But when I try to return to the generator in the end, the enemy always waits on the half way.

I tried to draw it in paint... I hope it helps to describe it better ;)

dnvyEez.jpg

If you can't hide/he won't move from blocking you, have him chase you into the third room where there's more space to maneuver around him and run past him and shut the door on him. Then you can just sprint for the generator switch and hightail it back upstairs because he will be busy busting down the door.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
If you can't hide/he won't move from blocking you, have him chase you into the third room where there's more space to maneuver around him and run past him and shut the door on him. Then you can just sprint for the generator switch and hightail it back upstairs because he will be busy busting down the door.

Thanks, I will try it later.

Didn't like the final bits of the game. It wasn't terrible, but it failed to capture the tension and suspense it held up until then. It was also a bit corny, but I guess that is another issue. Still, a fantastic game with just a slip up at the end. Damn I loved it. Great take on first person perspective and the use of audio as well. No weapons is also the way to go.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
I am on the same spot, too... Cant progress, because after pressing the third switch, the one enemy is always in the middle of the way and dont let me pass to enter the flooded area with the generator. Is there something I need to do to enter the area again? If you dont know, which area I mean, I can draw something, if you want.

Beside that, the game is absolut terror. Cant play more than 30 minutes in a row, before it all gets to much. Never feelt something like this about a game since a long time.

Sprint. I just played for the first time.

1) I screamed like a girl in the beginning at a certain part.
2). The generator was kind if annoying. But just sprint past

Jesb

I am on the same spot, too... Cant progress, because after pressing the third switch, the one enemy is always in the middle of the way and dont let me pass to enter the flooded area with the generator. Is there something I need to do to enter the area again? If you dont know, which area I mean, I can draw something, if you want.

Beside that, the game is absolut terror. Cant play more than 30 minutes in a row, before it all gets to much. Never feelt something like this about a game since a long time.

This is where I'm stuck. I keep getting found and got sick of dying and gave up. I stopped playing it after that. Might need to watch a youtube to see exactly what to do here.

TMC

I really enjoyed this game. Beating it on insane made my heart race several times. I remember being so nervous on the last area just hoping that I wouldn't somehow mess up when I was running away from The Walrider. Definitely looking forward to the DLC.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Just finished it. Great game. Wonder if they bring something new to the table with the whistleblower DLC though.

I kind of hope they use less of the night vision camera. I always found the game creepier when it wasn't completely dark and they used lighting to set the mood.

I really enjoyed this game. Beating it on insane made my heart race several times. I remember being so nervous on the last area just hoping that I wouldn't somehow mess up when I was running away from The Walrider. Definitely looking forward to the DLC.

The worst part of insane mode is that you can die in one hit from Chris and the Doc. Doing the whole Trager section again was horrible. Well done for beating it on insane though. It's such a relief when it's over lol

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This is where I'm stuck. I keep getting found and got sick of dying and gave up. I stopped playing it after that. Might need to watch a youtube to see exactly what to do here.

With a lot of luck I beat this area. I really dont know exactly, how I did it, but I think I was just lucky with the path the enemy was walking. He even killed me after starting the generator, but at this time I reached the savepoint.

Beat the game yesterday, too. Beside one or two frustrating moments it was a awesome trip. I am really looking forward to play the Whistleblower DLC.

RedAssedApe

Banned
forgot to ask.

is anyone playing this using a 5.1/7.1 headset or receiver connected via optical. my audio seemed to cut out a lot at certain points of the game. audio drop-outs, popping, etc. did any of you guys experience the same or is it my headset? (skullcandy plyr1)

Ricker

Tried to get back in this game last night...I stopped very early on when it released because I kept dying at the generator part...now at the start of the checkpoint,I have no night vison at all..? I found 2 batteries but hitting triangle does nothing...so its pitch black,I cant see anything unless I am 2 inches from a wall or whatever...shouldnt I always have night vision at least...I hit R3 and nothing happens...is the save glitched...? its impossible to play right now,I raised the gamma in game as high as it gets...

just finished this game, wow what a treat, went in not knowing anything about the game since i got for free anyways but the run/hide and seek gameplay was really great.

def' picking up the DLC side story whenever it drops.

Well done Red Barrell!

protonion

I've been wondering...
I got the game for free with plus. If I buy the dlc and plus expires do I lose access to it? Or just the main game?

WarpathDC

Awe man, This should be interesting to play around 2am with all the lights out...

I bought Daylight despite the negative reviews hoping to get another small piece of the awesomeness of Outlast
and I'm a stereoscopic3d whore
. Should have waited for whistleblower

Whistleblower trailer. With Daylight getting bad reviews I think I'll probably be picking this up. Hopefully there is resolution to the original game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aMJB6BDX4w

Excellent! I had no idea it was coming out so soon. My favorite part of the first game was going through all the different environments in the asylum, and this DLC looks to have just as much varied and detailed (and horrifying) places to explore.

Ricker

My problem still stands...stuck at the awful generator part with no night vision(save glitch)...guess I will restart the game but I wasn't really impressed with what I played so I might just forget this game exists...

I posted this in the whistleblower OT too, but what would you guys think of an Outlast screenshot contest or thread like the ones for Infamous:Second Son? The game is really well suited for one with no HUD and brilliant art assets and lighting, and I've already taken a bunch of great shots and I've seen some other people's stuff that's awesome as well.

I posted this in the whistleblower OT too, but what would you guys think of an Outlast screenshot contest or thread like the ones for Infamous:Second Son? The game is really well suited for one with no HUD and brilliant art assets and lighting, and I've already taken a bunch of great shots and I've seen some other people's stuff that's awesome as well.

I'd be down. I thought the game had a lot of moments with some neat composition and lighting

sorry typed in the wrong message lol.

Im still trying to get through the sewer. No batteries left :(

Yikes, that is not a good spot to run out in...

Does anybody know what you're supposed to do if you run out? Will he game spawn more batteries near you? I've only played on normal so Ive never actually run out (although Whistleblower seems to give you less so far)

30IR

Banned
This was one of the scariest games I've ever played. Finished it .. played several sessions at night with the lights out and volume turned up. my goodness! It is horrifying..

I have to say though that this game has one of the best sound designs ever.... the atmosphere in the game.. with no weapons etc.. was just epic..

The ending was atrocious though IMO..

Not sure if I'll get the DLC. hmm...:)

This was one of the scariest games I've ever played. Finished it .. played several sessions at night with the lights out and volume turned up. my goodness! It is horrifying..

I have to say though that this game has one of the best sound designs ever.... the atmosphere in the game.. with no weapons etc.. was just epic..

The ending was atrocious though IMO..

Not sure if I'll get the DLC. hmm...:)

I haven't beaten the DLC yet, but so far it's great, and the impressions from those who have beaten it all say it's great. Scarier and tighter than the original game, with a much better story/ending, but doesn't deviate from the formula too much. So basically, if you want more Outlast get the DLC. It already made me shit myself a couple times.

Jubern

I just got a PS4 and starting playing this last night. I played for about 15 minutes, then did start > save, only to notice there was already an auto-save from like 2 minutes ago, so I quit the game.

Fast forward to this evening... No save or anything. Is the game glitched or did I do something wrong? Is there something specific to do in order to save?

Fady K

Not a glitch bro, best way to save is to rely on the "auto-save" at the game's checkpoints (don't worry there are saves like in every 10-15 minutes of gameplay). As for the manual save, not sure what this is for.

Jubern

Thanks. I still don't understand why my save from yesterday disappeared though, hope it won't happen further in the game >_>

Fady K

You're most welcome Jubern. I am thinking that may have happened due to not reaching the first checkpoint yet. Look out for the word "saving" on the bottom left, it'll flash when it is happening.

Hope you enjoy the game. I'm going through the DLC at the moment and while the game can be horribly disgusting at times, the game is brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

Enjoy the ride! Try playing with headphones if you can, makes it *much* scarier :/ You also get to hear the brilliant sound effects better that way.

I got this during the e3 sale and decided to try it out late last night. I don't know if I'm going to be able to play this game! I'm still at the beginning,
like right after the library
, but opening that door made me yell out "OH HELL NAW!" And I know that's just the beginning. The little I played also gave me a nightmare for the first time in 20 years lol!

someday

Banned
I got this during the e3 sale and decided to try it out late last night. I don't know if I'm going to be able to play this game! I'm still at the beginning,
like right after the library
, but opening that door made me yell out "OH HELL NAW!" And I know that's just the beginning. The little I played also gave me a nightmare for the first time in 20 years lol!

Lol, that is right where I stopped playing.

Top Bottom