• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders is currently #1 Top Paid game on Xbox Store

DaGwaphics

There is a top paid games section, a top free games section and a most played section.

The most Played is by hours and Unique Users.

Top paid and top free are revenue.

Maybe top paid is by units? I notice that, just like the steam list, heavily discounted games will pop on there. Would seem like a game at $3.99 would be hard pressed to match revenue numbers with something selling at $40-$50. Or maybe it's percentage of change over a certain period or something. 🤷‍♂️

Vaelka

Sometimes all that matters for a game is to be fun. Its as simple as that.

I wish more games were fun and not generic lol.
Not saying that it's not fun, but when I look at gameplay footage it looks so bland and like every game ever and people keep buying them. They may as well use the same assets it has become hard to even tell them apart from each other at this point.

What makes it especially sad is that they did develop a less generic game before with Bulletstorm that was a lot of fun.
On top of that too we don't really have or get games like that anymore it feels like, it would've been welcome and fresh imo.

Again not saying it's not fun, but it's sorta like with movies too so much of it is so uninspired, generic and repetitive.
You can still enjoy it but I am just kinda at the point where I find it depressing most of the time.
As a game dev I'd just be bored out of my mind working on the same shit as everyone else.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Thanks man, it’s interesting to get some info from another person in a small country. You don’t have any problems with english that’s for sure! We never get local subs in Sweden, except in Minecraft. I can’t speak english, only write, takes awhile just to write a post like this. But as long as the games have english subtitles it’s okay, unless the text moves too fast.
Small country issues lol 😋

Do you get subs in PS games and Ubisoft games? And probably Square Enix those seem to care about potential buyers that don't understand English. Of course famous games like Genshin and Fortnite are fully Arabic as well, Ubisoft has a branch in Abu Dhabi, UAE.

Fredrik

Do you get subs in PS games and Ubisoft games? And probably Square Enix those seem to care about potential buyers that don't understand English. Of course famous games like Genshin and Fortnite are fully Arabic as well, Ubisoft has a branch in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Not sure but I think there was swedish subtitles in Uncharted 4. But usually there is just english subtitles, I guess they think we can english good enough. Which we might do but I would appreciate a proper swedish localization at least on games I can play with the kids so I don’t have to translate everything. I’m playing through Fantasian on Apple Arcade right now with the kids, and phew it’s a lot to translate! 😓
Minecraft as I mentioned is in swedish though, Minecraft Dungeons even had a swedish narrator!👌

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Not sure but I think there was swedish subtitles in Uncharted 4. But usually there is just english subtitles, I guess they think we can english good enough. Which we might do but I would appreciate a proper swedish localization at least on games I can play with the kids so I don’t have to translate everything. I’m playing through Fantasian on Apple Arcade right now with the kids, and phew it’s a lot to translate! 😓
Minecraft as I mentioned is in swedish though, Minecraft Dungeons even had a swedish narrator!👌

And people wonder why people mostly play COD and FIFA, you don't really need much to get into the game nor language is needed that much vs story-driven games. Back in the day we used to play fully Japanese games just fine, because games were very simple and you memorize the letters like in Captain Tsubasa or later on Winning Eleven (aka PES).

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Really enjoying the game but frustrated at the same time. Its been so buggy with servers that I've been booted out even when playing solo.

I've been trying to log in for 2 days now and can't even get past the load screen when I click continue game on solo.

I agree you could say its quite "hitchy" hehe

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Where is this?

This is the list in Sweden
vFDHG75.png

Outriders is at #11
Given how Sweden is as a country atm I wouldn't brag about anything, let alone this.

(Scandinavian joke)

Also why did you try to remove the names from NHL and Minecraft? Is the list that embarrassing?

Last edited:

Zoro7

Banned
Given how Sweden is as a country atm I wouldn't brag about anything, let alone this.

Also why did you try to remove the names from NHL and Minecraft? Is the list that embarrassing?
Wow firing shots at countries now?
And he isn’t removing names, that’s the swipe up to return to home bar on every iPhone. Embarrassing post. You should delete.

sublimit

Banned
Doesn't mean anything if the other games have sold like shit lol. Especially since MS doesn't provide any numbers.:messenger_beaming:

But you really have to love these mental gymnastics by MS's PR to make GP look "good for the industry" lol.I really give them that! :messenger_grinning_smiling: Perfect for naive fanboys to post in forums and in Youtube videos!

The_Mike

Wow firing shots at countries now?
And he isn’t removing names, that’s the swipe up to return to home bar on every iPhone. Embarrassing post. You should delete.
OK I added a little more to my post so it didn't come as harsh as it was, just a Scandinavian joke. I'm from Denmark, and you know we like to poke at each other.

I don't have a right centered black paint line on my screen though.
ghac2hI.jpg

Zoro7

Banned
OK I added a little more to my post so it didn't come as harsh as it was, just a Scandinavian joke. I'm from Denmark, and you know we like to poke at each other.

I don't have a right centered black paint line on my screen though.
ghac2hI.jpg
Ah ok. Didn’t realise it was a joke, it does come across very harsh.

Also I did say on every iPhone, you seem to be using an android device hence no line.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
just finished the game
loved the lore
story was fun.

endgame is sheit stil an 8 game

TrebleShot

Tried this game over the weekend.
It’s trash.
Bargain bin cookie clutter shooter with terrible controls and awkward encounters.

Tried co op online and it was a mess no idea who or what is going on.

Fair play if you like it but hard pass for me.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see it drop a bit with all the technical issues it’s been having. I’m scared to play because of the character wipes.

The_Mike

Ah ok. Didn’t realise it was a joke, it does come across very harsh.

Also I did say on every iPhone, you seem to be using an android device hence no line.
No problem the fault was on me because I always forget sarcasm and eye brows aren't visible on a post.

Still though, I've had an iPhone and still never saw that line on a screen.

KhrpD2p.jpg

Zoro7

Banned
No problem the fault was on me because I always forget sarcasm and eye brows aren't visible on a post.

Still though, I've had an iPhone and still never saw that line on a screen.

KhrpD2p.jpg
The line started with the buttonless iPhones. I guess as a guide to those who aren’t sure how to get back home without the button. I would post screenshot but u don’t know how.

Three

Sounds like you have a lawsuit then, go crazy bud, complain to the FCC. And BBB
Well he is kind of right.
These lists never state what makes them the "Top Netflix Movies". top at what? I'm sure there is a metric that if it ever did go to court they would produce but they can say Top Netflix Movies and not have it by amount watched. It can be completely subjective even whereby they pick the top. Top isn't a word that legally binds them to show the most watched.

Anyway on topic outriders is dropping now. Behind gang beasts and It Takes Two. Probably updated daily. Based on timeframe and preorders and enough data from other games you can maybe get a rough idea of the metrics used.

Last edited:

Zoro7

Banned
So 20 million is only 5% of Xbox players? Damn. Xbox is rockin'

I think you're thinking of PS Now but it's closer to 97% of Playstation gamers don't know about it.
I’d like to know what % of those 20m are consistent subscribers. They could just pick a month where they had a larger number of trials activated for example. Unless there is a detailed breakdown in which case link?

DavidGzz

I’d like to know what % of those 20m are consistent subscribers. They could just pick a month where they had a larger number of trials activated for example. Unless there is a detailed breakdown in which case link?

It has averaged +1 million per month since they announced 10 million. Over two months ago they announced 18 million so it is assumed they are at or near 20 now. Find your own link.

Dabaus

Banned
All of these can be true at the same time:
-Outriders is the number one paid game on Xbox.
-It takes two and gang of beasts are also near the top so the actual number of sold copies may not be as high you think
-It’s also number one on steam. We will find out what downloaded number it is on PlayStation when they release they’re most downloaded game for the month but probably in line with the other 2.
-Square sees the game a surprise hit, not because of Xbox, but because it’s number one on steam and also probably PlayStation.

-It takes two and gang of beasts are also near the top so the actual number of sold copies may not be as high you think
-It’s also number one on steam. We will find out what downloaded number it is on PlayStation when they release they’re most downloaded game for the month but probably in line with the other 2.
-Square sees the game a surprise hit, not because of Xbox, but because it’s number one on steam and also probably PlayStation.

I don't know, It takes two seems to sell pretty on Steam. It is even above top sellers like Valheim. People really enjoy the game (Overwhelmingly positive rating on Steam I think) and are suggesting it to their friends.
Also, are you insinuating GTA V, Cold War and Modern Warfare sold relatively low copies on xbox?

steam-top-10-outriders-valheim-drops.jpg

Andodalf

Banned
Tried this game over the weekend.
It’s trash.
Bargain bin cookie clutter shooter with terrible controls and awkward encounters.

Tried co op online and it was a mess no idea who or what is going on.

Fair play if you like it but hard pass for me.

When people say this so quick I’m 100% sure they didn’t understand how you’re supposed to play with the shield system

Interfectum

This game has many issues but goddamn is it not one of the most fun games I've played its a while. Playing the devastator class I feel like a god just popping enemies like blood balloons. So satisfying.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Shield system? no idea what that is tbh, ill give it another go. But those were my first impressions.
Its not a game you are going to get the flow in 30 min to an hour. You have to get into the skills and attribute trees to craft your character.

Dabaus

Banned
I don't know, It takes two seems to sell pretty on Steam. It is even above top sellers like Valheim. People really enjoy the game (Overwhelmingly positive rating on Steam I think) and are suggesting it to their friends.
Also, are you insinuating GTA V, Cold War and Modern Warfare sold relatively low copies on xbox?

steam-top-10-outriders-valheim-drops.jpg
Everything is relative. Gta and COD could sell 15-20k a week, they are older games so i could see that being the average sale per week. So outriders being number one could be like 50-60k, we dont know. Its all just speculation.

TrebleShot

Its not a game you are going to get the flow in 30 min to an hour. You have to get into the skills and attribute trees to craft your character.
I do get that impression but I have to say even the base level gameplay and feedback is quite poor. The guns feel like pea shooters and the movement seems janky and animations seem very basic almost PS3 level stuff.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I do get that impression but I have to say even the base level gameplay and feedback is quite poor. The guns feel like pea shooters and the movement seems janky and animations seem very basic almost PS3 level stuff.
If you are there for the presentation you are going to be let down but thats not the core philosophy of the game. Its not trying to be a presentation showpiece.

Edit: A lot of the weapons in the early start dont have mods and such on them, along with skills to enhance the bullets. Its a skills based game. Your guns go hand in hand with your skills. If you are looking for an Uncharted or Gears where the guns have vastly different feel and sometimes impact then you are not going to find it here. But again, thats not the point. Its more Mass Effect than those games. Your skills are key.

Last edited:

Everything is relative. Gta and COD could sell 15-20k a week, they are older games so i could see that being the average sale per week. So outriders being number one could be like 50-60k, we dont know. Its all just speculation.

Of course Outriders didn't sold much if indie??? game It Takes Two is at 3rd position and it holds it for a few days now. I'll bet we would heard that It Takes Two sold gangbusters, but that game isn't on Gamepass

Dropped 5 places in 4 days.

TFF4zMK.jpg

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
Of course Outriders didn't sold much if indie??? game It Takes Two is at 3rd position and it holds it for a few days now. I'll bet we would heard that It Takes Two sold gangbusters, but that game isn't on Gamepass

Dropped 5 places in 4 days.

TFF4zMK.jpg
Outriders dropped to 5th place in a few days. Are you arguing with me or proving my point? Lol im confused

Outriders dropped to 5th place in a few days. Are you arguing with me or proving my point? Lol im confused

Proving your point. I've said in other thread ( UK one ) few days ago if Outriders was top paid game that day at 1st place, than It Takes Two sold gangbusters on Xbox family in US but it is not on Gamepass.

tmlDan

Surprised by the amount of trolling and anger. Even entering the thread expecting to see just that.

And somehow you missed Call of Duty and GTA.
Didn't miss them, but this is a new game vs old ass games that still sell well but not well enough for launch numbers.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Every new blockbuster game with no competition is top in sales on release day. Same goes for movies.

NullZ3r0

Banned
PCF really need to work on their netcode. Online play in Outriders feels like I'm in 2001 on SegaNet. I can play Stadia and Xcloud with no issues and The Division 2 and Destiny 2 run like butter to the point that I'm not thinking: "I'm playing with people on the Internet." But Outriders feels like it's a decade behind in this respects. My player skips and freezes, enemies do the same. It doesn't feel smooth and modern. And this is when I can actually join a game without being kicked out after accepting an available game.

This game is fun, but it's obvious that PCF are complete amateurs.

Top Bottom