• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overview of Nintendo's FY 2016 Second Quarter Earnings Release/Briefing on Oct. 26/27

Vena

Completely forgot about that Mariner's sale. I guess they did wind up picking the exact right time to do that, since this would've been a fairly dismal quarter otherwise.

Well, I don't know how premeditated it was rather than just fortuitous timing. With Lincoln retiring, there was no interest in keeping the team anymore really.

maxcriden

Its time for the Q&A epic war about price!

Investor: Give me a price NOW!
Kimi: Nah. We want to show the "value" of NS.
I: We need a price for that.
K: NO I SAY!
I: GIVE ME A FUCKING PRICE NOW!!
K: This is Nintendo, where we do our own thing. So no price until January!
I: FFS Nintendo.

I really want a price tonight. Is there even a 1% chance? :(

Personally I don't think so, no.

Roo

They might not talk about the system at the meeting but the Q&A session is going to put them on the hot seat.

Any Twitter accounts I should keep an eye on?

EDIT: I've already been following Cheesemeister and Mochizuki but I knew there was another one.

They might not talk about the system at the meeting but the Q&A session is going to put them on the hot seat.

zLgAOkE.png

MoonFrog

We'll get nothing and we'll like it.
I won't :p I want something on the vision for the platform. I think we had a pretty strong idea why hybrid before the reveal but the reveal was not pushing hybrid in that way seemingly, focusing on western console games and then there were the portability concerns surrounding the battery.

I won't :p I want something on the vision for the platform. I think we had a pretty strong idea why hybrid before the reveal but the reveal was not pushing hybrid in that way seemingly, focusing on western console games and then there were the portability concerns surrounding the battery.

I agree, plus, marketing will start before the fiscal year ends. I'm hoping at least for an idea of that.

I heard from Nikkei that it's supposed to be a disappointed quarter.

I also heard from Nikkei that they would be up 300 million YoY thanks to selling the Mariners and the royalties from Pokemon GO.

Make up ya mind.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
- Nintendo didn't sell their entire Mariner's share. Didn't they retain 10%? and then First Ave Entertainment (Nintendo owns a stake of them) bought a large share?.
- Key showcase for Nintendo today will be Miitopia, new social gamefor 3DS from the Brain Age team. (My speculation)
- Definite new details about the Nintendo Switch, probably more so during the Q&A.
- Mobile game updates - mainly Super Mario Run

- Nintendo didn't sell their entire Mariner's share. Didn't they retain 10%? and then First Ave Entertainment (Nintendo owns a stake of them) bought a large share?.

They retain 10% but they still sold their majority share for over 600 million USD. A lot of which will go towards their new plans for film production.

I just care about how much Pokemon has sold. Must have gotten a really nice boost this quarter.

Same, it will be really interesting to see how much the brand overall ( game sales, Pokemon go plus and pokemon go earnings) impacted their financial result.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
They retain 10% but they still sold their majority share for over 600 million USD. A lot of which will go towards their new plans for film production.

But wasn't it sold to First Ave Entertainment, who Nintendo owns a stake in? The company is listed as their affiliate.

casiopao

I heard from Nikkei that it's supposed to be a disappointed quarter.

I also heard from Nikkei that they would be up 300 million YoY thanks to selling the Mariners and the royalties from Pokemon GO.

Make up ya mind.

Up YoY by 300 Million for them who enjoy the Wii muney probably won't feel so great lol.

But wasn't it sold to First Ave Entertainment, who Nintendo owns a stake in? The company is listed as their affiliate.

No no, they are PART of the First Ave Entertainment group, which is a group of parties that jointly own the Seattle Mariners. Nintendo just sold most of their hold on the mariners to other FAE members while remaining part of it.

Hopefully someone in the Q&A asks them if they are stepping up their online and account systems. It's probably the biggest area Nintendo is behind the entire industry in. They don't need to give a bunch of details or anything but I would like to hear Nintendo say they are at least aware and trying to catch up

Hopefully someone in the Q&A asks them if they are stepping up their online and account systems. It's probably the biggest area Nintendo is behind the entire industry in. They don't need to give a bunch of details or anything but I would like to hear Nintendo say they are at least aware and trying to catch up

Hopefully with DeNA as an official partner for Switch development too, they've been working with Nintendo on the basis of proper online infrastructure for their system.

NolbertoS

So any websites will have a live stream of the investors conference?? I might be up late, but if not, I'm sure GAF, will have a thread tomorrow morning :p

Wow this thread is dead. We are literally only 30 minutes away from Splatoon 2 being confirmed a launch title and theres no hype at all. For shame all of you. :(

Shaanyboi

Banned
We'll see. For some reason they could confirm a launch title saying "its a sequel and sold x million on WiiU so we expect great profits from it in the quarter."

Its coming.

The megatons are coming!!

Nintendo announcing a Splatoon 2 without any kind of footage isn't a megaton. Of course they're going to do a sequel. But it just being a name on a list doesn't say shit.

Have there been any significant announcements in the past? I can't imagine something like this would have anything GAF would freak out about.

SalvaPot

We'll see. For some reason they could confirm a launch title saying "its a sequel and sold x million on WiiU so we expect great profits from it in the quarter."

Its coming.

The megatons are coming!!

Hey! I am here because I want to Believe, that is what NeoGAF is all about.

Top Bottom