• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overview of Nintendo's FY 2016 Second Quarter Earnings Release/Briefing on Oct. 26/27

Speely

Banned
Ready to expect the unexpected!

GdERMQe.gif

Nintendo announcing a Splatoon 2 without any kind of footage isn't a megaton. Of course they're going to do a sequel. But it just being a name on a list doesn't say shit.
No footage? They showed it off in the trailer already lol.

Plus NSMB2 on 3DS was announced with no footage in one of these.

Jubenhimer

Since talking about specs and games is out, I expect Nintendo to share a bit about their philosophy and strategy with the Switch. They didn't say they wouldn't say anything else about it period.

AdanVC

My fancy coffee, my fancy suit and my 10k Macbook are ready to be angry and ask adult business questions:

"When is Mother 3 releasing in America?"

"Year of Waluigi when?"

"Do you like this DK tie I'm wearing, Mr. Kimishima?"

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I think I mentioned earlier that the countdown was simply for the close of the market. The earnings release should happen soon after nonetheless.

Time reference (04:23 PM JST, news conference on Feb. 2, 2016):

newsyfrxu.png

Rösti;221503651 said:
I think I mentioned earlier that the countdown was simply for the close of the market. The earnings release should happen soon after nonetheless.

...didn't notice the second countdown till now in the OP, so briefing is later. No q's "tonight" folks.

edit: Or there's a conference attached to this as well? Never followed one of these before.

...didn't notice the second countdown till now in the OP, so briefing is later. No q's "tonight" folks.

Mochizuki is still going to tweet info very soon.

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/790920626387116034

Update: 30 minutes until results.

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/791163761797332992

EDIT: I want to point out we got some pretty damn good info on the release (like tonight) last April. March 2017 release, AC and FE mobile announcement. Then a Q&A at 9pm EST the next night, which should be the same time for this one. That's why the NoA on social media announced everything on social media... At 3am... (Midnight pacific) Very weird timing.

AdanVC

SoAreYouTellingMeTheresAChance.gif ????? Aw yiss, looking forward to the results!

I should had just posted the damn gif instead of writin' all that

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Should I post a new thread for the earnings release, or will this suffice?

Speely

Banned
Rösti;221504135 said:

Might wanna be ready to make a new one in case something noteworthy happens... I would hate for someone other than you to be first for an interesting earnings release thread ;)

Rösti;221504135 said:

I would say that should depend on the kind of information we learn. We can always keep this thread for the results if there isn't anything too tasty. Better not to make a second results thread if it isn't particularly newsworthy.

casiopao

Soo many intersting things to look for.

How much does Poke Go bring them in term of revenue.
How much effect does Poke Go bring to software and 3DS hardware World Wide
How much does Amiibo decline/money they brought.
When is FE and Animal Crossing Mobile coming out.
What is the plan for Super Mario Run
What is the plan for Nintendo Switch
How long they planned to support 3DS
Considering how they show up on Olympic, are they planning to go more aggressive on positioning their brand in the eyes of the masses? Maybe put Nintendo name in front of a football/soccer team.^_^

AdanVC

Considering how they show up on Olympic, are they planning to go more aggressive on positioning their brand in the eyes of the masses? Maybe put Nintendo name in front of a football/soccer team.^_^

Hell yes maybe we will get a release date for Mario Run! Also if Nintendo put it's name on a sports team I will have to support that team even if I don't like sports at all hahah

Maxinas

They did say recently they have no sponsorship with the Olympics, could be they are just saying this to keep it a surprise, or they have no plans atm, but could change.

Speely

Banned
It would be interesting to hear some hints at Nintendo's plans to make their mobile gaming and Switch gaming plans work in a synergistic fashion, though mynintendo or other means that sort of give us a glimpse at the overall platform.

casiopao

Hell yes maybe we will get a release date for Mario Run! Also if Nintendo put it's name on a sports team I will have to support that team even if I don't like sports at all hahah

I would love if they put their logo for some of my favorite team lol.^_^ Forza Juve and Sassuolo baby.^_^

They did say recently they have no sponsorship with the Olympics, could be they are just saying this to keep it a surprise, or they have no plans atm, but could change.

I would believe here if Nintendo actually said they don't sponsor Olympic as maybe they are more focused on the Theme Park with Universal and they surely wanted to hit that Olympic year launching in Japan to get all the muney.

And also, considering how Pokemon is official sponsor for Olympic, i can see why Nintendo probably don't feel the need to sponsor there.

Wondering if Nintendo will remain silent on NS stuff. Pretty sure they will, but at least some forecasts would be nice.

I feel they will mention something but it won't be on detail.

I myself don't really give a care for Switch in this quarter earnings here. What i wanted to know is all the other things they never mentioned.

.........more info on QoL too Ninty. Don't act like u forget about it.^_^

I feel they will mention something but it won't be on detail.

I myself don't really give a care for Switch in this quarter earnings here. What i wanted to know is all the other things they never mentioned.

.........more info on QoL too Ninty. Don't act like u forget about it.^_^
Just give me something. I really don't like their silence after the actual reveal trailer. lol

Top Bottom