• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch | Anniversary Event

I don't suppose there's any chance you could do that for this Mercy highlight intro shot, could you? :D

21:9 cuts some of the view off the top and bottom while playing (making it bad for Competitive), but conversely highlight intros seem to show more of the characters with this aspect ratio.

mercy014uq98.jpg

mercy02ezo3v.jpg

mercy03geoj7.jpg

mercy04usudb.jpg

The Mei ones from before:
mei01jyuj6.png

mei03hau98.png

mei02v0ukv.png

mei04t5uyg.png

mei056uuwf.png

Mariip

21:9 cuts some of the view off the top and bottom while playing (making it bad for Competitive), but conversely highlight intros seem to show more of the characters with this aspect ratio.
These are awesome! It's a bummer we can't do this on ps4, there is no way to hide the menu ;-;(Got oasis symmetra and jazzy lucio and i think they would make great wallpapers, especially symmetra with the snowflake highlight)

None of the event skins are very good anyway. There are about 4 or 5 dance emotes I really want though. Just pulling purples is tough for me right now :/

so does anyone can tell me why i can play this game?

i didnt purchased it
the free trial was over the weekend only
none of the xbox accounts on my xbox have it (my brother has it on pc though, and his xbox account is on my xbox)

i already checked my purchases and my credit card history and nothing.

is this a glitch? or maybe something for the Gold users?

@_@

Since you're that worried about it, I'll answer it for you.

It's a free weekend. They're being nice, but they'll eventually turn it off. That's about it.

Blam

boxes are rolled the moment you earn or buy one, not before you open it.

I believe how it works is that each time you earn or buy a box the items are rolled, if you have not had a purple or golden in a while the chance goes up, once you do get one the chance % resets, if you ever get back to back legendarys it's a super slim chance of occuring.

Yeah I don't like how they are rolled the second I get them, because then I'd be most likely getting more duplicates, and less of the items I actually want. Regardless if I paid for it or not.

Floex

Well, this has been an utter disaster of an event when it comes to loot boxes. I can't believe that old items are also thrown into the mix. It's simple impossible to make any sort of dent wth regards to items.

TBH, losing a bit of luster now with Overwatch with each passing event

DrArchon

So, my score right now for anniversary legendaries is:

-Genji
-Lucio
-Bastion
-Zarya

Unlike a lot of people, I actually really like Lucio's new skin (the new music is a nice touch), and at least Zarya's new skin is better than most of her other ones.

Most importantly though, I got the gold Pachi-versary player icon, which is never going to be switched out unless they make another Pachi-versary icon with a rarer metal (platinum, perhaps?)

kaskade

I really hope they tweak the boxes for the next event. No dups for event items, slightly higher drop rate maybe? If you end up with a legendary it should be from the event too.

Would've been nice for this event to be more of a permanent item drop too. It's been a year and we have no new main game skins (besides the genji and Dva from heroes). Skins in this event aren't super specific either in terms of theme. I can see the idea of not making the christmas or halloween skins attainable outside the events.

They did say they were listening so I'm curious what happens.

Because I haven't played the game in several months (before Christmas, I presume) I decided to spend money on some loot boxes (50 of them)
Of the Anniversary skins I have:
Tracer
Genii
Hanzo
Lucio
Soldier 76
I was really glad to get Lucio because not only do I main him but this is his first decent skin ever, in my opinion.
I also got several assorted Legendary skins from first year, too.

Zyae

I really hope they tweak the boxes for the next event. No dups for event items, slightly higher drop rate maybe? If you end up with a legendary it should be from the event too.

Would've been nice for this event to be more of a permanent item drop too. It's been a year and we have no new main game skins (besides the genji and Dva from heroes). Skins in this event aren't super specific either in terms of theme. I can see the idea of not making the christmas or halloween skins attainable outside the events.

They did say they were listening so I'm curious what happens.

I think the actual drop rate of legendary items is fine but the issues with the system have been exposed this event:

• Vanilla Items should either not drop in these events or decrease the drop rate considerably
  • The gold you earn for event legendary duplicates is too low

This event has the largest amount of Legendary skins yet and 0 epic skins so these flaws are being exposed to a larger degree this time around.

Dartastic

I think the actual drop rate of legendary items is fine but the issues with the system have been exposed this event:

• Vanilla Items should either not drop in these events or decrease the drop rate considerably
  • The gold you earn for event legendary duplicates is too low

This event has the largest amount of Legendary skins yet and 0 epic skins so these flaws are being exposed to a larger degree this time around.
The drop rate is not fine. At all.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What would be nice is a guaranteed legendary every 10 loot boxes. If you were unlucky enough to not get a single one after 9 loot boxes(including those you get from weekly Arcade), the 10th one will give you at least one legendary(whether it's a new item, gold or duplicate), 100%. Sure would be nice if it was always a new item, but I guess we have to keep our expectations low...

MKIL65

What would be nice is a guaranteed legendary every 10 loot boxes. If you were unlucky enough to not get a single one after 9 loot boxes(including those you get from weekly Arcade), the 10th one will give you at least one legendary(whether it's a new item, gold or duplicate), 100%. Sure would be nice if it was always a new item, but I guess we have to keep our expectations low...

I think this system is already in place. It's just for every 25th loot box (if you didn't get any legendaries prior to that.)

Which is obviously still unfair.

Phu

Banned
Considering they dropped more than 100 items, I think Blizz can afford to eliminate event dupes when you're only guaranteed 1 per box [personally, I don't often get more than one]. The event's, what, about 3 weeks in length? Roughly 100 boxes = 100 level ups/80-odd levels + arcade or $80. What you get is still a dice roll.

I guess it just depends on where the balance falls between the amount of people willing to shell out cash for guaranteed new items and the amount of money whales dump into the current system.

LiK

Events are so special that getting dupes from these boxes is def stupid. If people are playing during it, let them get the gear.

GeeTeeCee

The "best" thing I've received from loot boxes so far has been Zenyatta's "How Disappointing..." voice line, which is both eerily appropriate and deeply wounding at the same time.

Does it really? That kinda sucks.

How do you recommend I play? It looks jarring with the black bars.

Does it really? That kinda sucks.

How do you recommend I play? It looks jarring with the black bars.

That's how you have to play with a 21:9 monitor if you don't want info cut off at the top and bottom. Blizzard doesn't want to give 21:9 monitors any advantages (even though CS:Go and HotS have full 21:9 view support, but Blizzard gonna Blizz).

PepperedHam

It needs to be kept to a % where they can still sell loot boxes, thats just the fact of the matter. What would you prefer the drop percentage to be?
Not shit. There's a line between frustrating your playerbase and keeping it obtainable but still attractive for purchase. The percentage is one thing but when you finally get a legendary and it's an old ass Hanzo skin thus resetting your chances of pulling a yellow... that... sucks. I'm tired of people defending the shit drop rates with a tone of "well, it isn't a problem because they have to make it attractive to purchase". The percentage should be a bit better, anyone who disagrees must actually work for Activision, because right now the percentage is just discouraging. It might not be as bad if they didn't allow old ass legendaries into the event boxes, it takes long enough as it is.

Costia

I would also suggest a guaranteed event drop from the first crate.
It kinda sucks to participate in the event and not get any event items :\

I'm only missing Mei, Symmetra and Pharah event skins. I'm not too bothered if I don't get them since I don't like them. As for the dances I think I have about 75% of them. Will buy Junkrats and Tracers if I don't get them.

I bought 59 boxes (24 one day, 24 another and 11 another) and got most of the legendarios from that. Got the genji one from arcade boxes.

Costia

I assume you mean an event skin? You are garunteed one free event item every event.
Yes, i meant skins.
Got ~4-5 loot boxes and didn't notice any event items.
I assumed they will be marked as legendaries or something.
Is there a list of all the event specific items? I just keep seeing the skins everywhere...
Edit: nm. looks like its on the blizzard site.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yes, i meant skins.
Got ~4-5 loot boxes and didn't notice any event items.
I assumed they will be marked as legendaries or something.
Is there a list of all the event specific items? I just keep seeing the skins everywhere...
Edit: nm. looks like its on the blizzard site.

All boxes are guaranteed to have at least one event item. Be it a portrait, spray, voice line, emote or skin. It's easy to notice them by the big overwatch(or whatever event is going on) logo behind them when opening boxes.

Mifec

FINALLY A LEGENDA......

2017-06-0216_40_32-ov0yuba.png

FML

At least it wasn't the shit tier Soldier one.

I got Soldier even though nothing will ever beat Strike Commander Morrison anyway. Got Zarya which is crap too and got Lucio who I never play.

Got a non event Sym skin too rofl.

BUT BUT

I got the best thing in this event the winston dace emote.

I stared at it and laughed for a while, so gud.

LiK

At least it wasn't the shit tier Soldier one.

I got Soldier even though nothing will ever beat Strike Commander Morrison anyway. Got Zarya which is crap too and got Lucio who I never play.

Got a non event Sym skin too rofl.

BUT BUT

I got the best thing in this event the winston dace emote.

I stared at it and laughed for a while, so gud.

Soldier skin is bad but his gun looks awesome. I use it mainly for that.

Top Bottom