• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch | Anniversary Event

Ramirez

Hanzo in every match today, RIP.

DPS who allow a Tracer/Genji to be up your ass all game then spam "I need healing" deserve a special place in hell.

At least it wasn't the shit tier Soldier one.

I got Soldier even though nothing will ever beat Strike Commander Morrison anyway
. Got Zarya which is crap too and got Lucio who I never play.

Got a non event Sym skin too rofl.

BUT BUT

I got the best thing in this event the winston dace emote.

I stared at it and laughed for a while, so gud.
OKw6pXK.gif

ytknm3OOdyZvedLgeyBW3cJh25cfVRZaMM_rx1fHwPc.gif

Ramirez

Why am I getting matched with Plat Junkrat mains? Good fucking lord, Blizzard.

I swear there has to be a better system than this shit they have currently. Make people play multiple heroes in each class before ranking them or something. Shit is driving me crazy.

ZugZug123

Only one event skin so far, although I gave up on my usual grinding for loot boxes after the first week drops were really bad, eventwise. Got the new 76, which is probably the one I like the least, sigh. I've used Strike Commander Morrison since I bought OW so this drop is a bit of a waste. Will just buy a couple of dance emotes towards the end of of this event and save my gold for better skins in the future.

Symmetra's skin was the only one that tempted me this time around, but it has a major flaw: it hides her face. Love the smug expressions she has and it's a crime to not be able to see them with the new skin.

ZugZug123

DPS who allow a Tracer/Genji to be up your ass all game then spam "I need healing" deserve a special place in hell.

When this happens I usually give up on playing healer and go Symmetra and microwave the squishy annoying flanking gnats.

LiK

Why am I getting matched with Plat Junkrat mains? Good fucking lord, Blizzard.

I swear there has to be a better system than this shit they have currently. Make people play multiple heroes in each class before ranking them or something. Shit is driving me crazy.

Shouldn't you be positing this in the main OT? ;)

Swig_

FINALLY A LEGENDA......

2017-06-0216_40_32-ov0yuba.png

FML

I haven't had a skin drop yet out of the last 20+ boxes. All I want is the Hanzo skin and it's looking like I'll probably have to blow 3000 coins on it. Lame.

I've had garbage tier boxes. Basically all icons and sprays and a ton of dupes. Nothing I actually want or care about since this event started.

Yay Pharra legendary, reason enough to shrug off this rust

FINALLY got to queue in comp with friends, I forgot how freeing it feels. No worrying about rank, just joking around and "OH SHIT BOYS" for big plays

I don't even play as Symmetra but thought it would be cool to get it through a chest because it looks so damn cool. How do they know I want that one particular one so somehow avoid it for me even though I don't play as her?? lol, somehow they know!!

If I can't even get the one I want for a character I don't play as, what hope is there for the one I do really want? :'(

*back to the credit grind*

So pathetically slow.

BPK

Compared to early events, the drop rate in recent event seems abysmal. Since I don't pay for loot boxes on principle, I'm going to start drastically reducing my Overwatch time. This just isn't worth it. Obviously, "your experience may vary," but enough is enough. IMO of course...

J3ffro

I agree with this so much that I had to ensure that I didn't make this post. The recent influx of attack Hanzo is frustrating. Every now and then we have a great one, but the fourteen garbage ones in between ensure a bad time.

When the DPS ignores Tracer altogether, I stop playing a healer. Clearly we don't give a shit about winning, so keeping up appearances that I'm trying too isn't worth it.

Genji main here. Have never once used the "I Need Healing" voiceline. With any character either. I feel bad ordering them stuff like that.

Course then you get the Mercy and Ana who heal everyone but me and I'm in their line of sight waiting but then I get killed. Annoys me a bit.

Anyways back to the topic, still no new skin.

I've had pretty good luck in the loot boxes so far. I haven't bought any, and I've only played a few days since the event started. So far I've managed to get Symmetra, Mei, and Hanzo's event skins, a legendary Torb skin I didn't have, and a legendary currency I used to buy Orisa's dance. The ones I actually wanted are Lucio and DVa, but earning 3000 gold is completely out of the question.

Firebrand

At least it wasn't the shit tier Soldier one.

Wut, Soldier's is great. Is pretty much the only one I really want (okay, maybe Zarya's and Genji's, but I don't really play Genji ever), and I'll probably spend 3000 gold on it. He doesn't really have any other good skins.

Have had crap luck so far. One legendary which was Tracer's (ugh), and one epic emote.

Cool cool cool, first Legendary in 8 levels (not too bad drop-rate-wise) and it's a dupe of the non-event Mei Legendary I got last time. Odds of that are low, spite timer must have kicked in.

gave up again with overwatch. One loot box (free one) and nothing. go into online to try my new Logitech G900 wireless mouse and get called an idiot.

Quit game again.

gave up again with overwatch. One loot box (free one) and nothing. go into online to try my new Logitech G900 wireless mouse and get called an idiot.

Quit game again.

The only abuse I've ever copped is in comp play (people are inherently saltier due to the higher stakes) or after an unappreciated joke in chat.

Of course, "game experience may change during online play".
Don't let one jerk stop you enjoying the game!

The only abuse I've ever copped is in comp play (people are inherently saltier due to the higher stakes) or after an unappreciated joke in chat.

Of course, "game experience may change during online play".
Don't let one jerk stop you enjoying the game!

Used to be good at this game now I stink. Maybe I'll give it another go later this afternoon.

I do have to say that the G900 wireless Logitech mouse is well worth the money. Fantastic mouse.

CaptnBosa

Neo Member
I've gotten a few of the new event loot boxes, and I must say I'm pretty sure the new drop rates are worse then what they were before. I didn't get a single legendary after opening maybe about 10 boxes. On other events I would of at least gotten a few of the event specifics skins.

Blizz plz

Toni

I've gotten a few of the new event loot boxes, and I must say I'm pretty sure the new drop rates are worse then what they were before. I didn't get a single legendary after opening maybe about 10 boxes. On other events I would of at least gotten a few of the event specifics skins.

Blizz plz

After seeing quite a number of posts touching on this, and seeing how I've only managed to grab about 2 or 4 legendaries in a week or so, I'm starting to believe Blizzard has messed around with the loot drop rates.

LiK

I only need Dva, Zarya and Bastion left but I've gotten so many Hanzos and Soldiers along with so many nonevent ones. Lame as shit.

Costia

Finally got a legendary event skin. Took ~15-20 loot crates (~10+ levels + 5 from the arcade)
Its Pharah.
I kinda wanted the DVA one, but overall not bad i guess, I actually play as pharah sometimes.

So, when is the next event?

Finally got a legendary event skin. Took ~15-20 loot crates (~10+ levels + 5 from the arcade)
Its Pharah.
I kinda wanted the DVA one, but overall not bad i guess, I actually play as pharah sometimes.

So, when is the next event?

Probably the Summer games so early August probably.

My inability to get the D.Va skin would be less annoying if I'd actually had an opportunity to build up some coins after the last event.

Hackworth

my only event skins so far are Hanzo and Lucio, and I've only had time to save 2800 coins since the last event.

Like, Lucio's skin is one of the three I want but it's still a bit trash.

Azriell

About 40 boxes earned so far. Legendary Soldier (eh), Zarya (eh+), Genji (cool, but I don't play him), and two non-event legendaries. When I list it out, it's not so bad. All I'm really looking for is Lucio, Sym, D.va, and Mei. And Tracer. But I don't play Tracer or D.va very often, and I'm mixed on Mei's, so I'd be pretty happy with Lucio and Sym.

karasu

Finally got the Genji skin I wanted after buying 11 loot boxes. I have the event skins for him, Zaria, bastion, and pharaoh so far and a ton of dances.

Wolverju

Neo Member
This is getting silly. Grinded out ~30-40 boxes, and I've gotten 1 yellow and ~5 purples.

Opened around 30 boxes. I got one legendary, then i got the dance of Mei, a shit loads of blue, then the dance of Mei again! What are the odds?

Top Bottom