• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch gets Summer Games update (new mode in Weekly Brawl, new skins/etc)

psyfi

Banned
Yoooooo, if they introduce a Metroid Blast Ball style mode I'm gonna be stoked. Could be really fun.

PepperedHam

When I saw the thread title I knew people weren't going to be cool with these.

I really like Track Suit Tracer. Like really really like it.

Yukinari

How strange out of all the things to get a promotional update in an FPS its the Olympics. Not only that but one of the most controversial olympics in quite some time.

Im in it solely for Tracer though, im ready for the screenshots.

LordofPwn

Probably the best Olympic like thing to happen this summer.

New skins look awesome. Gamescom right around the corner, hoping for more details by then.

Also Polygon edit your news article. Mercy is playing badminton not tennis. #NotAllRaquetSports

*Edit 2* definitely looks like a new map + game mode:
Co1LtmAW8AQiqq7.jpg

my porteguese is a little rusty but i think 'futebol' translates to
CHEERS LUV THE CAVALRY'S ERE

Rize_21

That Rio de Janeiro map... are we going to ride three tank mode Bastion and do some Rocket League in here?
Bring on that new content Blizzard!

MrPanic

Hm, I definitely called that gamemode if that picture turns out to be true. I'm interested to see how that mode is gonna work. Those skins look pretty good, for generic sport outfits anyway.

Jamie OD

Ugh, I really dislike these kind of promotional cosmetics, especially for an event that only occurs every 4 years.

You do realise how big the Olympics are, right?

I think the postcard confirms Rio as the new map and it's related to a new game mode. Didn't Blizzard say they were going to add a game mode that nobody expects? Could it be some sort of Overwatch soccer?

Aerocia

Either way, this game needs more skins. I've run out of things to buy lol. Does anyone actually save their gold?

They going for a Rocket League type thing? Just with guns instead of cars.

Roadhog in goal. Hook the ball towards him then blasts it away. Easy!

Lucifon

Gonna be real disappointed if these are the only skins they drop when they finally drop new skins.
Yup. Game has been out 2 months now and had zero new skins added. The game seems set out to release new skins, sprays etc rapidly yet they've done nothing with it. Makes the unlocks feel stagnant.

sappyday

Surprised it's taking them this long to release new skins. I would've expected new ones before a new character even. 4 distinct (more like 2 distinct) skins for each characters is whack especially when they have a way to give them money.

Squire

Banned
Nothing wrong with that

And in spanish. She's probably latina.

Right, I mean she might specifically be Portuguese. We've never really gotten specific about that in the other threads, we just figured yeah, she's definitely Latina.

They could roll her out with this stuff. Curious if they would though...

ramyeon

Right, I mean she might specifically be Portuguese. We've never really gotten specific about that in the other threads, we just figured yeah, she's definitely Latina.

They could roll her out with this stuff. Curious if they would though...
They won't.

Keasar

New game mode:
Yay.

Promotion for a major international event that is currently fucking over a country that was already completely fucked by a earlier major international event just 2 years earlier and is still reeling from the damage caused economically:
Boo.

Jayhawk

Got 2000 currency saved up, and I might spend them on these skins. Olympic-style skin will also pair well with the golden weapon I'll soon get.

Top Bottom