• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanR1221

Tried Roadhog for the first time last night.

It was that cherry blossom map, where the opposing team has to take two points. As they tried to make it through the main entrance I kept isolating them one at a time with the chain. Insanely fun

wallhacks,aimbot,insta turns,insta kill...all about that turret life

https://youtu.be/asUZha-F3ks

>Play as Tracer
>Hear MOLTEN COREEEE
>Go up the backside of turret
>Starts shooting

gYQ73HJ.jpg

NeoRaider

Had few great matches today, with 2 good teams. And my first Genji POTG.
Good team really does make a difference. :)

Oh and i hate good Tracer players. lol :p

zoukka

i never play tracer i just wanted to get there fast

oh well im just gonna shut up

Thing with the turrets is that you can't just outshoot them, they have perfect accuracy, good dps and especially is Tjor is ultin, the turret does extra damage. Use stuff that damages them indirectly, grenades, rockets or long range shots from snipers. With a healer you can drop in and destroy it or with a tracer ult bomb.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
At what point is it OK to accept that no one else will play support; and you have no obligation to them and just play for the loss.
From the start. I am a bad heal, but I try to play any other class. I'm a good D.VA, my Mei game is strong and my tracer servicable but I die to often with her.

So I fill that roll that is missing..but heal? You all die

LiK

Dat feel when a group disbands for a break and they don't invite you back without telling you they're full until you ask. Yeesh. I was in Party Chat and they could've said something. Kinda rude, tbh

Zaventem

At what point is it OK to accept that no one else will play support; and you have no obligation to them and just play for the loss.

Im ok with playing support(mercy and lucio are in my top 5) but even at level 35 you have people who refuse to pick a healer, sometimes i just wait it out until the last 20 seconds to see if anyone will switch even though i already locked in.

LiK

I've seen plenty of people play Support. It just depends on the people you get matched up with. Low level guys will rarely play them but as you level up, you'll see them more and more.

Dunlop

I've seen plenty of people play Support. It just depends on the people you get matched up with. Low level guys will rarely play them but as you level up, you'll see them more and more.
The only time I'm not support it's when it's already taken or if someone picks it even when they see I am support.

I think I have played Reaper and Soldier 76 maybe 3 times each and it is the only attackers I have tried

Cider X

Someone explain the leaving penalty. I've played 6 games in a row now with 75% penalty after leaving I think 2 games earlier today.

Meia

Just did a 5 Torb 1 McCree attack on Anubis, and won it. Then we tried doing the same on defense and lost in the last minute.

This game. :D

I feel like plenty of people play support.

And when they don't I never mind. Support classes are really cool!

The lack of healer choices is probably what sucks the most. When you've only got two dedicated healer choices and only Lucio is consistently enjoyable you're kind of locked into a single playstyle. I'd like some variety.

Demoskinos

The lack of healer choices is probably what sucks the most. When you've only got two dedicated healer choices and only Lucio is consistently enjoyable you're kind of locked into a single playstyle. I'd like some variety.

Yeah this. We need another healer. I enjoy Mercy and Lucio but it would be nice to have a wider array of support. Lets hope the first new hero is a support.

Zaventem

Yeah this. We need another healer. I enjoy Mercy and Lucio but it would be nice to have a wider array of support. Lets hope the first new hero is a support.

A long time ago there was a healer called zenyetta that used to be T1 but nobody touches him anymore since the nerf parade.

Quesa

Is there a way to turn off all chat on PC, or make it fade away? Wanna do some video things and having chat always be present bothers me.

Same with tanks, reinhardt is too often the best tank for the situation, need more variety.

Coreda

This is a silly question, but what does the OT subtitle even mean? A pun on 'only watch' and 'Overwatch'? Not sure I get it.

Jolkien

This is a silly question, but what does the OT subtitle even mean? A pun on 'only watch' and 'Overwatch'? Not sure I get it.

A play on words about Game of Thrones and the fact that when the game was in beta nobody almost had an invite so it was called Only watch.

Anyone hates those people that demand other players to play class A/B/C, while they are the ones playing the 3rd offense character?

"We need a tank. Why is no one playing a tank?"
"We need a healer!"

Why dont you just fucking play one then?

Mercy needs to have more to do than just heal beam. Allow her to dual wield staff and pistol. I wanna scrap and not just attach myself to someone as their life support / damage booster. But yeah, another dedicated healer that's closer to Lucio would be nice too.

Same with tanks, reinhardt is too often the best tank for the situation, need more variety.

Yeah I can see that too.

You know you're playing too much Overwatch when you see Bastion in a thread title and you think it's about nerfing him.
I read your post and went back to the main page. Saw the thread and for a second i still thought it was about nerfing bation

Anyone hates those people that demand other players to play class A/B/C, while they are the ones playing the 3rd offense character?

"We need a healer!"

Ive only encountered nice people so far.
Today i joined a match where a guy asked can someone be a healer cause hes been doing it for a while so i obliged and he said thanks.

Anilusion

"We need a healer!"

So a player making suggestions on how to get a better lineup is somehow obligated to fill those roles himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom