• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There really needs to be a stat track for mei when it comes to "being an annoying little prick by blocking off people thus forcing them to reroute and get picked off by the others."

Because that's how I love playing her.

Only 10% of them will actually hand out packs. Most will just camp the nest. Putting a scrap requirement on turret rebuilding actually makes these bad players semi useful because they need to go out and kill something themselves to earn their nest back.

You go in a public server and ask for armour and the player usually wont care and just keep hammering his full health sentry all game.

One thing I learned playing Torb that pissed me off. I was able to dish out armor all game, making me wonder why the hell other Torbs never did it.

Same goes with Symmetra too, if you're not giving everyone shield at the beginning of the match, the hell is wrong with you?

Soldier is not a healer. He has a heal skill, but that hardly makes him a healer.

True, but he can be fine in a pinch (turn on the option that lets you see teammate's health). Not ideal though, but it's still early. I think you can make good teams that work around not having healers.

Kouichi

You'd think after the fifth time the Reinhardt would stop charging into the other team and instantly dieing, but nope there he goes again.

bye bye shield

LiK

Genji is a good counter against Tracer. I was surprised how I was able to kill Tracers much more easily with him. Speed vs Blink.

Vitor711

My thoughts are:
1. McCree needs another nerf
2. Hanzo's hitboxes need to be adjusted
3. Sentry building should have a higher cooldown, no real reward for downing a turret because it just comes back 3 seconds later. Maybe a scrap requirement.
4. Shields should be 35 rather than 25. Kind of useless currently.
5. More entrances for attackers on the Japanese map with the giant door chokepoints, way too easy for defense.

I was playing as Reinhardt yesterday and one fan the hammer killed me - that seems a bit... much.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Only 10% of them will actually hand out packs. Most will just camp the nest. Putting a scrap requirement on turret rebuilding actually makes these bad players semi useful because they need to go out and kill something themselves to earn their nest back.

You go in a public server and ask for armour and the player usually wont care and just keep hammering his full health sentry all game.

youre asking for nerfs based on low mlvl pub games. yeah...

abundant

King's Row is no fun at all as an attacker. It's way too narrow and everyone is cooped up near the bus or the theater. Even with a good team you have to constantly bulldoze your way into that first checkpoint.

Add Hanamura and Temple of Anubis to the list of maps that are frustrating to play when Attacking. Also that final stretch in Route 66 is a pain to get through.

maybe this is old , but mei remind me of Big heroes 6 movie

mei-gameplay.jpg

e1e5da66890fdc43e74d3ec7bbbd02cdde52e643

Lucio more brings Big Hero 6 to mind for me. He definitely seems like a mashup of Go Go and Wasabi.

Symmetra says hi.

I think Blizzard should start introducing some support characters that can debuff enemies.

Symmetra is my goto support, but they could probably reclassify her as defense. She's basically support by default because of the teleporter. Maybe if they fix the shield buff to make it percentage based...

Fuck, I forgot about her. Good point.

I think the next support should be a debuff/healer hybrid. Sort of like Lucio.

Isn't that literally Zenyatta?

My thoughts are:
1. McCree needs another nerf
2. Hanzo's hitboxes need to be adjusted
3. Sentry building should have a higher cooldown, no real reward for downing a turret because it just comes back 3 seconds later. Maybe a scrap requirement.
4. Shields should be 35 rather than 25. Kind of useless currently.
5. More entrances for attackers on the Japanese map with the giant door chokepoints, way too easy for defense.

1. probably
2. maybe
3. Nah, level 1 turret is not that strong and has very little health. And it has a short build time too, you can down it before it even starts firing. Then it takes 5-6 seconds to get it to level 2 where it becomes a threat (especially with molten core up).
4. I liked it when it was at 50 in cbt, but apparently her winrate was too high at all levels of play. I like that her buff lasts through her death, but maybe the shields should wear off after several recharges. Maybe they only recharge up to 150 hp and then need to be recharged by symmetra, but also set it back to 50.
5. Hanamura? I sorta like hanamura as it is. It's a bit like anubis but with the big window on the left, and the flank tunnel is on the right. I'm not sure I would change it, but what I would change doesn't relate to the chokepoint but more for the courtyard area between the choke and point A.

I just got the Smooth as Silk trophy thanks to Wiston smacking me into the air with his Ultimate ability.
I was gonna save the replay, but the PS4 share trim feature is terribly designed and because I went to view the replay from within the menu from a point past when I got the kill it assumed I wanted it to just straight up delete that instantly :/

Edit: Wait, never mind. Highlight feature comes to the rescue!

MartyStu

Symmetra is my goto support, but they could probably reclassify her as defense. She's basically support by default because of the teleporter. Maybe if they fix the shield buff to make it percentage based...

Isn't that literally Zenyatta?

Sort of, but AoE instead of single target.

Antiwhippy

Yeah. I talked about it yesterday, but I've played multiple games on Route 66 where the Attacking team steamrolls through the first two checkpoints, only to lose during the final stretch.

That checkpoint is where I rack up all my sym turrets kill too.

That's the thing with pub matches. Everyone scatters around at the start so the beginning is easy but when it becomes more concentrated they actually work on defending the objective.

Yeah. I talked about it yesterday, but I've played multiple games on Route 66 where the Attacking team steamrolls through the first two checkpoints, only to lose during the final stretch.

It's impossible to take the final checkpoint if the enemy team is all bastions in turret mode guarding every path you can take to get the jump on them.

SDCowboy

It still astounds me the amount of people that don't seem to get sticking together and DEFENDING the point when on Defense. Instead, they run around all over the place likes we're playing TDM or something.

Playing Reinhardt on a payload map with two Hanzos and a Widowmaker doing fuck all against multiple Bastions and a Torbjorn is basically the worst feeling. Sitting there with your shield up for as long as possible trying to give ANYONE a chance to fire on the turrets, and dying anyways because everyone's off wanking in the goddamned corner and either some other turret rips you to shreds or Reaper comes for you.

LiK

I think I would like a mode where you can't choose the same character. Just wanna play a mode where we don't see stacked teams.

abundant

That checkpoint is where I rack up all my sym turrets kill too.

That's the thing with pub matches. Everyone scatters around at the start so the beginning is easy but when it becomes more concentrated they actually work on defending the objective.

The thing is, I only really see that on Route 66. Yeah, it may happen on other payload maps, but the last 5 times I've played Route 66, that same scenario happens.

brawly

Genji is a good counter against Tracer. I was surprised how I was able to kill Tracers much more easily with him. Speed vs Blink.

I feel the complete opposite. You can easily evade everyone else but whenever Tracer is on the map I get nervous. Getting hits with Genji is already difficult enough, against Tracer it gets even harder (on consoles)

Antiwhippy

Nah both points favour turrets and robots drastically.

Get d.va or tracer to take them out. Winston for sym.

Not gonna lie though, if I get sym set up properly the first point is nearly impossible to attack, especially if they don't have a Winston. Got a team wipe there with my setup.

LiK

I feel the complete opposite. You can easily evade everyone else but whenever Tracer is on the map I get nervous. Getting hits with Genji is already difficult enough, against Tracer it gets even harder (on consoles)

I play on PS4. Not too hard and using Deflect against Tracer screws them up. I also try the sword attack as well. I think when I actually go after a Tracer with him, it freaks them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom