• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitanimus

totally just carried a game playing as mei........... aka defending hanamura and people being too dumb to consider another route that i can't wall off
bts_lina.gif

mreddie

Back from a break from the game, updates downloaded.

Why is the UI font just white now and why is the character select screen 30fps on PS4?

I would. Winning 300 games takes a real long time and looking at Overbuff, the top ranked players have barley cracked 100 wins.

What are the top players most used heroes?

And I have a total of 8 competitive coins.

I would like to get both Genji and Hanzo gold skins but I doubt I will have 600 coins by the end of this.

Rendition

Is it worth it to get a 144hz monitor for this game?

I just got it today, seems to be fun, wondering if 144hz would make a difference. Thanks.

Jarate

Banned
get 4 golds as Zarya on a ranked match when our team was running 4 attack the entire game

Still lose because our team were idiots

Get demoted :/

Fuckung man, people are stupid at this game

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I stand corrected on the golden weapons

Didn't realize you could switch lol with directional button

So, I just got over 1000 points to buy any skin I want.

Should I buy Mecha Pharah or Plague Doctor Reaper?

Tough choice. I like both of those.

Pharah has a pretty sweet purple-level skin that gives her the jackal head. Reaper's purple-levels are pretty lame and his cheap skins are just color variants.

Zemm

First pick Hanzo is definitely very common. Ha, everyone else waiting to see how the composition is building, but Hanzos just don't give a fuck.

Isn't this the truth. #1 insta pick before you've even loaded into a map and there's a Hanzo. Fucking fed up of all the shit Hanzo's in this game.

Heel

Back from a break from the game, updates downloaded.

Why is the UI font just white now and why is the character select screen 30fps on PS4?

Update just seems a bit rushed out the door, tbh. There's a lot of little problems across all platforms.

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
my score was frozen throughout a game that I just played, not counting any of the kills or other stats I got. Is that a known bug? It didn't happen until I switched characters.

X-Frame

Won with 5 people on my team Volksaya (someone quit) and the quitter left while we were on Attack.

Then we got Defend on the coin flip and still won.

Our reward?

1/10th skill rating increase. Incredible. Fix this shit Guerrilla.

Veelk

Banned
Question: how long before we get updates to the game. Like, maps and new characters are coming, I know that. But what about costumes?

Also, also, maybe this is too much to hope for, but can we get a VS omnics mode? It seems wierd we have all these backstories around this apocalyptic event, but all the heroes fight each other with no omnics in sight. Team fortress 2 had a mode against robot invaders, right? Why not this?

Gator86

They need a full stats scoreboard in competitive to go along with saved replays that allow you to view all characters. I am literally unable to figure out what people on my team at doing sometimes. I want to know just what the fuck they're doing the entire match while the rest of us are getting overrun at the point.

Vitanimus

Isn't this the truth. #1 insta pick before you've even loaded into a map and there's a Hanzo. Fucking fed up of all the shit Hanzo's in this game.

hanzo, junkrat and genji are my most hated heroes. especially bad ones on the enemy team that somehow managed to pick me off all the time ;_;

hanzo - stand there and get a bullshit headshot
junkrat - spam spam spam START YOUR ENGINES
genji - a) nananananananaannaCAN'TCATCHME
b) my team's genji thinkin they're seagull and rushing in

Mr.Mike

Y'know, I left a game and now I kind of feel bad seeing everyone here complaining. In my defense my left click broke, so I was already gone anyway.

And now I wait for my new mouse to come. Shame it broke over a weekend.

ramyeon

Played a lot of Genji yesterday (QP not Competitive, screw trying to do that solo) and I'm loving it. It is hard to aim his shuriken using the analog sticks but he tears stuff apart if used properly.

Love how I can have fun playing just about any hero in this.

Stat!

Playing on PS4, feel like I play only with awful people. "Oh, we're defending, and you choose tracer? "Oh thanks for choosing Genji the whole match and not doing anything only until the final play of the game"

ramyeon

Playing on PS4, feel like I play only with awful people. "Oh, we're defending, and you choose tracer? "Oh thanks for choosing Genji the whole match and not doing anything only until the final play of the game"
A good Tracer works fine in Defence maps for getting around flanking from the back.

ito007

my score was frozen throughout a game that I just played, not counting any of the kills or other stats I got. Is that a known bug? It didn't happen until I switched characters.
I noticed this in my plays as well. Switched from torbjorn to junkrat only to just get no credit for the junkrat kills. The ending scoreboard never brought up my junkrat stats as well.

Jarate

Banned
Man, I was having so much fun with competitive, then all of a sudden I get stuck with team idiots

Why do you play competitive if you're going to leave and or not play the fucking game correctly. I just dont understand. Why would you pick D. Va when we already have 2 tanks? Why would you pick hanzo when we need a healer?

I just dont comprehend how stupid people fucking are in this game, it doesnt make any fucking sense. Like, it's not a very complex game, why are you going genji on defense when we already have a soldier 76 and a tracer?

Ive just been sitting here golding as Zarya every fucking round. It's such fucking horse shit, why arent you damage boosting as a Mercy? Why am I doing gold damage when we have 3 other attacking classes?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Was playing a warmup and someone got 114% kill participation

There's something up with Competitive that makes GAFers lose their wits and pull weird double/triple stack character tactics that never work.

All is fine with Quick Play and I've seen people figure out counters but there's something about Competitive that's making people lose creativity.

Same here. I wa splaying with some GAF and they were doing weird shit like counter-picking snipers to deal with theoretical bastions and torts before match start. It's like, pull the sniper out in an emergency. Don't be dragging the team down from the start.

The other thing that irked me was a fascination with trying to emulate pro-strats, like instead of playing a team comp where everyone is super comfortable and familiar, trying to pull off a Reinhardt-Bastion-Mercy defense because you see that more in competitive.

cametall

Won with 5 people on my team Volksaya (someone quit) and the quitter left while we were on Attack.

Then we got Defend on the coin flip and still won.

Our reward?

1/10th skill rating increase. Incredible. Fix this shit Guerrilla.

I had this happen to me on Anubis today. Won and got jack squat for rank. Next game I lost and lost half my rank (evenly ranked teams). WTF is this garbage Blizzard?

Also had the most amazing thing happen today, got into a game with a rank 50 and a rank 38 grouped (I was rank 48 then) and the game called our teams even... Everyone else was within 3 ranks of each other except this 38.

I'm trying to approach "Season 1" as if it's really "Alpha Season 1 Beta 1.0" because the way rank xp, leavers, and underdog stuff is handled is just terrible.

There's something up with Competitive that makes GAFers lose their wits and pull weird double/triple stack character tactics that never work.

All is fine with Quick Play and I've seen people figure out counters but there's something about Competitive that's making people lose creativity.

It's called playing to win. Most are bad at it though.

Apathy

Yeah no idea how going up and down works. I went up full ranks with wins and losses but then asked my friend who only play support and she said she barely moves with a win

oh also did a tower match where i ended with 36 elims and 93% elim participation, it was rather nuts

Really hating the ranking system. Went 8/10 and got ranked 52. Almost every single team I'm on sucks and are raging on voice chat and I'm already down to 46 because people won't work together in the real matches.

This is an explanation of why sometimes you move up a lot and sometimes a little.

The amount that you go up or down is not a set amount. Factors such as your skill rating, your opponent's skill rating and your individual performance are all part of the equation.

The current Competitive System is not a progression-based system where you are gaining a set amount of "exp" for a win. We are constantly calibrating your skill as it relates to the other players that you win or lose against. This means sometimes it will go up or down very little and other times it will go up or down a lot.
Kaplan

3 days ago:

We have an improvement to the display of Skill Rating gain that should be patched in sometime soon (next week-ish?)
- Kaplan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom