• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Don't think that was it.
I'm kidding. My Tracer was

dLUEc2d.gif

Tonight.

Foxxsoxx

I'm noticing a disturbingly large amount of Widows on my team, almost every match, which wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so shit ):

maomaoIYP

I really don't want to use the time investment requried in comp because its not how I play the game typically but quick play is fucking unplayable. If its not 3 'waiting for players' games in a row before finding a match i'm then treated to 'bro i gotta carry i only play dps' 5 dps instalocks. everyone just outright refusing to play a healer cause i gotta practice or whatever the excuse is.

It's awful. And that's not even going up agianst the massive skill level differences between teams in QP

What time investment? You pop in, play a comp game or two, pop out. I play typically 2 comp games per session. Teams are usually balanced, people tend to play to win. It's much less frustrating than QP.

jviggy43

I really don't want to use the time investment requried in comp because its not how I play the game typically but quick play is fucking unplayable. If its not 3 'waiting for players' games in a row before finding a match i'm then treated to 'bro i gotta carry i only play dps' 5 dps instalocks. everyone just outright refusing to play a healer cause i gotta practice or whatever the excuse is.

It's awful. And that's not even going up agianst the massive skill level differences between teams in QP

If you want to insta win every quick play, just pick roadhog and proceed to pick the 5 stack squishies the other team inevitably has. Its hilarious and works almost everytime.

When does the event ends? I need to know what is the last day I can grind these boxes before I have to pay to get my Genji, Mercy, Widowmaker, and McCree skin.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you want to insta win every quick play, just pick roadhog and proceed to pick the 5 stack squishies the other team inevitably has. Its hilarious and works almost everytime.

it's not really about winning, its just about being remotely even fights.

Foxxsoxx

Going through some serious QP cancer right now. I've never seen worse teams than I have tonight. Constantly have one guy leaving that isn't ever replaced, instant locking 5 DPSers. Oh and I just went into a party of 4 level 800s while solo queued. It's been 6 games in a row now. The match before last had a party of two that literally just kept throwing by killing jumping off the ledge.

I can't take much more of this, it's beyond frustrating...

3 groups tonight failed to complete Uprising because they all rush into the last section and ignore the Bastions.

Even though I told them to kill the Bastions first.

And the Rein charged.

Even though I told the Rein to take it slow and not charge.

Sigh. :(

Blues1990

Going through some serious QP cancer right now. I've never seen worse teams than I have tonight. Constantly have one guy leaving that isn't ever replaced, instant locking 5 DPSers. Oh and I just went into a party of 4 level 800s while solo queued. It's been 6 games in a row now. The match before last had a party of two that literally just kept throwing by killing jumping off the ledge.

I can't take much more of this, it's beyond frustrating...

I know the feeling, man. Quick Play is WAY to thorny to have some semblance of coordination and balance.

Wanderer5

Aw yeah, I got some sweet kills with Orisa's Halt ability at Ilios.

Man, I thought she was meh when she came out, but now I been starting to enjoy her a lot lol.

Foxxsoxx

I know the feeling, man. Quick Play is WAY to thorny to have some semblance of coordination and balance.

Yeah dude maybe comps isn't so bad after all...

Edit: Just had a match with a 140 teammate that played Anna. He had 16 minutes playtime. I didn't get healed once. I was tank.

DchbcMq.gif%3Fnoredirect

hanzo is the dumbest character in the entire game honestly they should just delete him

it's either

1) they do literally nothing and contribute nothing to your team

2) dying to nonsense scatter arrows

delete him

Blues1990

hanzo is the dumbest character in the entire game honestly they should just delete him

it's either

delete him

Would it be better if they rework his tool kit to be a close range martial artist?

Foxxsoxx

it's either

delete him

Hanzo is great if you know how to use him. I think scatter arrows is a fantastic ability and I never think it's BS if I die from it though admittedly he is my most played character and I know how to make him work unlike the majority of the plebs xD

Truly though he can be useless as hell if your teammate doesn't know how to use him or when.

Hanzo had a hard life.

antitrop

Had what seemed like a really shitty day of Comp, but ended 15SR up from when I started, so I guess it wasn't that bad. It just feels bad. Comp is exhausting.

Why are people trying so hard to make Orisa work? She's terrible. She can't provide cover on the move like Rein or Dva and her gun is straight garbo

if you think about it widowmaker should really be able to kill people by shooting next to them or in front of them or literally anywhere except their body but also she can do that too

Why are people trying so hard to make Orisa work? She's terrible. She can't provide cover on the move like Rein or Dva and her gun is straight garbo

She's decent, like all characters when used correctly. Having her and Rein switching out shields is a good defensive strategy when playing 2CP maps

Kuro

Widowmaker still broken. I've seen average widows get 4 kills in 3 seconds because of that ridiculous charge time and the fact that if no one is immediately ready to jump on her she can do that much damage.

Anne

She's decent, like all characters when used correctly. Having her and Rein switching out shields is a good defensive strategy when playing 2CP maps

Eh, situationally she's decent but there is always a better option. She's one of the weakest characters atm. Has a very strong kit but the fact she's kinda useless in a team fight unless ult is up is a p big dealbreaker.

Yeah, after the break people played some more, with more mixed results. Maybe 1-2

We gotta work on some of our strats and placements and communication I think.

I hope to be on tomorrow for a little while in the afternoon.

Also 6 stack is probably a mistake... causes us to be put up against really good stack teams.

4 and 3 seem to be the good numbers for our group to rack up the wins.

Owzers

I don't like leaving my fate to randoms but am willing too, two games with iffy random/s, one game with a good soldier.

randome

How do some Zaryas cause so much damage? My favorite hero is probably Zarya and I average like 23 eliminations and 8000 or so damage. I see some people average like 5000 more damage but have around the same number of kills. What am I doing wrong? Anyone have Zarya tips in general?

I don't like leaving my fate to randoms but am willing too, two games with iffy random/s, one game with a good soldier.

We wrecked last night. Buttchin, Biscuit, Phazon, and I.

Randoms knew what they were doing. I didn't want to stop but we all got tired enough.

It's not an exact thing... but I have faired better that way than with our full 6 stack.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It's funny, I don't really think Hanzo is that weak, but there is something off.

His kit is fine. Scatter shot can one shot most units. His 2nd move is good for finding enemies, and even his ult. He does good damage, etc.

But he's just not a fast unit and has to stand still, in a game that punishes both. Basically, the character is fine, but he's unsuited for the meta. That's where he needs an adjustment. Reduce damage, but give by back by increasing movement speed while aiming.

On Orisa, it's her weapon. She's basically a slow moving, slow firing, bastion. If the other team is going something like Hog, Rein, Winston, etc. A heavy tank team. She has her use. But a single soldier can run laps around her ass.

On games, went on a pretty nice win streak before a loss. Loss was a heartbreaker, in the sense that it was to a Bastion team I didn't find particularly good. A Junk rat or our own Bastion Comp would have devastated it, Did our own, but simply, while our Mercy and Rein run over to help. They leave our Bastion to die. While their Mercy and Rein are still on theirs. My Junkrat worked fine, but I brought out it too late. Should have just done it sooner.

Top Bottom